Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Found a good FREE reseller hosting company

Despite all the people who said it was not available I finally found a company that was offering free reseller plans. Has anyone tried out http://www.lypha.com ? They are providing 50mb, 2gb transfer, cpanel/whm, mysql, email, etc for FREE! (yes $0, zilch, nada)

I signed up a few days ago, got my account details, support seems good (replies being answered within 24 hours), their servers appear to trace to the ServInt NOC which I've heard is a top notch dedicated provider... I will provide more reviews later on, atm just enjoying my free plan

Only con is the free plan only allows 1 hostable domain, meaning I can only host myself and someone else

atm I am in happy land
      0 Not allowed!

hmm, interesting. how do they make money? Will they be around for long?
      0 Not allowed!

Well you have to pay the $1 setup for the free account and ou can resell a whopping 2 domains or is that 1 domain + your domain?

At whatever rate, you're right free is free is free is auhhh what you pay for

Be sure to hit us back and let us know if you are still happy down the road or how long it takes for you to have the need to upgrade.

Good Luck!
      0 Not allowed!

will do
      0 Not allowed!

Once again, the phrase "you get what you pay for" comes to mind...

Good luck with your reseller account though.
      0 Not allowed!

wow
      0 Not allowed!

Can someone explain this:

* Free Plan available! No Cost to Startup!
    Setup Fee $1
    So is it a no cost to startup? or a setup fee of $1 ?

0 Not allowed!

i'm confused
      0 Not allowed!

be carefull man.
    but anyway this is a very good way to get clients in the door but could realy fill up the server VERY fast.
    but good luck
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

They either stole content from several places or they're affiliated with imhosted.com
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com
      0 Not allowed!

"Lypha is a division of SecureGuards Inc, a company founded in 1998 which manages several web companies. ".. I think that says it all.. They are affiliated with imhosted.com since both of their signup pages goes to that domain.
      0 Not allowed!

LMAO. 50MB of space and 2GB of bandwidth?
      0 Not allowed!

This seems to be very interesting & nice.
    Onething is pushing me to ask; Is this company supports: Unix and Windows?
      0 Not allowed!

Why is everyone so sceptical about 'free reseller' accounts?
    We offer 'free reseller' accounts to genuine businesses/individuals who will resell our services.
    The way I see, it is that if the 'reseller' is going to bring business to us, then offering them 'free' hosting is a good decision. More like a partnership than the ‘reseller’ scamming something from us for nothing.
      0 Not allowed!

Why is everyone so sceptical about 'free reseller' accounts?
    50 megs is hardly much of a reseller account, though. Small shared account, maybe.

But still enough to wonder how long the company can survive giving away such accounts.

At the end of the day if people want easy money they should stick to lottery tickets.
      0 Not allowed!

Good luck. I'll be interested to see a review from you a few months down the road!
      0 Not allowed!

I don't really understand the benefit for the reseller then ...
      0 Not allowed!

Nice find BUT, would you really want to resell and support a client on a free host ? no way, check this thread next month when the host is gone
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry Matt but I don't think that they will gone...
    Giving a free reseller starter plan is a very clever marketing technique... It's less expensive than banners, newsletters... etc. and who starts with a free plan can always upgrade to a more serious plan...
    Personally, I decided to try their free plan and, if they give me a good service, I'll upgrade to the paid ones.

They will attract a lot of customers, and most of them will pay for an upgrade when their business starts to grow...
      0 Not allowed!

I didnt look at the site, or realise this was what they were doing.. indeed it seems to be a nice marketing tool - I didnt know about the paid upgrades etc..
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like a pretty good idea once I looked in to it! If they have good service/uptime then the person who signs up for free will surely want to start paying when their very small host of their own site and a customers site grows to 2 customers then 3 etc...
    -- Matthew
      0 Not allowed!

I signed up with Lypha a couple of hours ago. I'll be back in a month with a review.

I didn't get the free reseller plan...I'm not a reseller #1, and #2 the 50MB of space isn't enough for my magazine to grow by much, so while it was tempting, I opted to shell out the $8.95 per month for their "Standard" regular hosting package. I really didn't want to go that high to begin with, since my magazine is a one-person operation (me) and is a baby, but the features of the $8.95 package are fantastic.

With my package, I got a month free. And, in this case, a free month really DOES mean a free month. They are not going to charge the CC until December 19th. The billing part of the order form said this, and I saved the whole page to my hard drive for safekeeping. This is what got me. I don't want to be charged for a "free month" and have to go through the refund process, and all of that, if I decide not to stay with the company.

Their website says it'll take 6 hours to setup accounts. The order confirmation email I got said 24 hours. Either way, I'm cool. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
      0 Not allowed!

I really don't understand what they do with $1. Is it possible they want only credit card number?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ghost
    I really don't understand what they do with $1. Is it possible they want only credit card number?
    Naaaa...!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast