file sharing hosting solution

Hi,

Im doing an iphone app related to audio recording. I would like for the user to be able to share these recordings on twitter/facebook. Since you can't encode to mp3 (licensing issue i think), I'll have to do it server side, and then host those mp3s for some period of time (week or month).

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an inexpensive hosting solution I should look at. Most of the cheaper hosting plans I see would probably consider this as file sharing and not allow it in their TOS.

I thought I would be able to use google appengine, and pay only for whats used... but since it doesn't do direct disk access I don't think there's a way for me to convert to mp3 with them.

Any suggestions at all are really appreciated.
    Thanks

May want to look into a non-overselling host. They tend to allow you to use all the resources within the package you select, the way you want but keep in mind the Resource Usage (CPU, RAM, etc.)

You might also want to possible consider a VPS solution. What is your budget and also what do you think your approx storage will be?
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

I don't really know what to expect. Iphone apps can either be a hit or a miss. Which is why i was hoping to go with something more on the pay as you go type of deal

I always think vps is way better than shared hosting for many reasons. There are a lot of good packages to choose from as to price is concern. Try looking at the offer section forum.

No need to go for a vps for such a small requirement...
    I too would recommand you that you go for a non-overselling provider who can surely and easily help you with your needs...