Angry FSCKVPS!!!! I NEED THE REFUND

Last night I paid for the vps annually. After that,i waited for 6 hours then I got the IP!

I thought that is nothing wrong,but when I tried to install nginx,but always said:

cannot allocate memory

WTF!!! WHAT THE TRASH SERVER!

I want then cancel my account and refund,but I waited for the whole day,no one answer me!

Who can help,please!!

Have you tried contacting Management / Customer Service / Refunds?

It's Friday and if you submitted a refund request after business hours your not going to get a reply until Monday, or so I would believe.

I think your confusing WHT as the FSCKVPS' helpdesk.

https://secure.fsckvps.com/clientarea.php
    Best Regards,

Mark

Ummm... wow. If this is how you communicated with them, I can see why you didn't hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrychenme View Post
    but always said:

cannot allocate memory

WTF!!! WHAT THE TRASH SERVER!
    you'll most likely get an email on monday saying "cannot locate manners too!".

relax dude...you only get what you pay for. they'll fix it for you.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

I'm using FSCKVPS and they seem to be fine. Their support was fairly responsive for a unmanaged solution. Like the others said, please try their helpdesk. WHT is NOT their helpdesk nor will they likely be able to respond to you on this thread in a timely manner.

Its friday night, Lol there staff are off early today prob, and they are all out with there families having fun, Calm down your get something back wether its your money or a better server,

Are you sure you have enough ram to run the application you are trying to run??
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

I'm sure that I still have 980MB free ram can use,but "yum install vsftpd",then appeard "killed"

Well, that's why its always best that when you're trying a new host regardless of what reviews they have, is that you try them out first for a few months or so to get a better feel of their service before paying for an annual package. And always try to calm down as much as you can, cause sometimes a negative approach won't do you any good.. =)

Uh if it cant allocate the memory then you are using up more memory then your VPS has

we had some issues with that recently on our server nodes - adjusting the kmemsize was all that was needed. Clients VPS's showed plenty free ram - but simple commands like apt-get would cause "memory forked" errors.

Quote Originally Posted by wise View Post
    we had some issues with that recently on our server nodes - adjusting the kmemsize was all that was needed. Clients VPS's showed plenty free ram - but simple commands like apt-get would cause "memory forked" errors.
    Yup, it would be interesting if we can see what the current kmemsize for the VPS jerrychenme has. (run cat /proc/user_beancounters)

Aside from that, I've had the same issue after FSCKvps migrated my VPS to another node. A quick email to support quickly fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    you'll most likely get an email on monday saying "cannot locate manners too!".

relax dude...you only get what you pay for. they'll fix it for you.

owm
    lol
    couldn't stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by jerrychenme View Post
    I'm sure that I still have 980MB free ram can use,but "yum install vsftpd",then appeard "killed"
    Give them sometime.
    As others have pointed it out, its Friday (weekend) so you might be getting refund on Monday.
    Find solution to every problem ---> Google.com

As two other persons above me have mentioned, just send a request to them to increase the kmemsize to 15-20M and you'll be fine (I have no idea why they default it to 5M which is easily exceeded even with a LNMP).

I had this problem and when I checked the RAM I was using it was like 5% of what I paid for.

I no longer use them because of this as it appears there is not enough RAM on there nodes, seems they are overselling.

Just test how many MB you can load into RAM, if you can not get up to at least 90% of the guaranteed amount they have to pay you back as then the quality of service is not what you paid for.

You're lucky you got a vps from them at all after paying. I ordered one from them a week ago and am trying to get a refund for the vps they never set up.

Seriously, these guys are lame as hell. I can't recommend them to anyone

After having no luck with these guys myself (they never set up my vps at all nor responded to my ticket requests to refund my money at all over the past week), I decided to have some fun after receiving a response chastising me for swearing in a followup ticket that they finally actually responded to:

My reply to them follows, good luck (I doubt I'll ever hear a thing from them again and deservedly so, but at least I got a laugh out of it):

Subject: Request detail manual on methods guranteed not to offend personnel

Hello,

I am requesting details from your corporate manual re: details on methods not to offend personnel.

It's come to my attention that I am remiss re: not offending personnel on your staff when you are busy ripping me off.

I request further details on this matter and, ideally documentation.

For example, I will venture to hazard a guess that the phrase "you cocksucking, scamming ****wads took my ****ing money and never delivered a jesus-titty-****ing thing, nor did you respond to my support tickets you, mohamed-raping, virgin-mary-felching, performing-hot-carls-with-moses ****ing ****s" should likely not appear anywhere in a support ticket but I am not aware of the precise protocol in this situation.

Nor, likely should "i'd love to go to your house and skull**** your blind, goat-molesting uncle". But, again I am unsure vis a vis standard protocol in this regard.

I eagerly await your response on this matter and the proper documentation.

Yours,
    A satisfied customer

Now that isn't nice, Did you really send them this? They aren't going to give you refund def now, And do you know they could take you to court?

I wasn't going to get a refund anyway judging by several things I've seen posted around. And how the hell are they going to take me to court? Not going to happen. They haven't the slightest idea who I am and I said nothing that was a direct threat or illegal in any way. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by shockdiode View Post
    For example, I will venture to hazard a guess that the phrase "you cocksucking, scamming ****wads took my ****ing money and never delivered a jesus-titty-****ing thing, nor did you respond to my support tickets you, mohamed-raping, virgin-mary-felching, performing-hot-carls-with-moses ****ing ****s" should likely not appear anywhere in a support ticket but I am not aware of the precise protocol in this situation.

Nor, likely should "i'd love to go to your house and skull**** your blind, goat-molesting uncle". But, again I am unsure vis a vis standard protocol in this regard.

I eagerly await your response on this matter and the proper documentation.

Yours,
    A satisfied customer
    sounds like a reply I got from the WHT Helpdesk the other night.

j/k

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    sounds like a reply I got from the WHT Helpdesk the other night.

j/k

owm
    I was just trying to have a little fun and possibly lighten up the day of the guy who was unfortunate enough to have to reply to these tickets' day. It's not his/her fault, just that the company doesn't deliver.

Actually managed to get the refund out of them with that last ticket, just FYI

Attitude.....

I promise you, talking to them that way will get you nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by elitehostpro View Post
    I promise you, talking to them that way will get you nowhere
    Actually,

It's not generally my style to be that abrasive but polite queries garnered no response whatsoever after several tries. They simply took my money and didn't set anything up and I was quite furious. I've never encountered this kind of negligence from a hosting company. I'm curious as to why people with "hosting" or "host" in their handle keep defending this sort of activity on this forum.

Being totally rude and insane actually got my refund, so it did indeed get me somewhere (although I can't recommend that sort of thing as a general course of action ).

If that last post was not directed at me, I humbly back away from the thread.

next time never pay a year in advance
    always per month
    k-planethost
    shared hosting,reseller vps at http://k-planet.gr

I've actually been amazed at how often kindness gets you nothing (cable co, telco, utilities, store managers) ..... but if you start to cuss up a storm, throw out some insults -- you get service, finally? WTF?

I don't get to come to WHT as often as I used to, but I swear every time I log in to the VPS forum, there's at least 2-3 people complaining about fsckvps. I just don't get it.

Kudos for getting your $$ back. Strange world.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||