1 domain across accounts?

Is it possible to spread 1 domain name across multiple hosting accounts and providers? Maybe through subdomains? What would be the best solution? Would this be a possible solution: Account 1 - Linux: www.domain.com, Account 2 - Win: www2.domain.com. How would I go about setting something like this up? I assume I'd setup mail on account 1, a subdomain pointer to account 2, but how exactly would I setup account 2? do I need another root domain to point to? Can I point a subdomain to a different root domain, domain2.com, and have it show up as a subdomain of domain.com? How do I get this to show up correctly on the address bar?

are you planning on using databases?

if not, simply add to A records in the zone file.... 1 for account1, the other for account2... it will simply alternate between both accounts...

if you're looking for failover service then you might want to check out zoneedit.com.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

are you planning on using databases?
    I'd probably have mySQL setup on the Linux account and MS Access on the Win account, so yes. This is one of the reasons I'm looking into multiple platforms.

Originally posted by Alex042

I'd probably have mySQL setup on the Linux account and MS Access on the Win account, so yes. This is one of the reasons I'm looking into multiple platforms.
    Hmm, so you'd be running different databases on both servers, right? Anyways, then you'd be okay jsut adding two A records...
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx