DMEHosting.com - > Worst VPS hosting - They dont know how to manage servers

Ticket ID : #919385
    ---------------------------------------
    We have serveral vps servers from dmehosting.com. I would say never choose dmehosting.com for your sites. A vps server is down for more than 14 hours and still down. They do not reply to my tickets. They do not inform about the issues.

I had have many issues with them like 1 - 2 hours downtime but that's not really matter. Now the server is down for more than 14 hours and still not up. I have even asked them to transfer this vps server to another working node but they are not responding.

DON'T CHOOSE DME HOSTING .COM FOR VPS SERVERS........IF YOU NEED HIGH UPTIME AND SECURE DATA.
    Last edited by 314Hosting; 10-14-2009 at 12:53 PM.

@Wajdan

Just a suggestion but you may want to provide more details to back up your claims. Just listing one (or a number) of ticket numbers is absolutely useless without the complete details. There are just way too many people that come here and try to drag a host down with unsupported accusations. Usually when the other side of the story comes out we see that they have no (or very little) basis.

I'm not saying that you don't have a legitimate gripe but to be blunt either back them up or just move on. Your accusations so far:

1. The have the worst service.
    2. Server Admin incompetence
    3. Slow ticket response times/lack of communication.
    4. Bad server uptime
    5. Insecure servers

Thanks for the reply. I don't know about their other services. Their premium vps servers are very stable and have high uptime. I have two vps servers are on their premium servers. But their budget vps servers are not very stable and are down twice in the week and now you can see the server is down for more than 15+ hours and is still down.
    You'll be confirmed once one of their staff member will respond to this thread. Normally, i do not want to post bad reviews but 15 hours downtime is not acceptable. If they had respond to my ticket with " They are working on the server"or tell me issue if they have any, I would never have posted review here. I was forced to post a thread here because they are not even respond to my support tickets.
    Last edited by 314Hosting; 10-14-2009 at 01:41 PM.

We're probably on the same server.

Here's the response I got about 9 hours ago:
    We are performing FSCK on the root server. We will update you after the completion of that test.
    I don't really support the thread title, just hopefully giving you the answer you wanted. I signed up with their special thread, as I needed a VPS that could just push a lot of bandwidth. I'm not sure, given this is only like 5 days in, that I'll be staying, we'll see.

@Wajdan

OK that is a more focused criticism. Your original post/subject was just way too broad. You would never know based on your first post that you though their premium vps accounts were good if you see my point = )

Kudos to you for taking a breath and looking at your experience again. I would gather your details about your ongoing issues and try to get this escalated to management. A calm and professional discussion about your ongoing issues with support/services can more often then not get you results. IF you still don't get anywhere come back here and post the history of troubles/tickets you've had the steps you took to get it resolved. THAT will act as a warning to others and not come off as an angry post.

Quote Originally Posted by dyna! View Post
    We're probably on the same server.

Here's the response I got about 9 hours ago:

I don't really support the thread title, just hopefully giving you the answer you wanted. I signed up with their special thread, as I needed a VPS that could just push a lot of bandwidth. I'm not sure, given this is only like 5 days in, that I'll be staying, we'll see.
    You're lucky, you got a response but my ticket is still un-answered. The server is still down and they're not responding.

another bad Review about DmeHosting.. Something has to been Done ..i have VPS with them , and 13 hours after signed up was down for about hour and half , now it been about 10 days and i did not have downtime after that . The support is Not that Good , there a ticket Open from Lastnight it been about 18 Hours and Nothing from them .. i signed up after all the bad review i read about them and wanted to be fair by try them out then agree or disagree with wht others said , Right Now i have to agree with all who wrote bad reviews about them . but i will wait until end of the month before make Full Verdict..

@ wajdan . i do not understand , you have said u have seviral Vps with them . and Same time you have posted Some Ads Offering VPS for Sale .. Are you a Reseller ? Do you buy from Dmehosting and resell them here ..

Not my Busniess i know but , do not make Sense to me.

I'm hearing that they seem to be down a lot o.O

What kind of plans do you guys have, and are they managed?

Maybe it's time to move

Did you try contacting them directly? They have numbers listed on their site:

http://www.dmehosting.com/contact.php
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Not much point, what are they going to do, tell me the server is still down?
    Lesson learned, good thing it was on a special, $5 isn't that big of a deal to lose. As I said for me, it was just about a VPS that had to host some files, I'm quite happy with everything that matters on Slicehost.

Well I guess you should wait for a few more hours and hope your ticket gets a response. But I agree that it could really be annoying, that long with no answer or explanation at all.

DMEhosting are very active on these forums too:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=182831

You can send them a PM, alert them of this thread etc. It'll be good to get their response too. (Fair is fair).

I'm not saying WebhostingTalk is an official channel for communication, but it's a great tool.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.

I have an unmanaged VPS with them and it has been ok for the last 3 weeks, prior to that there was short downtime while it was updated but it has been up otherwise. Perhaps mine is on a different server to others affected? I have not had such long delays with support either and have always had a reply, even if not very fast at times. I pay very little and for the cost I am happy as uptime for me so far has been good. I hope you guys get these issues sorted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by onasre View Post
    another bad Review about DmeHosting.. Something has to been Done ..i have VPS with them , and 13 hours after signed up was down for about hour and half , now it been about 10 days and i did not have downtime after that . The support is Not that Good , there a ticket Open from Lastnight it been about 18 Hours and Nothing from them .. i signed up after all the bad review i read about them and wanted to be fair by try them out then agree or disagree with wht others said , Right Now i have to agree with all who wrote bad reviews about them . but i will wait until end of the month before make Full Verdict..

@ wajdan . i do not understand , you have said u have seviral Vps with them . and Same time you have posted Some Ads Offering VPS for Sale .. Are you a Reseller ? Do you buy from Dmehosting and resell them here ..

Not my Busniess i know but , do not make Sense to me.
    Yes, we resell them. Anyways, we have stopped reselling. Since, there chance to get bad reviews about us because of dmehosting's fualt. We're providing refunds to affected vps clients, and this is a big loss.
    Last edited by 314Hosting; 10-15-2009 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akirah View Post
    Well I guess you should wait for a few more hours and hope your ticket gets a response. But I agree that it could really be annoying, that long with no answer or explanation at all.
    It has been now 24+ hours and the server is still down and ticket is un-answered as well.

Wow, this is bad. I cant even believe a host would be down for 24 hours and nothing to explain.

Ok they replied the ticket after 24+ hours with saying " Hello,

We are working on the root server. Your Server will be back on line shortly. ".

But, the server is still down ( 28+ hours), i'm submitting a cancellation request.

Depends on how much (DAS) space is on server, fscking it might take a while. FYI.
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

The server came online now after 30+ hours. I have asked for refunds because 30 hours downtime is not acceptable.

Me too this Day 2 since posted a ticket and no answer ... and usualy when they answer it always " your on budget plan , please upgrade to premuim . .. bla bla ..
    even if u asking to upgrade ur service or problem with ur server .. its like when the ticket comes from Budget Client it goes to Archive.. if the buget not immportant to you then drop it and Stop ur Ads for it here ..

and usualy they follow up good here when they have answer and Have Something to fight back , seems this time they Can not talk back so they just pass on this Post .. and Sure they did see this Thread but didt make comment because 'Wht to say if all True "
    Last edited by onasre; 10-15-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Unfortunately the hardware went corrupt all over the node. The OS went corrupt, so we had to reinstall the OS and restore the VPS's. As soon as we restored the VPS's the a ram module went bad, so we replaced it. Then come to find out, the PSU was being the culprit this whole time which we again had to take it down and replace the PSU.

You were refunded for the VPS btw and we did tell you in a ticket what happened with that node. Hardware failure is unavoidable.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

For the record we do apologize how long it took. Instead of bringing the server back online within 1-5 hours, we spent hours (24-30 hours) restoring each vps how it was prior to the crash. We hope clients can be understanding as this isn't really something we originally offer for budget VPS's since clients take responsibility to keep backups of their data. But we did it anyways and spent the time/money doing so to ensure nothing was loss. Instead of clients spending 1 week in restoring everything, we tried to do it for them which made it take longer to restore that affected server.

We apologize for the inconveniences. If a client feels they were wronged still, we can give them a refund and close their account. We did what we thought would be best for everyone, restoring their data.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

People will Forgive and Understand if you Bother your self and send out Messages to the clients tell them wht was going On . like other providers do , and not wait until people start Opent Tikets and Cry out ..