Thread: Tiny vps wtb

Tiny vps wtb

After my bitter and nasty taste with vaserve, I am looking for a VPS, with:

-Memory:

-BW : 50 Gb of should cut it.

-Location? any ( if possible far away from NYC as Ive already use one from there which are very nice so far but would avoid any type of downtime due to any type of local problems)

-Virtualization: Openvz

-Price: 3 bucks (paying a whole year upfront).

The one I currently have, has more than the described above ( at an under 3 bucks price, so I am not being demanding):

5GB Space 256MB RAM 500GB Transfer 1 IP Addresses for under 3 bucks
    Take into account that I never promoted any company. Ive been dragging the offer section and I cant see other than my current provider that seems to cut it with my requirements.

Brand new companies wont be considered. I am not looking for the super traditional we all know but not the newbies either.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by elvis1; 10-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.

i think that the reason no one can quote that is cause its a tad cheap for what you want, i dont see how any host will offer that as they simply wont make money, or even break even, you really need to up your budget.

I would also be dubious of anyone offering a vps at that spec for that price as its bound to be oversold or just not reliable at all,
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

A dedicated IP address alone costs $3 a month....
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

I don't know anyone that gives you that much RAM for $3. The closest I found is Ramhost.us (which I currently use and have had a great experience so far).

At $3/mo with 256MB RAM you would be looking at an oversold VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramprage View Post
    A dedicated IP address alone costs $3 a month....
    Not really o.O

More like 50c - $1.

Regarding the main post, you really need to up the budget as everyone else stated, that is far too low, especially for those specs :\

I have to agree with the above. I'd strongly suggest going for paying a little bit more for what you're looking for. Unmanaged + 256RAM + 50G Space will probably run you $8-10 for a reputable host.
    In2net Network Inc. ( www.in2net.com ) : Providing Service Since 1996!
    Quick Sales Response - [email protected]
    Virtual Private Servers : VPS Hosting - Ask us about our Managed Hosting services, too!
    30-Day MoneyBack Guarantee

Either increase your budget or lower your expectations. Somehow I don't see you doing either.

VPSLink has an offer which is close to what you're looking for. However the coupon is not valid on 12 month payments.

Disk space: 2.5 GB
    Bandwidth: 100 GB
    Dedicated RAM: 64 MB
    Dedicated IP's: 1
    Monthly: $5.25 - 33% off coupon
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    At $3/mo with 256MB RAM you would be looking at an oversold VPS.
    probably
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server
    Taiwan, US, UK & Germany XEN Based VPS with RAID 10

my bad: I only need 128 megs of ram and quoted specs of of my current provider

EDIT:
    My needs ( corrected):

-Memory: 128 MB

-2 GB should cut it

-BW : 50 Gb of should cut it, maybe less also

-Location? any ( if possible far away from NYC as Ive already use one from there which are very nice so far but would avoid any type of downtime due to any type of local problems)

-Virtualization: Openvz

-Price: 3 bucks (paying a whole year upfront).
    Last edited by elvis1; 10-15-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    I don't know anyone that gives you that much RAM for $3. The closest I found is Ramhost.us (which I currently use and have had a great experience so far).
    Ive seen their offers and I am currently considering their smallest package.. I want em to have em as an extra point of failure for a VPN

Check through the VPS Offers Forum, you can probably find something with your requirements, but it's still a bit low. You may want to try contacting a few providers and see if they can offer you that

I would be expecting to pay at least $8 for a decent service of that specifications.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    I would be expecting to pay at least $8 for a decent service of that specifications.
    8 bucks for 128mb? how comes? ram is cheap as sh.. nowadays and I am not consuming any other resources ( no big I/O in my case, nor big BW request,no management of course)

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    8 bucks for 128mb? how comes? ram is cheap as sh.. nowadays and I am not consuming any other resources ( no big I/O in my case, nor big BW request,no management of course)
    Yes, it can be cheap. About $50/GB for a decent ECC RAM. However, you missed out other overhead costs that can incur the higher price. You may be able to get 512MB RAM for $10, as the overhead cost is still the same compared to 128MB RAM.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    Yes, it can be cheap. About $50/GB for a decent ECC RAM. However, you missed out other overhead costs that can incur the higher price. You may be able to get 512MB RAM for $10, as the overhead cost is still the same compared to 128MB RAM.
    1) ECC $50/GB? http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-1GB-Samsung-E...item439ab54f11

Need more?

2) why use ECC? you can use an X58mobo with a single 3520 (250 bucks aprox) and have a very nice server with 8 threads for pennies and be able to upgrade as soon as dual socket mobos go down..ECC is the secure way, right? for which type of customer?? I just want cheap sh.. if memory blows out and needs to be replaced I dont mind as I am getting my data mirrored and backuped up many many times

Please dont repeat always the same tape as you must adapt to customer needs. Have a nice day

Sorry if I sound blatant.
    Keep in mind that it is a used RAM. Please avoid twisting my words.

2) why use ECC? you can use an X58mobo with a single 3520 (250 bucks aprox) and have a very nice server with 8 threads for pennies and be able to upgrade as soon as dual socket mobos go down..ECC is the secure way, right? for which type of customer?? I just want cheap sh.. if memory blows out and needs to be replaced I dont mind as I am getting my data mirrored and backuped up many many times
    Do you like having downtime cause of hardware replacement every now and then? Or do you think the host enjoy seeing downtime frequently? Your replies are merely reflecting your own selfishness.

Please dont repeat always the same tape as you must adapt to customer needs. Have a nice day
    Not every customer wants everything for nothing.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING

its very tough what you are asking mate: 50 bucks per gb and I make my statement angry ( at someone else thread)..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134652

New egg does not sell used stuff.. go figure.. I am a bit tired.. probably gonna get some sleep ASAP

Try cubichost or teamvps they offer very cheap VPSs but there reviews here n there aren't that good...

Quote Originally Posted by ragavbpl View Post
    Try cubichost or teamvps they offer very cheap VPSs but there reviews here n there aren't that good...
    cubichost seems to be trying to be recovering from some type of loss and very amateuer

teamvps has nice plans but a tad more expensive rgan what i needd

I am now asking for 256 mb for 5 bucks ( would love to have some type of promo applied or rebate) and I am willing to pay annualy

5.00/annually for 256 MB and such low bandwidth should be realistic for a lot providers, I would expect.