Hosting Windows Based Application

Hi,

We have a Windows based application (Win32 app) that we want to host through a browser.

I can't find much information on the web, however I came across these guys who seem to do what I need: http://www.eserver.com/services/application_hosting.asp

Does anyone know what technology they use to host Windows applications? And can it be used on a Mac or Linux? Does anyone know of anyone else who does this type of thing?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers,

Andy

If you want to host a Win32 application, I'd recommend you to consider a VPS solution since you will not be able to host this in a shared environment (no web host will allow this). Also, what is your budget for this requirement?
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Do you have your own dedicated server? or looking to rent off another company?

If your application is web based ASP or ASP.Net application any windows host will work. If its a desktop software (VB or something like that) shared hosting is out of question.

Windows based application won't run on Linux/Mac.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

At the moment I don't have a dedicated Windows server (I have a Linux server that hosts my MySQL DB that the app connects to). Budget is not really a major issue. My biggest issue is that I need the application to run in browser on other operating systems so Mac and Linux users have access.

It's not an ASP or ASP.net app, it's a Win32 desktop application written in Delphi.

And that one is working on your linux server?

Quote Originally Posted by andy2400 View Post
    At the moment I don't have a dedicated Windows server (I have a Linux server that hosts my MySQL DB that the app connects to). Budget is not really a major issue. My biggest issue is that I need the application to run in browser on other operating systems so Mac and Linux users have access.

It's not an ASP or ASP.net app, it's a Win32 desktop application written in Delphi.
    You can't serve a Win32 application to the browser. It sounds like you need to convert the app to .Net or PHP. By converting it, you can ensure it runs on all systems. You just need to pick web langugage and start converting.
    Jerel Byrd
    HostingTulsa.com

I've actually been wondering about the possibilities of running a site using both IIS and Apache servers. I'm going to make a separate post about it.