Paypal subscription question

Let's say you have Paypal set up as one of your payment options in, let's say, WHMCS for subscription payments. So a visitor goes through the order form on your site, selects Paypal, and ends up on the PP login page. They login and pay, so it's done. However, on the login page, let's say they click the link to pay by credit card instead. Will that still enable a monthly subscription payment?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Yes, The subscription will first draw on the paypal balance and if there is no money in the account then the users credit card will be charged.
    HostREA.com
    kirk[@]hostrea.com
    Shared / Reseller cPanel Web Hosting
    WHMCS Templates -Ready to go instant downloads.

No, that is not what I'm asking. You are assuming the customer has a PP account set up. I'm referring to someone who does not have a PP account, but pays via the cc link on the PP login page.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Yes,
    next month, if your client won't have money anymore on his credit card, PayPal will fail to withdraw the money, you will get a message about this and PayPal will try again in few days( i think in 2 days ).You can contact your client to tell him about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    No, that is not what I'm asking. You are assuming the customer has a PP account set up. I'm referring to someone who does not have a PP account, but pays via the cc link on the PP login page.

Vito

I see. I don't think it is possible to create a subscription on just a credit card payment without a paypal account. I think to do this you would need to subscribe to the paypal website payment pro. This way you would be able to store cc numbers. Check out this link: http://developer.paypal-portal.com/p...ssage.id=42653
    HostREA.com
    kirk[@]hostrea.com
    Shared / Reseller cPanel Web Hosting
    WHMCS Templates -Ready to go instant downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by KmacK View Post
    I see. I don't think it is possible to create a subscription on just a credit card payment without a paypal account. I think to do this you would need to subscribe to the paypal website payment pro. This way you would be able to store cc numbers. Check out this link: http://developer.paypal-portal.com/p...ssage.id=42653
    Thanks KmacK. To be certain, I decided to give PP a call. Heh, they really should train their staff a bit better. The agent initially told me that cc payments would also work fine with my account. I then queried further telling him that I was told I needed Website Payment Pro for it to work. He then said "Oh yeah, you need to upgrade to the Pro account". So if I didn't press further, he would have given me wrong information.

Vito