Looking for dedi with huge bandwidth!

Hello

Im looking in hear for some good advice, im running a streaming/web/upload service from around 200 ppl..

This is very bandwidth intense, and need quite alot of disc space.

Although i have a very tight budget, 100-110$ but im trying to get a new server, i have one currently hosted with server.lu - But i have huge problems with their support, who's ignoring all my tickets regarding server problems.

I need dual core 2ghz or more, AMD or intel doesnt matter.
    2GB mem
    1TB hdd or more if possible.

And atm it seems i would need around, 15TB data, in and out..

But its mostly out, its like maybe 3-4TB in, and 10TB outbound.

Hope someone's got some ideas, any help is needed

Oh and i forgot, the server needs to be in europe, since all data is going to scandinavia.
    Last edited by Kalli; 10-15-2009 at 10:26 AM.

You'd need to really double your budget to $200+. You can get a server from WDServers.com who colo at FDCServers.net and average 50-70mbit at all times for $200-300 inc all costs, which is over 15TB/m. We have been with them for a few years and uptime and network is quality for the price. Hit them an email for a custom quote.

Thanks for your reply.

I must say i know that i need to double my budget, but im afraid my current budget is all i can handle, its even at a critical state.

Server.lu have been very satisfying, regarding bandwidth and are fully capable of handling my load, its just disappointing to have a server that crashes, nearly everyday due to BSOD, and their support dont really care.

Anyone whos done business with keyweb.de ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalli View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I must say i know that i need to double my budget, but im afraid my current budget is all i can handle, its even at a critical state.

Server.lu have been very satisfying, regarding bandwidth and are fully capable of handling my load, its just disappointing to have a server that crashes, nearly everyday due to BSOD, and their support dont really care.

Anyone whos done business with keyweb.de ?
    You get what you pay for. Raise your budget to get what you want.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Please, i know that you think i get what i pay for.

But i still think it is reasonable to think you would have just a little bit of support ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalli View Post
    Please, i know that you think i get what i pay for.

But i still think it is reasonable to think you would have just a little bit of support ?
    You don't know what it means by "you get what you pay for" if you find it reasonable to get something minimal for your minimal budget.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

You won't find a quality provider giving 15TB bandwidth for that price.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

Bad news for me.

Really no one whos been dealing with keyweb.de?

Seems they are the only options, of you exclude server.lu and ovh.com

You may want to consider a 100mbps unmetered server. Check the dedicated offers section. There are a number of European offers for 100mbps unmetered servers that could meet your needs within a reasonable budget.

10. 10mbps unmetered is ok?

Do you actually mean 110 US dollars or 110 Euro ? its a large difference. Most providers in Europe charge in Euro.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

ovh has cheap unmetered offers. The support isn't the best, but it's better than .lu

13. but ovh will set you on 10mbps

not true, some plans are unmetered

I have very bad experiences with OVH..

And their routing to scandinavia sucks.

Well its roughly 80 euros a month, which is around 110-120 dollars

Can someone link me? Or do i have to look for myself?

ThePlanet is currently selling 10TB/mth servers for as low as $69, although they're not in Europe:

http://www.theplanet.com/10TB-Bandwi...campaign=email

Have you considered supplementing your bandwidth with some sort of mass distribution system such as BitTorrent? I'm not sure if that works in your situation. You've got very odd requirements. 200 users uploading 3 to 4 TB per month of data and only downloading 10TB per month. It implies that they're uploading very short-term stuff (since you don't have enough disk space to store more than a week of data) and that each item is viewed on average only 2 to 3 times. So I guess torrents don't work for that.

Then again, if items are only viewed 2-3 times each, wouldn't it make more sense for your users to be sending stuff directly between eachother rather than using an intermediary? Or some sort of service like dropbox.

core 2 duo, 2GB ram, 1tb+ HDD, and 15tb bandwidth for $120/mo? i think you need to increase your budget to $200/mo, and you may able to find that server with poor bandwidth.

Your budget is a bit too low for 15TB of total bandwidth.

Thanks for your replies

Im currently looking around for a server, in the meantime my server with server.lu is running quite OK. Just need to handle the support

Yet again, thanks.

We have been working with Netdirekt, they have great servers, however you have to up your budget a little bit more if you need more Bandwidth

Well, for that amount of money, u'll not find any good provider with the amount of BW you need.

Burstnet is pretty cheap on dedicated bandwidth.