SSL and mark/icon

i want to use SSL for my website,

and i hope i can put a mark/icon on my website to tell the clients it is safe,

i want to ask which cheap SSL Certificate support it ?

You can use SSL 123 certificate from You can use their trusted site seal to show your clients that the site is protected. Check

In your server
    We use the globalsign certs, i know that their Alpha SSL is very cheap and comes with a site seal as well
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Quote Originally Posted by [IT&VoIP] Mark View Post
    We use the globalsign certs, i know that their Alpha SSL is very cheap and comes with a site seal as well
    do you mean ?

I use, it is, well, free, the only issue is: some browsers (IE6) doesn't include the CA by default, but firefox include it, and I believe IE8 also have it.... well, it was free, so I decided to give it a try!, this far: I have no complaints (almost all of my clients already use firefox instead of IE).

I hope this helps,

Ildefonso Camargo

RapidSSL provides cheap SSL certs starting from $19.99, check Before going for cheap SSLs make sure that the SSL is not self signed certificate. Most of the SSL providers for $9.99 are self signed ssl providers
    Last edited by assistanz247; 10-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

We are using thawte SSL123. We pay it for $24/year. It provides free thawte Trusted Site Seal.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart Software with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template. - Demo

920 $9.99 for Rapid SSL
    ☆☆☆ Miss Names - Cool domain names for sale! -☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Find a new pet for your home ... Find a new home for your pet -☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by GORF View Post
    Second the RapidSSL certs, they work great

I, too prefer the Thawte SSL 123, for the recognition associated with the Thawte name.

I've been getting them from Dotster, for I believe $35, so I'm curious where they are $24?

Both are a good price, considering Thawte direct charges $149!

Site seals were one of the best marketing and one of the worst security decisions ever made.

If the browser has a padlock in the url bar, it's ssl encrypted. It took security experts years to teach users to look for it and to recognize it.

A "picture" or seal or whatever doesn't mean the site is secure but it does market the certificate 'brand' to perspective buyers.

i have no idea about it

Lowestoft UK

I'm using the Rapid SSl Cert from Namescheap which is free with any purchase or transfer for a year. Works well as a shared certificate to offer your customers as a basic solution and then you can offer them the real deal when they need it.

You get the relevant logos and seals from Comodo's website.