FDC Servers - poorly organized

Ordered a ATOM server, no word up to 2 days after order. Finally queried, was told "your credit card was declined" (which there should have been no reason). Then I told them it there shouldn't be a problem... and they directed me to setup a client file so they can get the server setup. So I did that, waited a day or two, heard nothing and sent them another e-mail...

Got the same exact reply "your credit card was declined so the order was canceled"

The funny thing is, I have another order through that I paid via paypal. I've sent $50 two days ago and haven't heard a word about it.

Poor customer service! I don't even want a server there any more if this is how they treat their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crump View Post
    Ordered a ATOM server, no word up to 2 days after order. Finally queried, was told "your credit card was declined" (which there should have been no reason). Then I told them it there shouldn't be a problem... and they directed me to setup a client file so they can get the server setup. So I did that, waited a day or two, heard nothing and sent them another e-mail...

Got the same exact reply "your credit card was declined so the order was canceled"

The funny thing is, I have another order through that I paid via paypal. I've sent $50 two days ago and haven't heard a word about it.

Poor customer service! I don't even want a server there any more if this is how they treat their customers.
    sorry to hear this,had you tried to contact them via phone?
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting R1 Soft Offsite-Backup Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

I've generally found FDCServers to be fast for most forms of inquiries using their ticket system. Except for one time when they were out of some parts (SSD drives), servers have generally been set up within a few hours of making the payment, and the one time a server did go down in a bad way, it was replaced and reloaded in less than two.

If you have an account for the CRM, I'd recommend that you use it.

I don't have anything except for an automated message that my order has been received... and a receipt from paypal confirming my payment.

This was two days ago.

Did you just send your PayPal payment to them directly at their PayPal email address or did you actually log in to a CRM account and go through their billing system to pay via PayPal?
    Dedispec, LLC.
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud Hosting | Colocation
    www.dedispec.com - sales[at]dedispec.com

I've always had wonderful experiences with FDCServers. I'm actually shocked to hear your having issues. I've been on a server from FDC for 2 maybe 3 years without any issues. Minus your normal networking issues due to routers and switches going bad but, that happens everywhere. I hope everything works out for you.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

I was looking around their website for something else, and noticed that all the 100 Mbit/1 Gbit servers as well as all the Atom servers show up as "Sold Out". I assume that could be the reason for your problems, but they should of course have gotten back to you with the reason for your delay.

Quote Originally Posted by donbiz View Post
    Did you just send your PayPal payment to them directly at their PayPal email address or did you actually log in to a CRM account and go through their billing system to pay via PayPal?
    No I did it through their billing system. The main thing was the first order that I placed... after 3 days of no word I e-mailed them and they said my credit card was declined (which I find odd). Well it would be nice if they would have told me that instead of me having to prompt them.

Then I placed an order and used paypal at checkout. Got the automated response but nothing else for two days until I prompt them again.

I ordered through them because they seem to have a good reputation on this site for customer service, but I am not impressed so far. Maybe they are just overwhelmed with orders right now.

Maybe its just a small mistake in their billing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Crump View Post

I looked into this and here is what I found. The emails you had sent to us, even after you made the new order with paypal, kept referring to the order number that used the declined credit card . That is why you`ve been told the order has been canceled due to declined credit card. If you changed the order number in the subject line that would not happen

Since your initial order has been canceled due to declined credit card, the 2nd order took longer than usual to process since it had to go through extra verification process.

%99 of all new orders are setup in 8 hours or less. Unfortunately there is lot of fraud out there and we have to do our due diligence. If something raises a red flag we do have to investigate which delays things.
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations

There's always another side to the story

Good to see that a rep from FDC came and posted to resolve this though.

Quote Originally Posted by XENnode View Post
    There's always another side to the story
    That's always the case but the customer is always right.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by bummer6666 View Post
    I looked into this and here is what I found. The emails you had sent to us, even after you made the new order with paypal, kept referring to the order number that used the declined credit card . That is why you`ve been told the order has been canceled due to declined credit card. If you changed the order number in the subject line that would not happen

Since your initial order has been canceled due to declined credit card, the 2nd order took longer than usual to process since it had to go through extra verification process.

%99 of all new orders are setup in 8 hours or less. Unfortunately there is lot of fraud out there and we have to do our due diligence. If something raises a red flag we do have to investigate which delays things.
    Thanks for the explanation. The main thing that got me was that apparently my card was declined, but I got no communication regarding that until I prompted you guys THREE days after my initial order. In other words, three days of silence and then you tell me that my card was declined.

In fairness to FDC I had an issue with the box late last night and it was fixed within minutes. Good job on the tech support, extremely quick.

I'll post a full review in a few months.

I've been almost a year with them, and I have no problem so far.

I've also had a negative experience with FDC. I ordered a Atom server and specifically asked for it to be setup in Denver. After 3 days, I finally got my information and I was not able to login to the box. After a day of trying to get them to fix it, I realized they had set it up in Chicago. 3 days later, they finally got it in Denver.

They also list a telephone number on the frontpage, and it isn't normally answered in regular business hours. Also, the person on the other end of the phone just tells you to submit a ticket no matter what the issue is, so really no point of having a telephone number.
    Cheers,
    MaxFrag Ventrilo Hosting "The King of Online Voice Communication"
    Visit MaxFrag.net | Ventrilo Servers | Ventrilo Status Monitor |
    24/7 Customer Support - Price Matching - Money Back Guarantee

My sales experience with FDC was excellent. I had a lengthy email exchange with sales and had a brief phone conversation with petr kral.

FDC support has also been excellent, all my support requests have been handled within minutes.

I was with FDC a few years back, and it seems that they still haven't got their act together. Sad to hear, but I keep hearing the same things happening that I had to deal with.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

Ive been extremely impressed with FDCServers so far. I am using them for colocation, and was impressed by how fast the ticket support was, and someone also called me to answer some questions I had prior to signing up.

If theres issues (seems bummer pointed out what they were) im sure they can be resolved.