Exclamation What I bought Linux-15 Vps from up2vps

Some informations about it

Disk 30 GB

Backup 0

Burst 256 MB (both guar?)

Guar 256 MB

Memory 0 MB

Cpu 400(AMD Opteron 2356)

Traffic - (the plan shows 400 GB,but nothing in hypervm)

Swap 0 MB

CpuUNIT 0

Ioprio 0

CpuNum 0

I bought the vps first time.Please give an advice.Are there any questions?

I(we) don't understand what you are trying to tell/ask. Are you asking us if the host is reputable?
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

If I use it,Burst Ram,the same as Guarantee Ram.are there some questions later?And is the plan reasonable?of course,the most is the host reputable.

What I understand is that you have a plan, but i'm guessing it's not showing in HyperVM properly?

I'm pretty sure that if you are using some of the burstable ram, however much ram you are using will show as the maximum available ram.

Depends what you wish to host on the VPS to weather the VPS limit's will be enough for you or not.
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by cnyzlx View Post
    If I use it,Burst Ram,the same as Guarantee Ram.
    With 256MB burst, you'll probably get about 100MB of usable memory. Better start learning how to optimise your processes for low memory usage.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    With 256MB burst, you'll probably get about 100MB of usable memory. Better start learning how to optimise your processes for low memory usage.

I believe the OP is saying that guarantee ram and burst ram are both 256 MB. It could be an OpenVZ VPS set up that way (not a good thing IMO), or a Virtuozzo VPS using SLM and no additional burst, or something else

The output of

Code:
    [root@vps] cat /proc/user_beancounters
    would give a better picture of what's actually configured.

# cat /proc/user_beancounters
    Version: 2.5
    uid resource held maxheld barrier limit failcnt
    390: kmemsize 3977140 4871385 214 7483646 2147483646 0
    lockedpages 0 0 999999 999999 0
    privvmpages 27608 29515 65536 65536 0
    shmpages 2436 2772 65536 65536 0
    dummy 0 0 0 0 0
    numproc 36 45 999999 999999 0
    physpages 14598 14676 0 2147483647 0
    vmguarpages 0 0 65536 2147483647 0
    oomguarpages 14601 14679 65536 2147483647 0
    numtcpsock 8 14 7999992 7999992 0
    numflock 5 7 999999 999999 0
    numpty 1 1 500000 500000 0
    numsiginfo 0 4 999999 999999 0
    tcpsndbuf 140864 339296 5 3687296 235713536 0
    tcprcvbuf 131072 356032 5 3687296 235713536 0
    othersockbuf 27840 71968 5 3687296 235713536 0
    dgramrcvbuf 0 16928 5 3687296 235713536 0
    numothersock 32 57 7999992 7999992 0
    dcachesize 0 0 214 7483646 2147483646 0
    numfile 1220 1237 2 3999976 23999976 0
    dummy 0 0 0 0 0
    dummy 0 0 0 0 0
    dummy 0 0 0 0 0
    numiptent 10 10 999999 999999 0

Yep, it's UBC with 256MB burst. The "guaranteed" memory limit is irrelevant - you won't get anywhere near it.

What are you hoping to do with this machine?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

I want build a small forum and a blog,but I come to know it's not suitable for me.
    I'm applying for a cancellation and refund.I hope they are honesty.Please focusing follow-up report

Why are you asking for a refund? If a host has supplied what they advertised and what you ordered, it's not really reasonable to ask for a refund simply because you've now discovered that the spec doesn't meet your requirements after all.

With almost all hosts operating monthly plans, it doesn't cost much to rent a VPS, try it out and then cancel after the first month if it's unsuitable.

I guess that would depend on the host's refund policy. At worst, a month's rental shouldn't cost too much.

You could run a small forum and blog on a small VPS like that, but it would need careful setup and you shouldn't expect it to cope with a lot of traffic. More memory would certainly make the job easier. If you're new to this you might want to consider a managed plan also.
    Chris

I must have a really reasonable to ask for a refund,understand?
    yesterday,I give a ticket,they agree with cancellation as follows:
    James Victor || Staff 15/10/2009 16:20

hello
    modified for new client i wait owner back we don't have acess to paypal account

regards,
    James V

Up2vps Technologies- Choose With Confidence
    Secure, Reliable, And Customer Friendly Web Hosting
    James Victor || Staff 15/10/2009 16:42

owner out of country at this time
    i will refund as soon as we able

regards,
    James V

Up2vps Technologies- Choose With Confidence
    Secure, Reliable, And Customer Friendly Web HostingHow would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent
    today,I give a ticket before an hour,as follows:
    xue lee || Client 16/10/2009 16:04

Hello,
    up2vps's owner is in the office?Could you give a cancellation and refund now?Thank you.
    But there's no reply so far.
    Please focusing follow-up report

Quote Originally Posted by ashdown View Post
    Why are you asking for a refund? If a host has supplied what they advertised and what you ordered, it's not really reasonable to ask for a refund simply because you've now discovered that the spec doesn't meet your requirements after all.
    Disagree. If you've purchased something and find it's not right for you, for any reason, it's reasonable to ask for a refund.

In the case of a VPS, the host may quote their TOS and say "sorry, no refund". In which case you accept it and move on. But it isn't unreasonable to ask.

I must have a really reasonable to ask for a refund,understand?
    yesterday,I give a ticket,they agree with cancellation as follows:

today,I give a ticket before an hour,as follows:

But there's no reply so far.
    Please focusing follow-up report
    refund done from long time
    take care when you buy may get unkindly company

Original Terms of Use says:Cancellations that are not made via that form will be ignored and will not be processed.Refund full money back (Reseller _ Hosting_ linux vps) Cpanel vps we will keep Cpanel fee
    But not refund me full moeny back.
    Though terms of use changed,I've saved the fore-txt as picture,pdf etc.Changed term of use,then give a partial refund.So kindly!I'll give BBB of Ontario complaint.
    Business is business.Honesty is the best policy.

exactly
    get something with 512 at least ram so if you have cpanel on it should run smoothly
    i suggest at least 1 giga ram
    k-planethost
    shared hosting,reseller vps at http://k-planet.gr

Original Terms of Use says:Cancellations that are not made via that form will be ignored and will not be processed.Refund full money back (Reseller _ Hosting_ linux vps) Cpanel vps we will keep Cpanel fee
    But not refund me full moeny back.
    Though terms of use changed,I've saved the fore-txt as picture,pdf etc.Changed term of use,then give a partial refund.So kindly!I'll give BBB of Ontario complaint.
    Business is business.Honesty is the best policy.
    reload by us not free we reload about 3 times before
    only free if you continue with us
    we get 5$ fee
    Last edited by Up2vps; 10-17-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Up2vps View Post
    reload by us not free we reload about 3 times before
    only free if you continue with us
    we get 5$ fee
    no hidden free and term of use nothing about it.Ludicrously,could it be that's no hidden fee?

no hidden free and term of use nothing about it.Ludicrously,could it be that's no hidden fee?
    are you ask us about reload?
    no hidden fee if you continue with us

Quote Originally Posted by Up2vps View Post
    are you ask us about reload?
    no hidden fee if you continue with us
    Oral agreement?It's clear in everyone mind.
    I have to post it forced.
    xue lee || Client 14/10/2009 20:40

I believe I read the plan of "Liunx15 vps" and "Terms of Use" carefully.If
    you cling tenaciously to your opinion,regardless of what people say.By the
    way,It says "No Contracts or Hidden Fees" on your page.

Mike Brian || Staff
    14/10/2009 20:43

No Contracts or Hidden Fees when you not refund
    now you ask about refund if we not reinstall more 4 times in this time we
    will refund without fee

regards,
    Mike B

Up2vps Technologies- Choose With ConfidenceHow would you raJames Victor || Staff 14/10/2009 21:01
    To say the least,the oral agreement is admitted.How many times you reinstall?I ask you to reinstall OS for two times.I can post the tickets also.
    I hope you to argue with me,because everyone could know about it really.

cnyzlx....

When did you purchase the VPS?

Managed or Unmanaged?

Control Panel included?

What is your domain with them?

Why all of the OS reload requests?

What were your requirements going in?

The reason I am asking, is because your initial post was about the VPS you purchased and whether it was reputable company.

At some point you decide it is not and ask for a refund?

Now while I agree with one poster that you ordered the product you need to live with your decision, and I agree with another poster that you should be entitled to a refund.

I am coming at this from a common sense point of view.

You don't know what you are doing! sometimes we have to pay for our ignorance (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way), and companies need to explain more in detail what their policies are.

But apparently! you guys are both new to the business. You will lose money because you did not do your research, and they will lose money for not being properly prepared for customers quite like yourself who post negative reviews. It is a give and take learning experience on both sides.

If you assign value to your time, then you will quickly realize that (even doing this on principle) is a waste of time.

My biggest suggestion is not order another a VPS until you have done some extensive research into the process, what your goals are, what kinds of resources you will need to accomplish those goals, and finding the right provider for you.

I don't know how long you have been viewing WHT, but your join date indicates that somehow you found this place and create a thread to question your VPS and the provider. Perhaps, you should have spent the same amount of time questioning and researching your provider before ordering their service.

I wish you well!.
    Mike

cnyzlx you have to know that is more easy to refund a customer that had obtained a shared account, or reseller account.Very easy.
    When you obtain a vps it is more difficult. If the provider has cpanel preinstalled on the box, First he has to install it, about 1-2 hours for cpanel installation, also 10-15 dollars the cpanel licence per month.
    At least yes they can keep the cpanel licence mate, If we get 10 customers the day say and after they decide to cancel,and this happen all the time its better to shut down the business and do something else.Also the os reload as you say, needs time as well you dont touch the magic button and eveything get sorted
    Also every company has a sale department, you can ask and if you feel alright with them you proceed with the order.
    See what feets to your needs, and dont spend the providers time, and yours as well for no reason.
    k-planethost
    shared hosting,reseller vps at http://k-planet.gr

Quote Originally Posted by k-planethost View Post
    cnyzlx you have to know that is more easy to refund a customer that had obtained a shared account, or reseller account.Very easy.
    When you obtain a vps it is more difficult. If the provider has cpanel preinstalled on the box, First he has to install it, about 1-2 hours for cpanel installation, also 10-15 dollars the cpanel licence per month.
    At least yes they can keep the cpanel licence mate, If we get 10 customers the day say and after they decide to cancel,and this happen all the time its better to shut down the business and do something else.Also the os reload as you say, needs time as well you dont touch the magic button and eveything get sorted
    Also every company has a sale department, you can ask and if you feel alright with them you proceed with the order.
    See what feets to your needs, and dont spend the providers time, and yours as well for no reason.
    I can't agree with you.One who list the term of use on page is not honest with customers,he couldn't gain customer's trust.Never play fire if you can not afford the result.

Quote Originally Posted by redmeds View Post
    cnyzlx....

When did you purchase the VPS?

Managed or Unmanaged?

Control Panel included?

What is your domain with them?

Why all of the OS reload requests?

What were your requirements going in?

The reason I am asking, is because your initial post was about the VPS you purchased and whether it was reputable company.

At some point you decide it is not and ask for a refund?

Now while I agree with one poster that you ordered the product you need to live with your decision, and I agree with another poster that you should be entitled to a refund.

I am coming at this from a common sense point of view.

You don't know what you are doing! sometimes we have to pay for our ignorance (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way), and companies need to explain more in detail what their policies are.

But apparently! you guys are both new to the business. You will lose money because you did not do your research, and they will lose money for not being properly prepared for customers quite like yourself who post negative reviews. It is a give and take learning experience on both sides.
    If you assign value to your time, then you will quickly realize that (even doing this on principle) is a waste of time.

My biggest suggestion is not order another a VPS until you have done some extensive research into the process, what your goals are, what kinds of resources you will need to accomplish those goals, and finding the right provider for you.

I don't know how long you have been viewing WHT, but your join date indicates that somehow you found this place and create a thread to question your VPS and the provider. Perhaps, you should have spent the same amount of time questioning and researching your provider before ordering their service.

I wish you well!.
    Yes,I'm a new to VPS.I've been viewing WHT for two months.If no questions,I couldn't join it,just view.

A waste of time?Funny!Since join it,I must share my view with all WHT's friends,whether nice or not.BBB will give the answer later.Money?not only money!Maybe honesty is more important.Just I give the more vps user view.

First,Linux15 vps plan just shows the momery's capability is 256MB,I think it's a misleading since I found the gaurantee RAM is 128MB.Second,I gave the cancellation and refund after found some of unhonest talk.

About the Linux15 vps,as follows:
    The invoice date is 08,Oct,2009
    Unmanaged
    VPS Control Panel(hypervm)
    I've been a domain with others.

First,I suspected that the OS has some wrong with kloxo and gave a ticket.The staff Tomer reply he will reinstall it again.

Second,I gave a onlinechat,reloaded Os myself after I got the right usename and pw.But there's no infomations about vps on control panel after reload.Then I gave another onlinechat for this.For a long time,the staff told me some wrong with the origanl 380 server and they have changed the server.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast