Thumbs down Dotable - 4 years Exp

Hello Everyone,

I have been with Dotable for nearly 4 years now. I am just sick and tired of UK2 take over. This is my SECOND time, the company who originally was hosting my reseller account was bought out by UK2. I was with MidPhase (resellers) for nearly 2.75 years till UK2 took over and it became a dramatic outrage.

First- they require customers to subscribe to the forums to hear about server announcements. Why can't they just email you like a normal company?

Second- different levels of support techs- you have to ask your question three times till it is forwarded to a senior level tech.

Third- they continously "upgrade" / "migrate" servers, which causes down-time.

UK2 just tampers with the servers way too much- I have lost customers during both ownership takes overs MidPhase/Dotable because of downtime.

Stay away from UK2 Dotable. Go to aussiehost.com the true individual who built the great business: Dotable. The only experience you will receive from UK2 is downtime for tampering with the servers.

UK2 YOU SUCK!
    MemoryDealers.com - we have the largest selection of new & used OEM and custom transceivers, hardware, and cisco memory.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with them. Hopefully you'll be able to find a better and much more reliable provider.

Sorry to hear that the change wasn't for the better.

Exactly how much downtime did you encounter since UK2 moved at the helm?

Did they credit you for the downtime?
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

They did not credit my downtime. I am leaving. Going to HTTPme
    MemoryDealers.com - we have the largest selection of new & used OEM and custom transceivers, hardware, and cisco memory.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickarmen View Post
    Excellent choice and you won't regret it. Steven of InsiderHosting/BlueWho/HTTPme runs a tight ship
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

It's a shame to see company's experience problems after changeovers. I've been with a few hosts that got taken over and each time the new company has been poor. Good luck with your new host and I hope to see a positive review

Good choice. www.httpme.com is a solid reseller provider (and also vps and true fully managed dedicated servers) who have been around for many years, and have a very good reputation.

When I think of HTTPme, I think they are the "premium" reseller provider in this market space. You truly get what you pay for, with them, (and often more).
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

sorry to hear that, hope you will find good reseller provider

Angry

UPDATE: 1/2/2010
    ================================================
    I thought I would give them another shot, last outage was on Oct 07, again today we had another outage for almost 8 hours - I am done, its a new year and its time to start fresh

I am going with httpme.com - I am ready to ride on another ship that AussieBob referred me to. It is just a shame that UK2 screws up every great company it acquires. I loved being hosted by midPhase till UK2 took over and outages started and slow support was golden.

We go down again, no notice from Dotable and they wont event respond on the forum. They love to fly under the radar till their clients raise their voice...

http://dotable.com/dotable-support-f...-hour-now.html

I am going with httpme.com - I am ready to ride on another ship that AussieBob referred me to.
    That's a good decision. HTTPme is an excellent hosting provider.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

UPDATE: 1/2/2010
    I thought I would give them another shot, last outage was on Oct 07, again today we had another outage for almost 8 hours - I am done, its a new year and its time to start fresh

I am going with httpme.com - I am ready to ride on another ship that AussieBob referred me to. It is just a shame that UK2 screws up every great company it acquires. I loved being hosted by midPhase till UK2 took over and outages started and slow support was golden.

We go down again, no notice from Dotable and they wont event respond on the forum. They love to fly under the radar till their clients raise their voice...

http://dotable.com/dotable-support-f...-hour-now.html
    I'm curious, why didn't you jump ship 2 months ago when you originally posted this?

HTTPme.com is the cream of the crop when it comes to reseller hosting.

Here is a link of another member (OddChoice) addresses one of my issues:
    Failing to inform customers of problems/outages - NO COMUNICATION

http://dotable.com/dotable-suggestio...html#post18408

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    I'm curious, why didn't you jump ship 2 months ago when you originally posted this?

HTTPme.com is the cream of the crop when it comes to reseller hosting.
    To be honest, I was afraid of loosing customers during the switch. Secondly, I was stupid for giving them another change.

Everything happens for a reason, this time, it happened on New Years, and I am tired of this crap-- contacted HttpMe and the transfer process took couples hours and it went smooth.

Just my luck, been with two great hosting providers (midPhase and Dotable) till UK2 takes over and everything goes down the drain.

Everything happens for a reason, this time, it happened on New Years, and I am tired of this crap-- contacted HttpMe and the transfer process took couples hours and it went smooth.
    Congratulations and welcome to the HTTPme.com family, don't forget to register on the forums

Joining the board! it seems to be a large and active community