Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man kills intruder with gun

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33251920...life?GT1=43001

I am just waiting for him to stand side by side with the NRA saying he did nothing wrong and he would do it again because it is his right and will never give up his guns.

Its not the first time the NRA has taken advantage of someone old.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Accidents are going to happen, the NRA has nothing to do with accidental shootings. Surefire and Streamlight sell a lot of weapon lights for a reason.

Maybe its a well thought out defense to knock her off. Either way, was not the guns fault or the NRA (and I am not exactly a fan or enemy for them)

My condolences to all those involved. A tragic accident, that intrigues.
    Machen N. Mathews - Coinhost.io - Founder
    Cloud - Web & Dedicated Server Hosting - Bitcoin Affiliate Program
    Cryptocurrency Accepted, Privacy Respected. @hostcoin - 720.515.1505

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33251920...life?GT1=43001

I am just waiting for him to stand side by side with the NRA saying he did nothing wrong and he would do it again because it is his right and will never give up his guns.

Its not the first time the NRA has taken advantage of someone old.
    Whats that suppose to mean? Are people blaming General motors when they have a car accident?

Guns don't kill. People do. I can kill someone with a pencil for that matter. If there where no guns in the world people would kill each other with sticks.

This was an accident. I do agree some people should not have guns, some don't even know how to use one. Its exactly those people that know anything about weapons that shot them selfs or others in accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by PYDOT View Post
    Whats that suppose to mean? Are people blaming General motors when they have a car accident?

Guns don't kill. People do. I can kill someone with a pencil for that matter. If there where no guns in the world people would kill each other with sticks.

This was an accident. I do agree some people should not have guns, some don't even know how to use one. Its exactly those people that know anything about weapons that shot them selfs or others in accidents.
    You mean if he did't have a gun, he would've stab his fiancee in the chest with a knife or pencil by accident?

By the way, he needs to be charged with manslaughter at the very least.

May be it was intentional, or might be an accident.

Tell me onething, how will we know about it untill he tell himself.

Ans why will he tell himself..

This was not an accident it was negligence.

People need to understand the difference between the two because the word "accident" is very much overused and misused.

He should have verified that his fiancee was actually there in bed before doing anything because obviously it could have just been her walking around and it turned out to be that way unfortunately.

That's one of the cons of having others live in your place when owning a firearm. You can't just go around shooting shadows unless you are living alone or have verified that everyone is in their beds.

Having a light on your gun is generally a bad idea unless you live alone because to light the necessary shadowed area you would have to actually point the firearm in that direction and I doubt you want to be pointing your gun at one of your own family members.

Having your gun in one hand and a separate light in the other is the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hycloud View Post
    You mean if he did't have a gun, he would've stab his fiancee in the chest with a knife or pencil by accident?
    Exactly. Stupid people make stupid things.

Did you know you can kill someone with a credit card? Just break the plastic and you have one of the most sharpen weapons that can cut anything from side to side, even a throat...

I know where you go with this. Its allot easier to pull the trigger right? Thats why I said not everyone should have weapons.

By that sentence, the president of the US has a red bottom to nuke us all...

Imagine someone else with that button.

This was an accident probably, im just not sure of what he was so afraid of that he fired at the first thing he saw, and you should never point anything you don't know what it is.

First identify, second point, third make decision. If you are pointing without even making a decision, then all it takes is someone to scare you to pull the trigger by a body reaction. Thats why you NEVER put the finger on the trigger. Most people see movies where they do this exactly wrong, and don't have a clue about this, the finger never, ever goes on the trigger, not even when pointing, it only goes there for firing.

Its about education. Instead of just saying guns are evil, why don't educate people instead. To blame here the gun is just nonsense. Its someone that made a mistake and he is going to pay for it. Who knows if this was an accident anyway...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dedicated_pistol.JPG  
    Last edited by PYDOT; 10-11-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Exactly. Stupid people make stupid things.

Did you know you can kill someone with a credit card? Just break the plastic and you have one of the most sharpen weapons that can cut anything from side to side, even a throat...
    Without a gun, the 62 year old man might accidentally killed his fiancé with a credit card?

Very imaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by geedeedee View Post

People need to understand the difference between the two because the word "accident" is very much overused and misused.

He should have verified that his fiancee was actually there in bed before doing anything because obviously it could have just been her walking around and it turned out to be that way unfortunately.

That's one of the cons of having others live in your place when owning a firearm. You can't just go around shooting shadows unless you are living alone or have verified that everyone is in their beds.

Having a light on your gun is generally a bad idea unless you live alone because to light the necessary shadowed area you would have to actually point the firearm in that direction and I doubt you want to be pointing your gun at one of your own family members.

Having your gun in one hand and a separate light in the other is the best way to do it.

That's why I said he needs to be charge with at least manslaughter.

It's his live-in fiancé. He shoots her because he thought she was an intruder? WTF?

I hope he doesn't have any kids, they would've all been shot dead.

Without a gun, the 62 year old man might accidentally killed his fiancé with a credit card?

Very imaginative.
    Actually not. Thats something you learn in the CIA (cant remember the film right now)

Actually not. Thats something you learn in the CIA (cant remember the film right now)
    Why would I need a credit card when I can kill someone with my hands?

If you are making the credit card can kill argument, maybe we should ban credit cards from airplanes?

Either that or we allow guns on airplanes to defend against terrorists with credit cards.

By the way, he needs to be charged with manslaughter at the very least.
    Really?

It honestly does sound like a horrific accident.

Keep in mind he thought she was in bed beside him the entire time...

Odd story, indeed. Tragic more than anything though.

Why would I need a credit card when I can kill someone with my hands?

If you are making the credit card can kill argument, maybe we should ban credit cards from airplanes?

Either that or we allow guns on airplanes to defend against terrorists with credit cards.
    Thats is actually a good idea. I'm sure credit cards killed allot of people before. I wonder how many of us have a credit card debts right now.

Guns on planes? Why not. Ambulances had guns before in some countries as they where public services.

If you ask me we should bomb headquarters of spam operations. That should be a real surprise for them. We are always fighting spammers with the same tools, technology, computers, networks, etc. They would never expect a gift coming from the sky. How much money has spam cost the world already....sure less then a few fatmans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    Really?

It honestly does sound like a horrific accident.

Keep in mind he thought she was in bed beside him the entire time...

Odd story, indeed. Tragic more than anything though.

Yes. It's manslaughter for negligence at least. Worst, it's murder he plan on killing the fiancé on purpose.

You have a life-in fiancé who sleeps with you in bed. The first thing you do when you hear a sound is to grab your gun and shot at the first thing that is moving?

Come on now.

Owning a gun is a big responsibility. You don't just shoot at anything that is moving just because you think it's an intruder especially when you have others living with you, whether it's your wife, your fiancé, your parents, or your kids.

Killing someone on purpose is murder.
    Killing someone by accident due to negligence is manslaughter.
    Last edited by hycloud; 10-11-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Reminds me of this thread about an intruder and what to do.

I said make sure it's not a 12 year old girl runaway, looking for food and clothes.

As for pro-gun owners? They say shoot first, then call 911.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...t=intruder+gun

I think the thread is about 9 months old and the response is all out of order, because of the "database hack" a few months back.

Reminds me of this thread about an intruder and what to do.

I said make sure it's not a 12 year old girl runaway, looking for food and clothes.

As for pro-gun owners? They say shoot first, then call 911.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...t=intruder+gun

I think the thread is about 9 months old and the response is all out of order, because of the "database hack" a few months back.
    I don't imagine most people breaking into occupied homes are 12 year old females, it would be rather difficult for a young girl to physically break in.

Quote Originally Posted by geedeedee View Post

+1

Yes. It's manslaughter for negligence at least. Worst, it's murder he plan on killing the fiancé on purpose.

You have a life-in fiancé who sleeps with you in bed. The first thing you do when you hear a sound is to grab your gun and shot at the first thing that is moving?

Come on now.

Owning a gun is a big responsibility. You don't just shoot at anything that is moving just because you think it's an intruder especially when you have others living with you, whether it's your wife, your fiancé, your parents, or your kids.

Killing someone on purpose is murder.
    Killing someone by accident due to negligence is manslaughter.
    Fair enough.

All I know is if I was shot dead by my wife, by accident, I don't want to see her in jail. That's two lives ruined completely instead of one.

glimmer man with waynes and steven sigal(sp?), one of his last somewhat decent movies...

How about an intelligence test to own a gun? Oh yea, no one will stand for that because its in the constitution.

But lets think of this another way. Lets say this WAS a robbery. And he shot but missed the intruder(assuming the intruder would acutally be on the offensive unlike a fiance in her own shared house). And if that intruder had a gun and got shot at, what would his response be?

Oh another note, if you want another interesting gun story happening long ago when it was an intruder. On holloween near a campus a FE student went to the wrong house dressed as john travolta in SNF. He was Japanese. The elderly man watching tv with his wife answered the door gun in hand, saw the startled kid(because he realized he was at the wrong house) and was shot dead. The guy got off.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    Oh another note, if you want another interesting gun story happening long ago when it was an intruder. On holloween near a campus a FE student went to the wrong house dressed as john travolta in SNF. He was Japanese. The elderly man watching tv with his wife answered the door gun in hand, saw the startled kid(because he realized he was at the wrong house) and was shot dead. The guy got off.
    There's more to that story, the Japanese man did not speak English. The homeowner previously had issues with local thugs. The homeowner commanded the Japanese man multiple times to go away but he continued approaching the home owner.

Did he have a life insurance policy on her.

Very imaginative.
    roflmao...man says to fiance "American Express" she replies "That'll do nicely"

slash slash slash

I'm thinking there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. I'm thinking it was pre meditated. Maybe she'd called off the wedding.

I'm curious as to the outcome of the investigation. i.e....did he buy catridges for the gun lately....and how far away his fiance actually was from him before he open fired....and why didn't he switch any lights on to get a better aim or to see who it actually was.... etc

Seems strange that if he thought she was lying in bed beside him, then how didn't he notice the bed empty when climbing out....if she was lying beside him, then he'd have noticed. Maybe it was a bed the size of a football field.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 10-11-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast