Question easycgi.. are they really that bad?

Hi all,

I've been reviewing them here, and I am actually their customer for the past few months now. Luckily, when webstrike was taken over, I only have about 5 account here with them.

Anyways, after a month of problems when they moved me over. I have to say all is well. Whenever I have problems, I usually contact them via live chat, which they fixed immediately.

The real pain is when you post via ticket support, it takes a day to answer, and most of the time its not helpful. But for livechat, I think it was just fine.

Anyways, the real reason I posted here is just to ask your opinion.

I am having a hard time selling web hosting lately, and their offer is nice sounding. I mean, its 350 GB of space per account!

But of course, with this comes my worries. If they messed up somewhere along the way, and by then I already have a lot of accounts with them, moving them out would be close to impossible. I mean, where am I going to find a windows reseller offering that amount of webspace?

Well, im just voicing out my thoughts.. so what do you guys think of easycgi.com?

Thanks
    Scout

Greetings,
    I have never used there services, but it is fair to assume that they are overselling to an extreme level. 350 GB for $5.99 per month
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

You probably won't get to use that full 350GB disk space or anything close to it, at least not for that price.

The experiences are different. I assume you will be able to find someone who will find them really attractive and stable
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    You probably won't get to use that full 350GB disk space or anything close to it, at least not for that price.
    He's quite right I'm afraid. The terms of service will likely make that an impossibility, and even if they won't, their internal policies will.

If they messed up somewhere along the way, and by then I already have a lot of accounts with them, moving them out would be close to impossible.
    Chances are that none of your customers will use anywhere near that much, which means that in a worst case scenario, you'll only have to keep a limited amount of accounts with them.

The billing period may be an issue though. Often times getting out of there (any hosting provider) becomes a very stringent issue in a matter of months, weeks or even days. However, due to the fact that at any moment in time you will probably have paid in advance for 1-2 years of service, you'd be faced with a potentially difficult decision.

If You cancel this Agreement, upon proper notice to EasyCGI, prior to the end of the Initial Term or any Term thereafter [...]

II. EasyCGI may (but is not obligated to) refund to You all pre-paid fees for basic hosting services for the full months remaining after effectiveness of cancellation (i.e., no partial month fees shall be refunded), less any setup fees, cancellation fees, and any discount applied for prepayment, provided that You are not in breach of any terms and conditions of this AUP, User Agreement, Anti-Spamming Policy or Domain Policy;
    http://www.easycgi.com/legal/legal_useragreement.bml

Now, I suspect that they typically do issue the prorated refunds, but when time comes to decide you just have to move out, the company is probably not going to be in its best state, and getting a refund may become quite an issue.

Reseller programs have their pluses and their minuses.