web hosting google ads

i have seen a lot of web hosting companies offer free
    google advertising
    how they get that
    whats a method
    to get free gogle ads

You have to contact Google and basically if you get enough customers signing up to where it would be worth it to Google to get them hooked on AdWords they will set you up with something but I don't know of any smaller providers doing this off the top of my head.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I mostly only see the "big boys" of the industry who are able to offer free Google Ad vouchers. If you're a new start-up hosting provider it's unlikely you'll be able to do this or there may be a hefty price tag.

Yes that's true... google synchronizes with only very big players of hosting company to provide free credits...

But even companies are providing like $25 or so credits which is really less for such a big network as google... your ad would not be able to be shown on all the publishers of google and it will be over with $25..

You really need to pour a lot of money to properly advertise with google adword.

Its mostly the big companys offering this if you do research on it and all, for example companys that you hear about ever day or a lot.

I've seen it offered through billing software such as Plesk Billing, if you had X clients they would allow you of offer $25 Google AdWord credit to new sign ups.

I've since moved to WHMCS because Plesk Billing just wasnt cutting it.

Google Adwords isn't that great, bit of a waste of money I think. We've been trying it, spent around $100 dollars and we've almost used all of the credit and had no purchases from it. Loads of clicks, but nothing coming from it.
    Last edited by HostThree; 10-17-2009 at 01:04 PM.

RH-Scott, you are right it doesn't now a days really help you make sells... because many warez forum ask there users to click on ads.. and thus you get many clicks....

Also $100 is very less in terms of adword, many companies spend over $100 per day even...

So consider other options I mean alternates to adword

I'm one of the people who says Google Advertising DOES work. It just needs to be done correctly. I'm no pro at all but I do know a few key things:

1. Don't compete for top words. Do not compete for broad words. I usually do my best to stick to exact terms and terms that don't really receive much traffic. Instead of paying $10.00 for a click on the term "hosting" why not go after the $0.25 click you get when someone types "host with wordpress script". Sure the term might get searched a whole 5 times a day but do the same with 100's and 1000's of keywords and the traffic will flow... for cheap too!

2. Are you targetting the entire world? DON'T. Choose the Countries and Regions wisely. There's no point wasting $ on clicks if you don't have a website, service, etc that will make someone from Zimbabwe want to buy off you.

3. Opt out of the content and search partners. ONLY display your ads on Google's website. You'll still get some fraudulent clicks from competitors but atleast you're not dealing with website owners trying to scam Google to get rich quick. The content and search networks are a bad idea IMO.

4. TRACK YOUR CAMPAIGN. It amazing how many people rely simply on Adwords backend for campaign information. Something like Google Analytics allows you to view click times, bounce rates, etc. After even 5-10 minutes of reviewing your click history you'll likely notice some distinct patterns. Are people remaining on your website longer during certain hours? Are people from one Country staying longer then others? etc. Use this type of information to tweak your campaign.

5. BUILD CUSTOM LANDING PAGES. Sure your website is good enough to sell your service/product but take it a step further when dealing with Google. Create a custom landing page. Whatever ad the potential client just clicked obviously intriqued them. Don't make them read through ANYTHING ELSE not related to that ad and what it had to offer them.

Anyways, those are just some quick tips to help improve your Google Adwords success.

I began managing my own campaign a few months back. I took it over from a PPC campaign management company who did the initial setup, etc. In just a few short months I've lowered our daily budget, average CPC and most importantly lowered our conversion cost by 50%!

It all takes time with Adwords.

10. Thanks Mekhu, I'll put that into my google docs list to implement your ideas
    Studyhost - Simple Web Hosting Solutions
    UK and USA cPanel Web Hosting
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Visit us at: studyhost.net

I gave up on Google AdWords just for the simple fact of the cost ratio to what I would get in sales just didn't cut it.
    Anthony H. Webmaster of 3Dx Hosting
    Hosting: 3dxhosting.com & My Design Blog: Anthony Hays.com
    We provide low cost standard & custom shared hosting solutions.

Google adwords is always a good tool use for your business, but don't rely on it to increase your business at a rapid level. Still market your company with other target audiences instead of simply just search engines.
    RackRhino Server Locations: MO, MI, NY, FL, UK
    Shared, Dedicated, Managed & Reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    I'm one of the people who says Google Advertising DOES work. It just needs to be done correctly. I'm no pro at all but I do know a few key things:

1. Don't compete for top words. Do not compete for broad words. I usually do my best to stick to exact terms and terms that don't really receive much traffic. Instead of paying $10.00 for a click on the term "hosting" why not go after the $0.25 click you get when someone types "host with wordpress script". Sure the term might get searched a whole 5 times a day but do the same with 100's and 1000's of keywords and the traffic will flow... for cheap too!

2. Are you targetting the entire world? DON'T. Choose the Countries and Regions wisely. There's no point wasting $ on clicks if you don't have a website, service, etc that will make someone from Zimbabwe want to buy off you.

3. Opt out of the content and search partners. ONLY display your ads on Google's website. You'll still get some fraudulent clicks from competitors but atleast you're not dealing with website owners trying to scam Google to get rich quick. The content and search networks are a bad idea IMO.

4. TRACK YOUR CAMPAIGN. It amazing how many people rely simply on Adwords backend for campaign information. Something like Google Analytics allows you to view click times, bounce rates, etc. After even 5-10 minutes of reviewing your click history you'll likely notice some distinct patterns. Are people remaining on your website longer during certain hours? Are people from one Country staying longer then others? etc. Use this type of information to tweak your campaign.

5. BUILD CUSTOM LANDING PAGES. Sure your website is good enough to sell your service/product but take it a step further when dealing with Google. Create a custom landing page. Whatever ad the potential client just clicked obviously intriqued them. Don't make them read through ANYTHING ELSE not related to that ad and what it had to offer them.

Anyways, those are just some quick tips to help improve your Google Adwords success.

I began managing my own campaign a few months back. I took it over from a PPC campaign management company who did the initial setup, etc. In just a few short months I've lowered our daily budget, average CPC and most importantly lowered our conversion cost by 50%!

It all takes time with Adwords.
    EXCELLENT post... I'm definitely saving this to the internal wiki