I have been a client of SolidInternet for exactly 7 years back since they were Myacen. I was able to deal with the fact that their customer service was less than desirable. It was a little better as Myacen but SolidInternet seemed to adopt the philosophy that customer service was less needed.

I was never able to access their forums because it would not allow me to register. For months ever since they changed their site I have not been able to access my account page. So they started to automatic bill me. I did not make a big deal of it because for the most part my site was staying up.

NOW, there is a BIG problem. My site has been down since early Monday evening. TWO of their servers (server 4 and server 8) were down in red on their server status page when I checked up until Tuesday night. Since then, they have removed their support page (and server status page) and replaced it with a page that says "Back Soon." They have also removed their live chat which didn't work once you entered it anyway.

I have emailed them twice at sales@tw.com.au and msn@solidinternet.com since Tuesday night to request SOME kind of update as to what is going on. NO response.

Is anyone else aware of this problem? I am very close to switching hosts. 7 years ago I signed up with Hostpacket and they had only a few people running it until eventually the owner abandoned ship. I chose Myacen because they seemed to have a good track record at the time and good package. Now I get the feeling their level of support has been short staffed as well and it seems like now they just don't care.

Does anyone know anything about what is going on with SolidInternet or experiencing the same problem? Is there anyone from SolidInternet on this board able to give an update as to why two of their servers have been down almost 72 hours??

As far as new hosts I am looking into the following: hostgator, 1and1, ixwebhosting, dreamhost, hostmonster, godaddy. I'd love to go with pair.com but they don't offer enough and are expensive (except for the fact that they do provide great customer service and uptime from what I hear). I want someone with a long track record and good customer support if needed.