Angry GoDaddy Sucks, but there Telephone support was Ok.

As a Professional web Developer... I never had this problem but apparently godaddy charged my account 9.99$ because they told me I had a invalid whois Information.

So I was like ok so I checked my account details in GoDaddy control panel and everything looked 100% correct... then today they put my domain on Hold. because they said it's invalid and I have to fix my whois information correctly?

The problem is They don't tell me what's wrong with my Whois information in the first place so how do I know on what to change?

In any event, I finally called them, and I talked to a guy named "Maurece" And he was a wonderful nice guy and i Told him about my problem and he checked my whois information and I was like sir, none of my whois information is invalid why did u guys charge me 9.99$ and then lock my domain? He was like oh well did u email them back saying it's all correct and it was just maybe a mistake. I was like no.... I would never email back a company that sends out emails they wont have time to read just mine.

So I guess he told me I had to email (invalidwhois@godaddy.com) them back and So I did... but on the phone with him he says they might not refund my 9.99$ They took it away and it will take 3-5 Business days to get my domain unlocked and Active again...

This pisses me off because I have over 200members online on my forum it was going very active and good, and they pull stuff like this to get 10$ off me? Also the funny thing is all my Whois information is 100% Correct, I re-checked it countless times it's all 100% even the guy on the phone said it was..

This is ridiculous let this company rot in hell, excuse my language.

This is very unusual I have never heard of this being done before

I heard of a similar incident a few days back on this forum.

Same here,

I'll post s/s's for sht**s and giggles.

i34 . tinypic . com/ipnsr8.jpg

I dont have 10 Post's take out spaces for Screenshot.. what a pathetic company.

I heard of a similar incident a few days back on this forum.
    Also GoDaddy?

Godaddy is just a overall pain for any service it provides.

There are a lot of similar stories; some people post them at http://nodaddy.com

Anyone can set up gripe site and get plenty of remarks about a company with millions of customers (in this case 35 million registered domains and almost 4 million active sites)
    Last edited by Collabora; 10-13-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyLife View Post
    This pisses me off because I have over 200members online on my forum it was going very active and good, and they pull stuff like this to get 10$ off me? Also the funny thing is all my Whois information is 100% Correct, I re-checked it countless times it's all 100% even the guy on the phone said it was..

This is ridiculous let this company rot in hell, excuse my language.
    Well, you have a right to be miffed but all this over $9.99. You should have paid it right away, minimized the downtime, and worry about the refund later.

In the meantime it would be nice to see the domain name and the notice of false whois info

(A lot of people come here to publicly bash a host in the attempts of forcing an undeserved or slow refund)
    Last edited by Collabora; 10-13-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Well, you have a right to be miffed but all this over $9.99. You should have paid it right away, minimized the downtime, and worry about the refund later.

In the meantime it would be nice to see the domain name and the notice of false whois info

(A lot of people come here to publicly bash a host in the attempts of forcing an undeserved or slow refund)
    You dont understand.

My Whois information is 100% Valid in any event they have no reason to do the 9.99$ in the First place,

Time for a attorney To get my money back and a nice lawsuit? Or maybe I should just post here to get all my anger at.

You dont understand.

My Whois information is 100% Valid in any event they have no reason to do the 9.99$ in the First place,

Time for a attorney To get my money back and a nice lawsuit? Or maybe I should just post here to get all my anger at.
    Are you serious? You are going to spend thousands on a lawyer and or lawsuit for $10!?!?!?

If your information was correct, then they shouldn't have charged you. You should ask for your money back, however it's $10, hit a punching bag instead.

You dont understand.

I understood it perfectly

Its just a matter of mitigating damages. Morally, you may be in the right, but it really comes down to a ten-dollar business decision.

Frankly, I have never heard of anyone be charged for incorrect whois info.

"Frankly, I have never heard of anyone be charged for incorrect whois info." And I think THAT is worthy of a lawsuit. Sounds an awful lot like an out and out SCAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    "Frankly, I have never heard of anyone be charged for incorrect whois info." And I think THAT is worthy of a lawsuit. Sounds an awful lot like an out and out SCAM.
    So, what damages would the OP have that would be worthy of a lawsuit?

OP site was down one week and OP was out $10, I believe. You believe a lawsuit is in order? You will pay the lawyers thousands of dollars and the amount of time for the lawsuit would be long.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    "Frankly, I have never heard of anyone be charged for incorrect whois info." And I think THAT is worthy of a lawsuit.
    No, it means something is missing in the story.

Lol, all u people thinkin im lying.

And you don't know me, you don't know anything about my Lawyer life and what I can do, so stop making those assumptions it's very unprofessional.

As in this case, My Whois is 100% Accurate they had no right to charge my account the $, Just like safeway has no right to charge u for something you didn't pay for, I Just feel like walking right over to the GoDaddy headquarters in Arizona and just act the same as in a Safeway.

I am very pissed off and I can't wait and eager to find out on what the issue is here, what a sad company.

And Quite frankly you can tell me what's missing. Because my whois data certainly isn't.

Lol, all u people thinkin im lying.

And you don't know me,
    That and some of the activity in these forums is a very good reason to be skeptical

Like I said, I have never seen someone charged any money simply because of an incorrect item in whois info. And I have seen a lot over the past 8 years of hosting.

That you continue to refuse to provide the domain name and the notice from registrar does not help your case, counselor.

Consider these posts a motion for discovery
    Last edited by Collabora; 10-14-2009 at 01:31 AM.

Oh really? Maybe u should google it, this happens daily pal.

8 Years? I've been here alot longer then you may think.

Just call your credit card company and dispute. May be better after unlocking and transferring out to another provider.
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

Last edited by bear; 10-14-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I Goggled for more info, instead of blindly defending GD. Here you go.
    No, its exactly the information I was asking for and continually denied after claiming I never heard of it happening.

You found 3 occurrences over the last 5 years, the most recent being 2.5 years ago. Hardly "a daily occurrence" [from a claim by OP that has been deleted]. Good work on your part, nonetheless.

If this is what occured with OP, technically, she was not charged for incorrect info, she was charged an admin fee for processing a complaint by a 3rd party.

However, I urge all to read the article http://domainnamewire.com/2007/03/15...y-charges-995/ thoroughly.
    Last edited by Collabora; 10-14-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    You found 3 occurrences over the last 5 years, the most recent being 2.5 years ago.
    You probably should have followed the first link, which was to Google, where I found the other two as examples. I refined the search a bit and it found "Results 1 - 10 of about 47,600 for godaddy invalid whois charge. (0.62 seconds)".

More than 3.

They seem to be mostly entries discussing the subject, not 47k occurances as you are trying to imply

What's funny is that if you choose the option "Past year" instead of Any Time you get more hits. Maybe we should move this to the Google is a Scammer thread

No matter what evidence is found, you still downplay it, so there's little point in continuing. Like any company, GoDaddy has things people don't like. This was one of many unpopular things they've done that became public and generated outcry, as the searches show.
    I can accept that. Hopefully, you can, too.

Of course, my problem was the refusal of OP to provide more info on something I have never come across and was described as a daily occurrence. I would certainly prefer they ask questions first and suspend later.

I have been with GoDaddy for several years and have no problems at all. Quite a good registrar.