PhotonVPS – 2 months review

Hi,

I just found a good place here to give my review about PhotonVPS, a fairly new company that is into VPS selling.

I have a 512MB Level 1 (BEAM 1) VPS with them and is going smooth from past two months.

In brief, I had a nice experience with them including their VPS performance and customer support. I had a few issues with my VPS in the beginning including a series of DDOS attacks to their network. I faced the network issues with DDOS 4-5 times within a period of 3-4 days. But I believe they managed the things well and made everything clean within a week’s time.

Customer Support:
    I had received most of my support queries answered within half an hour. Their Level 1 support team is always ready to help you and had experienced with some confusing chat answers too, which later rectified by Level 2 team. Anyways, I am happy with them and the answering delay is also fine for me.

VPS Specs:
    Simply great, their VPS configuration is excellent especially for rates as low as 10 $ / month. I had another Europe based VPS hosting which worked great for me. They too were offering 512 MB but with a different spec. The major differences in config-specs I noticed were their resource allocation plans in Open VZ.

992 MB Allocation Barrier [privvmpages barrier] out of 1GB burst (Most of the providers will set the barrier as equal as guaranteed RAM. You will never ever come to know until first time gets into the VPS)
    395 MB Memory Guarantee [oomguarpages barrier] out of 512 MB guaranteed. (Sounds good, you have 395 MB guaranteed at any situation. I had only 100MB guaranteed with my Europe hosting provider)
    6672756 (tcpsndbuf & tcprcvbuf barrier), 496 (numiptent barrier) (Enough big TCP SEND/ RECEIVE buffer and 496 iptables entries. Its cool and rarely gets on basic plans)

Network:
    Good. Its un-metered 100Mbps connectivity at your physical node. Find their connectivity diagram here http: //www .robtex.com/as/as40676.html#graph
    It is faster and I got 10 Megabytes / Sec transfer rate to my different UK and US destinations. Still you can see fluctuations, and obviously I won’t say it’s the best but good, I like it.

So now, the VPS is running cool and I got 100.00% uptime in last 28 days. (I have my own monitoring tools probing every minute at least from more than two geo locations)

mmn357157

Why do all these "reviews" about photonVPS come from accounts with very little/no posts ?
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net

Your domain wouldn't happen to be photonvps.com would it?
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

I smell a promoter here ;p

Hehe.. well, at least he made a very long and very very detailed review.lol But whether photonvps is good or not, only time can tell..

Quote Originally Posted by reiteration View Post
    Why do all these "reviews" about photonVPS come from accounts with very little/no posts ?
    Can't that be just a customer which want to share his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Madiou View Post
    Can't that be just a customer which want to share his experience.
    The reason it sticks out is photonvps has had a few bad reviews recently.
    Then all of a sudden a couple of positive reviews from new accounts and zero posts appear.
    www.clustered.net

Hi,

There is no point getting iterated again and again. Let’s call a break here.

Still I believe this was a “good” place to give my review.
    Also, I hope, at least this was helpful for some people who specifically looking for a decent configuration.

Thanks again and more doubts welcome!

What domain do you host on their network then?
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Currently I have three websites running from there.

findlinuxhelp.com
    tutorials2learn.com
    forum .tutorials2learn.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmn357157 View Post
    Hi,

There is no point getting iterated again and again. Let’s call a break here.

Still I believe this was a “good” place to give my review.
    Also, I hope, at least this was helpful for some people who specifically looking for a decent configuration.

Thanks again and more doubts welcome!
    This paragraph make me even more sceptical.
    www.clustered.net

This is one of our client's review which I have just verify he is. Although due to privacy concerns I will not be able to release his information. Not all clients are active WHT member. You cant expect all your clientele base to be constantly posting on WHT. There are MANY readers out there that becomes customers but they will not always actively post unless they are very satisfied or dissatisfied.

We have a little over one thousand VPS's and given our ability to keep most VPS user happy I say we have done well on our part.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)