VPS and Dedicated Server, which better for stater

Hello, Which you guys think better for stater companies, VPS or D.Server?

My team have plan to run a small hosting company and we want to hear your advise.

I would say VPS if you are starting out.
    Although I have had a number of issues if you have access to a vps panel and someone checking the server you should be able to provide a reliable service.
    Kind Regards
    Christopher Smith

I would recommend VPS since you can realize some profit for less investment. You could rent a dedicated server and sell VPS's on it and make a fair buck if you do it right. Dedicated is hard to do unless you have your own infrastructure. Now if you're going to sell dedicated and offer some kind of additional service with it, such as management or software then it might be worth it to rent some dedicated server. VPS is probably the best to start out with though.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post
    I would recommend VPS since you can realize some profit for less investment. You could rent a dedicated server and sell VPS's on it and make a fair buck if you do it right. Dedicated is hard to do unless you have your own infrastructure. Now if you're going to sell dedicated and offer some kind of additional service with it, such as management or software then it might be worth it to rent some dedicated server. VPS is probably the best to start out with though.
    Im not sure but im pretty sure the OP meant Shared Hosting, in any case, i would advise VPS to start with, but not a $5 one, look for a reputable company with a good service background.

definitely a vps, you end up saving more money in the long run but as veportal stated, you should look for a reputable company to get a vps from - you don't want to end up with an offer that seems too good to be true, you'll most likely end up regretting it.

A reseller account or vps is good to start. Save money and learn some experience first.

This is how I went, and I sort of regret it.

Month 1 - Reseller Hosting

*I wish I would of stayed with reseller and just upgraded for at least 2-3 months

Month 2 - Dedicated Server

Month 6 - Multiple dedicated servers

I have yet to fill the first one, and so I do regret getting server happy and buying several.

It's not always fun switching hosts and having them change their IP's etc...
    Not sure what to put here :-P