Looking for a windows VPS

Hi, I will be needing a windows VPS in the near future and I need some suggestions. I have 2 options at the moment , Orcs Web and LiquidWeb however I'm open to more options. I'm also looking for feedback from customers of OrcsWeb.

Currently I favour the orc since I've read only good things about them and they offer windows 2008, but I think the 250 GB traffic is a little limited (compared to what most hosts offers these days). Liquid Web offers lots of traffic but they offer only windows 2003 and just 768MB of Ram.

I'm looking for
    - Windows 2008
    - 1 GB Ram (at least)
    - at least 250 GB traffic

My budget is 100$ / month.

I've never heard of 'Orcs Web' but I've always heard wonderful comments in regards to 'LiquidWeb' but, have not tried them personally.

I would start by looking at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103 there are alot of wonderful offers provided by many web solutions companies throughout the world. You have a great budget to work with and as a result will be able to find a solid network with reliable technicians. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_wt View Post
    Hi, I will be needing a windows VPS in the near future and I need some suggestions. I have 2 options at the moment , Orcs Web and LiquidWeb however I'm open to more options. I'm also looking for feedback from customers of OrcsWeb.

Currently I favour the orc since I've read only good things about them and they offer windows 2008, but I think the 250 GB traffic is a little limited (compared to what most hosts offers these days). Liquid Web offers lots of traffic but they offer only windows 2003 and just 768MB of Ram.

I'm looking for
    - Windows 2008
    - 1 GB Ram (at least)
    - at least 250 GB traffic

My budget is 100$ / month.

Well yes, your budget seems to be really reasonable for your requirement. I'd just like to point out that difference between OrcsWeb and LiquidWeb is OrcsWeb provides Hyper-V based VPS whereas LiquidWeb provides Virtuozzo based VPS. Since you have a reasonable budget, I'd recommend you to go for Hyper-V based host since you will get more control, higher level of isolation and dedicated RAM with Hyper-V based host.

Good luck!
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

I've been hearing good reviews from liquidweb at some forums. But I suggest you still keep looking around.

I've been a client of LW before and I think they're ok, however I want windows 2008 and no mandatory control panel. The single disadvantage of OrcsWeb (in my opinion) is the 250 GB traffic limit.

May be you can consider speaking with them to see if they can provide you with additional bandwidth as per your requirement? If it still doesn't work out, I'd recommend you to look out for some other host who can satisfy all of your requirements.
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's