Is there such a thing as a best host.

Hi all,

I have only recently started posting, but have been lurking around for just over a year. I see good reviews and bad reviews. Usually more bad then good, but then again good news never sells.

I have registered with a host and have 3-4 web sites running. End-user sites that is. I have had my fair share of troubles with hosts and also had my fights with those guys. In the last 3 years I changed about 5 times.

My question is. Is there such a thing as a best host. Judging by WHT alone, if it's posted here it's usually bad. No offence to the WHT memebers, but most people would rather bi*ch and moan then paraise, once again an understandable human response.

Would the host choice be a purely statistical issue?
    A: 15 bad reviews / 5 good reviews = 25% rating
    B: 10 bad / 10 good = 50% rating ... pick me !!

It is not possible to try every host out there, and if someone charges more it does not mean they deliver a better product. Just look at Mic***oft.

Also the review sites have little or no value as most of the reviews have icons/smilies or "You suck" / "You Rule" type comments which would be perfect for a beer drinking contest but not when people's money is involved.

I think that it's also important to note that not everyone has money and time to spare. There are people out there on tight budgets and with strict deadlines (like me).

Any suggestions / ideas / thoughts ?

Thanks all

Is there such a thing as a best host
    Only in the eyes of a customer. People have different needs/request. There are a few host that stand out over the rest.

I hear/see what you are saying, but overall I think WHT deserves a little more credit than you give them.

Judging by WHT alone, if it's posted here it's usually bad. No offence to the WHT memebers, but most people would rather bi*ch and moan then paraise, once again an understandable human response.
    Yes there are a lot of negative post, but at the same time there are many positive post. If you asked about a mediocre host you will get the negatives, if you asked about a good host you will get praise. Either way both the good and the bad can be useful info to help one make their decision(s).

Also the review sites have little or no value as most of the reviews have icons/smilies or "You suck" / "You Rule" type comments which would be perfect for a beer drinking contest but not when people's money is involved.
    Yes, there a few post that are useless (I hate those too) but most of the members will give productive/constructive replies. They may only address 1 - 2 issues, so not to have their replies turn into books (like mine here).

I think that it's also important to note that not everyone has money and time to spare. There are people out there on tight budgets and with strict deadlines (like me).
    Most of the WHT members are working professionals and their opinions are based on such. At the same time WHT does attract the "geocity" user. Sometimes the less knowledgable user catches the heat with their post, it's up to the rest to show them the way. Once or twice, any more than that, well...