Unhappy need HELP urgently: my server is reclaimed

All my sites are lost after I went to holiday and din't get a chance to check on mail. (problem with my CC payment)

Now all the sites are lost. I wonder if there is any CACHE site where I can check my sites? (some of them are too new and hence is not appearing on the wayback machine.)

thanks
    toby
    Chad Michael Murray >> House of Wax

Quote Originally Posted by toby27 View Post
    All my sites are lost after I went to holiday and din't get a chance to check on mail. (problem with my CC payment)

Now all the sites are lost. I wonder if there is any CACHE site where I can check my sites? (some of them are too new and hence is not appearing on the wayback machine.)

thanks
    toby
    Was this a dedicated server? hosting account? The first thing I would do is check with your provider, if these sites were stored on a shared hosting account, there may still be backups available.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

it's too late for me already. It was around 8 days after the scheduled payment. The dedicated box is totally reclaimed and I got no way to get it back.

Now, the only hope is to see site provided service similar to the wayback machine.

google cache ?

Other as that i give you very little chance to retrieve anything; unless you made backups but from the sound of it; you do not have this either.

yes, i tried google cache, but it does not show the whole site (only the front page).

any others, guys??

You might be able to get some data back by trying undelete files on the local machine. Unless you created the site entirely on the server...

When you say "totally reclaimed", I assume that you got confirmation it's already in use by another customer? There may be a very small chance it's not reformatted yet...

Sorry that you had to learn the hard way about making backups
    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Depending on the nature of your site, it's always possible that someone somewhere has grabbed a full copy of it. If you put up a plea + reward offer, you could get lucky.

That's very unfortunate

But as said before, probably a good reason to have backups!

Or at least check on the payments regularly.

How long were you on vacation? Several hosts will just suspend your dedicated for a month before they re-purpose it(this wouldn't be in their TOS). It makes more financial sense to do that because then you can keep customers.

We have a policy of removing the hard drives, since a failure to pay just means suspension of service. What is your current provider's policy? Was it really just eight days total? This seems like a very short time to have already resold and reformatted your machine.
    AS46176SavvisAbovenetnLayerMzimaOneringLevel3CogentTelia Fully Route Optimized
    DC#1 55 Marietta St. Atlanta GA | DC#2 34 Peachtree St. Atlanta GA | DC#3 PhoenixNAP Phoenix AZ
    Follow us on twitter @SoutheastWeb or visit our website

Check out the waybackmachine internet archive. Search for it on google. I have used it before when I needed something from way back

Wow im sorry. 8 days and they already wiped the drives? I understand if its disconnected but probably they did not wiped the drivers yet. Call them and ask them. They may help you out.

Scott - HyperBIG.com
    Unmetered Bandwidth Dedicated Servers USA Budget Dedicated Hosting ♦ ♦ 1Gbps Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by blazenetworks View Post

What a great resource , its kind of cool to go back and look at the changes to your site over the years. Thanks for that
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

WBM is pretty impressive; they must use up a lot of resources simply for storage alone.

Any luck yet with contacting the host? Keep us updated!
    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have to agree that 8 days is a little quick to reformat drives. Check their TOS as most companies will give you at least 15 - 30 days.

This is very unfortunate, but you should always keep backups in the first place.
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting