Best Magento VPS

Hello All!

I have been looking for VPS hosting for Magento.

Why do I need hosting:
    1. Hosting is used for the official web-site studio at Magento.
    2. To create sub-domains on which to install Magento. Need to show work to clients.

Here are my requirements:
    1. Disk space of at least 5GB.
    2. At least 50GB Bandwidth per month.
    3. The cost of hosting no more than $40-$50 a month.
    4. Support all the necessary software for the Magento.
    4. Optimization of servers and all necessary software for Magento.
    5. Ability to create a large or unlimited number of subdomains.
    6. Mandatory availability of support for SVN. I work with a team of developers and very important to me that I could tie SVN to a specific subdomain and the other developers using any SVN-client to work with repository.

I spent several days in search of ... I looked through forums Magento, read many sites and forums with reviews. This is just awful! Comments about the many different companies, both positive and negative.

I ask your help in choosing a reliable and quality VPS hosting.

Sincerely, Vadim
    Last edited by Hackboy; 10-13-2009 at 07:04 PM.

For Magento I would recommend a decent amount of dedicated RAM to really work well (e.g. 1GB+). For the level of service you desire you need to look for a control panel + managed support, e.g. install subversion, software support, optimization etc. Unfortunately, honestly, I think your budget is a little low for these requirements. But do check out the VPS offers forum, sometimes there are bargains to be had

Edit: ah I see your budget changed, in that case I think it is much more reasonable and you should be able to find a reputable provider. If in doubt, send them an email to find out if they will meet your needs.
    Last edited by RavC; 10-13-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    Exceptional VPS Hosting. With love, 6sync.

Hi Vadim

Most companies should work fine for magento and they can cater to your needs. What is your budget like and do you require any specific location for the VPS Host? As it seems like you're from Ukraine.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by RavC View Post
    For Magento I would recommend a decent amount of dedicated RAM to really work well (e.g. 1GB+). For the level of service you desire you need to look for a control panel + managed support, e.g. install subversion, software support, optimization etc. Unfortunately, honestly, I think your budget is a little low for these requirements. But do check out the VPS offers forum, sometimes there are bargains to be had

Edit: ah I see your budget changed, in that case I think it is much more reasonable and you should be able to find a reputable provider. If in doubt, send them an email to find out if they will meet your needs.
    Thank you! Which VPS company do you advise?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi Vadim

Most companies should work fine for magento and they can cater to your needs. What is your budget like and do you require any specific location for the VPS Host? As it seems like you're from Ukraine.

Cheers
    Hi!
    I wrote a budget ... It is up to $ 50 per month. I would like to have at least 1Gb of RAM.

If you want a provider from USA, then try ServInt, if from Europe you can try SolarVPS or FutureHosting.

Have a Magento in ServInt and it works very well.

Hosting companies will make your VPS as your needs.

Try to post a thread in hosting request forum if you are unsure.

Looking at the requirements at:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements

I don't see anything there that can not be handled by any quality host. I would look at it that you would just want the best host for your money.

Most of the better hosts already optimize the base software that runs on your VPS. Many will even install 3rd party scripts, but I'm not sure if they will "optimize" 3rd party scripts for you (at least not for free) but it's worth asking.

I'm not sure how big your files are but if you're looking to create a large number of subdomains to put in your customer files you might need more then 5GB of storage, but that's not a big deal.

I second the ServInt recommendation at your price point. @vagabondos do you have ServInt's Essential VPS?

Hi!
    Requirements for Magento hosting I have read. You carefully read what I need a VPS?

I would like to consult with all that you say about the company keyweb.de?
    There excellent prices.

For Magento I would recommend a decent amount of dedicated RAM to really work well (e.g. 1GB+).
    1GB of Ram I think to much for Magento or simply Magento is unstable.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondos View Post
    Have a Magento in ServInt and it works very well.
    vagabondos, in which servint plan are you?

How much traffic has your Magento?

Thank you.