Perldesk - Knowledgebase help?

I'm just trying to get a Perldesk system setup for the first time. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out where in the admin or staff area I go to add "articles" to the knowledgebase of this system.

Do I first have to have user issues? That are then saved as articles or something like that?

I'd post this to the Perldesk forum, but there isn't one right now!?!

Thanks

You can add knowledge base articles as a staff user...

Ahh HA!! See, I was missing something obvious. I've only really gotten as far as the admin area.

Thanks!!

i smell a perl-desk forums?

Originally posted by dherman76
    i smell a perl-desk forums?
    It would sure be nice if John Bennett got his PD forum back up again. Anyone have any clue if/when that might happen?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

No idea - hmmm...maybe make one?

Should you set up a new forum based on someone else's product? I guess you can. After all, I can think of plenty of forums that deal with FrontPage, for example.

But who's got time for that? It just seems logical that the script creator would have a forum for his own product, doesn't it?

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

exactly.

I purchased a VBulletin license yesterday, as soon as the designer is done with the new site design the forums will be back up.

Hopefully no later than this Friday, 1.6 will very shortly follow or be released at the same time.

Kind Regards

John Bennett
    John Bennett
    PerlBill / PerlDesk Developer

Sounds good!

Nittany: I did exactly the same thing when I installed PerlDesk a few months back! It took me a good 10mins to work it out.

Good news, John. Glad to hear it's coming back online. I know many people have missed it dearly (including me).

I want to ask you a few questions about PerlDesk, but I won't do it here. I've sent you a PM instead. I wouldn't normally mention the PM thing, but you don't get email notification, so I wasn't sure you'd see it.

Vito

I've been trying to order perldesk all day to get these links removed to integrate it into a new site im working on. Keeps saying my card was declined. Checked with bank. No one has even attempted to charge the card. Guess I should wait at least 24 hours for a reply from jbserve, but I'm a bit inpatient as I need to get this done.

Does latest perldesk still execute the html code when viewing the ticket with a web browser. In old version of perldesk, when a user submits a ticket they can submit html code. Then when viewing the ticket via the web browser you see the formatted html instead of the html text.