My website randomly goes offline for some ISP's??

Switched my website to a VPS about 4-5 days ago, and for some reason some ISP's still say it doesn't work when you try to go to it. My ISP does this, I have to use alternative DNS servers to make my website work. Is there a cause for this? Does it have anything to do with the web host I am with?

DNS Propagation, although 4~5 days is pretty extreme.

What is the domain so that we can run a DNS check and see if there are any issues?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

majorleagueservers.com

what do you use to run a DNS check?

you can also try using this DNS tool

www.dnsreport.com
    www.dnsstuff.com
    www.intodns.com
    and see if it brings any errors.

Try installing www.opendns.com on your home computer or router. If it doesn't work after that then you are having some other issues which may be server side.
    Looking For Inexpensive Design solutions?
    Professional work?
    Short on time? Well, then it's about time to try-
    DLJohnston-Amoung the best prices on the market.

there is something wrong with your private nameservers ( ns1.mlshost.net and ns1.mlshost.net). The problems can be (1)either its not registered at enom or (2)you haven't duplicated your nameserver's A record in DNS servers.

Quote Originally Posted by fabin View Post
    there is something wrong with your private nameservers ( ns1.mlshost.net and ns1.mlshost.net). The problems can be (1)either its not registered at enom or (2)you haven't duplicated your nameserver's A record in DNS servers.
    I registered the nameservers with namecheap which is who I buy my domains from, so that shouldn't be the problem unless it's taking an extremely long time to update/register.

However, I didn't setup an A Record in my dns settings for the name servers. So I went to my web control panel for my nameserver domain which is mlshost.net and setup A Records for ns1.mlshost.net and ns2.mlshost.net which point to the VPS Server's IP address. I believe that is what you were saying to do, I'll see if that resolved the issue.

I don't think nameservers is the problem, as he said that some people can access it, just some places such as himself cant.
    Looking For Inexpensive Design solutions?
    Professional work?
    Short on time? Well, then it's about time to try-
    DLJohnston-Amoung the best prices on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by mrserverguy View Post
    I registered the nameservers with namecheap which is who I buy my domains from, so that shouldn't be the problem unless it's taking an extremely long time to update/register.

However, I didn't setup an A Record in my dns settings for the name servers. So I went to my web control panel for my nameserver domain which is mlshost.net and setup A Records for ns1.mlshost.net and ns2.mlshost.net which point to the VPS Server's IP address. I believe that is what you were saying to do, I'll see if that resolved the issue.
    As far as I can see there is no A record for the name servers you are using i.e.
    ns1.mlshost.net
    ns2.mlshost.net

Edit the DNS zone file of the domain mlshost.net and the A records for the name servers as

ns1 IN A 208.53.145.2
    ns2 IN A 208.53.145.2

restart the named service. The missing A records of the name servers is also a reason why domain's don't work from some ISPs.
    | LinuxHostingSupport.net
    | Server Setup | Security | Optimization | Troubleshooting | Server Migration
    | Monthly and Task basis services.
    | MSN : madaboutlinux[at]hotmail.com | Skype : madaboutlinux

Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlinux View Post
    As far as I can see there is no A record for the name servers you are using i.e.
    ns1.mlshost.net
    ns2.mlshost.net

Edit the DNS zone file of the domain mlshost.net and the A records for the name servers as

ns1 IN A 208.53.145.2
    ns2 IN A 208.53.145.2

restart the named service. The missing A records of the name servers is also a reason why domain's don't work from some ISPs.
    I just set the A Records for ns1 and ns2 mlshost.net, it will take a little while for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by mrserverguy View Post
    I just set the A Records for ns1 and ns2 mlshost.net, it will take a little while for it to work.
    2 to 72 hours to be more specific.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

if you are going to use other people's dns servers and actually use it as your own NS i.e. ns1.mydomain.com, ns2.mydomain.com (from ns1.ispdomain.com ns2.ispdomain.com)

it would help if you create glue records on your registrar what the IP for those ns servers ..i just dig'ed your domain and i stop recursively checking the IP of the NS after the 4th domain ..imagine all the recursive checks a host have to do to find the IP of NS servers