FastServers.net - need testimonials

Are these guys any good? I'm about to give them some business. They're prices beat Datapipe's by about 25% and so far they've been very responsive (the quote process has been extremely pleasant). How's their infrastructure and service? Are they as good as Datapipe? Has anyone ever been at their datacenters?

Thanks in advance

J.

Did you already try search for reviews on this forum?

Or you looking for more fresh ones?

What are you looking to purchase from them? I've dealt with both in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ph0enix View Post
    Are these guys any good? I'm about to give them some business. They're prices beat Datapipe's by about 25% and so far they've been very responsive (the quote process has been extremely pleasant). How's their infrastructure and service? Are they as good as Datapipe? Has anyone ever been at their datacenters?

Thanks in advance

J.

Hello J!
    Toi answer that I suppose that is enough to do the search for their reviews on this board

Please before asking for a testimonial or reviews do a search that can surely find you some good results.

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Did you already try search for reviews on this forum?

Or you looking for more fresh ones?
    Yes, I'm looking for the most recent experiences.

Thank you!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by JG View Post
    What are you looking to purchase from them? I've dealt with both in the past.
    Would you mind comparing the two?
    I'll be getting two dedicated servers.

Thank you!

J.

Hello,

We use FastServers at my work and we are entirely satisfied with their network and support. They have their bumps here and there, but overall they're a great company to work with, and definitely worth the price they ask for.

I'm reporting my post to the mods to verify.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

I have used them in the past for colocation but now they are owned by layeredtech so past reviews may be moot.

Quote Originally Posted by ragavbpl View Post
    Please before asking for a testimonial or reviews do a search that can surely find you some good results.
    I'm not sure what I should be looking for though. I haven't found too much relevant info when I searched for "FastServers.net" and now that they're owned by LayeredTech, it's probably all different anyway. Another name that just came up is CoreSite whose datacenter (Chicago) they want to put my servers in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    H They have their bumps here and there, but overall they're a great company to work with, and definitely worth the price they ask for.
    Hi Nick,
    Would you mind explaining "their bumps here and there" in more detail? Do I need to be worried?

J.

Hi Nick,
    Would you mind explaining "their bumps here and there" in more detail? Do I need to be worried?

J.
    No need to be worried at all. They have issues now and then just like every provider does, but they fix the issue promptly, and always provide a full explanation to their clients. Their way of handling issues is very professional.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

No need to be worried at all. They have issues now and then just like every provider does, but they fix the issue promptly, and always provide a full explanation to their clients. Their way of handling issues is very professional.
    Would you mind giving me an actual example or two of the issues you've experienced with them?

I'm used to dealing with Datapipe which really has no issues with the service ...well, they had one in the two years that I've been with them. The power in the datacenter that my servers are in went out during a thunderstorm and for some reason the backup generators had not kicked in like they were supposed to for almost 45 mins. Luckily it happened at night and I didn't lose too much traffic. Other than that, I have not had any interuptions of service. I'm expecting FastServers.net to give me that same level of service otherwise I'll just give more business to Datapipe.

I should probably add that I'm considering these guys for hosting a business mission critical application. It cannot go down. It needs to be available to thousands of customers around the world 24/7/365.

Thank you!

J.
    Last edited by ph0enix; 10-16-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Well, if you cannot afford having to deal with some problems that might appear here and there like nick is saying, then I guess its best that either you stay with datapipe or even better you try looking around for other hosts. There are still a lot out there that can give you better service with a very reasonable price.

I searched this board to try to find out what happened with FastServers.Net without a PR bias that LT would put on it.

The real question at this point is ph0enix, have you ever considered a server from LayeredTech because that's essentially what you'll be getting here i'd imagine.

FastServers clients previous to this takeover might have some information that would be helpful as to what happened with the company.

When we had servers at LT (years ago) it was hard getting ahold of anyone (support) on the weekends, things might of changed now.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

Quote Originally Posted by akirah View Post
    Well, if you cannot afford having to deal with some problems that might appear here and there like nick is saying, then I guess its best that either you stay with datapipe or even better you try looking around for other hosts. There are still a lot out there that can give you better service with a very reasonable price.
    Thanks for the advice but that's not what I'm looking for here. The point of this thread is to find out how good the the LayeredTech/FastServers.net service is. So far there has been one response (by woods01) with specific information in that regard. I appreciate Nick's responses but saying that there have been issues without giving any actual details isn't particularly helpful.

J.

Hello,

We use FastServers at my work and we are entirely satisfied with their network and support. They have their bumps here and there, but overall they're a great company to work with, and definitely worth the price they ask for.

I'm reporting my post to the mods to verify.
    Verified, Thank you.

It looks like LayeredTech had two issues with the service pretty recently:

Down for over two hours on 10/10/09:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=layeredtech

Down for over hour and half on 8/23/09:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=layeredtech

ph0enix, I think it's in your best interest to search elsewhere. I don't think fastservers.net testimonials are going to help you since it's not fastservers anymore.

I don't think LT has any WHT representation, there are a number of good companies out there with a WHT rep that would address any questions/concerns.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    ph0enix, I think it's in your best interest to search elsewhere. I don't think fastservers.net testimonials are going to help you since it's not fastservers anymore.

I don't think LT has any WHT representation, there are a number of good companies out there with a WHT rep that would address any questions/concerns.
    Hi James,
    How do I go about finding companies with a WHT rep?

Thanks!

J.

Hi James,
    How do I go about finding companies with a WHT rep?

Thanks!

J.
    If you see one with the link to a company in his signature, he's probably a representative of the said company.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions