asp will not execute on anything other then Default Site

Active Server Pages will execute on the "Default Web Site" but when I create a new site they will not. When hitting index.asp for instance I get a "The page cannot be displayed" but when I put that same page in the Default Web Site and hit it then it shows right up.

I am doing nothing inside the index.asp other then outputting some HTML to the browser. Just a simple test page.

Any ideas?
    Stupid, but trying.

Melbourne, Australia.
    I can't think of any reason this would happen in a 'default' setup of IIS.
    But it's possible that the Application Mapping for .asp has been removed/disabled for websites other than the Default.
    Just check that asp.dll is still associated with the .asp extension (Website Properties, Home Directory, Configuration, App Mappings).
    And if for some reason it had been removed, you may like to add it back to the Master Properties.

There are a number of 'iss security' tools that may also cause the problem, but I don't think they would differentiate between the Default site and the other sites. - Quost WebHosting - Mythellaneous - A shop selling a Collection of Mythical Creatures and Spooks.

Does a regular HTML file work? If not then it is a permission problem.