* wat I need for Colocation?

Well I know I'll need cash (I have the cash already)

but what else?

I brought a 1U antec case, throw an tiger mpx in, 1 gig ram, One Athlon XP 2200+ right now(might go with 2 later), Harddrive everything setup and installed RC1 of Win.net

So If I'm going to Colo I will need the bring the server of course, do I need to bring a Keyboard, mouse, perhaps a montior ????

If I don't have those do Colo center provide them just for me to configure my server and I'll just leave it there.

Thanks!
    Colo Newbie here

Most providers have a keyboard/monitor/mouse avail for customer use 24/7. You may want to burn copys of the OS you installed and leave it with the provider in the event you need something restored/reinstalled.

if you want to upgrade for 2, you will have to replace the xp chip with 2 MP chips
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

Most importantly, experience to admin the server. IF you don't have the experience, then hire someone who does.

Kind of a side note, but what is the accepted policy for physical access to your server? I notice some places have an extra charge for 24/7 access, but is there a general policy that most places use or is it truly dependant on the company?

zerphyte, I read your post ealier, 60 bucks per meg for 5 Mbps right?

I leave a PM to you, and looks like you didn't read it.

Well I just want to know where's your data center located.

Check PM, feel free to reply me.

I just Send the Email out, Thanks for helping.

Re: wat I need for Colocation?

Originally posted by GPS-Chickon
    Well I know I'll need cash (I have the cash already)

but what else?

I brought a 1U antec case, throw an tiger mpx in, 1 gig ram, One Athlon XP 2200+ right now(might go with 2 later), Harddrive everything setup and installed RC1 of Win.net

So If I'm going to Colo I will need the bring the server of course, do I need to bring a Keyboard, mouse, perhaps a montior ????

If I don't have those do Colo center provide them just for me to configure my server and I'll just leave it there.

Thanks!
    Colo Newbie here
    the rc1 beta right now is only good for a year so you'd have to go in and reinstall it in 1 years time which could be a problem.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I know

I'm still beta testing it, I know I have to go back there someday, take the server back home, install the OS again, Go back and put it back in

Now I'm thinking 1u or 2u...looks like 2u is more flexible and got alot more upgrade options.