Question Web developer into webhosting

Hi all:

I am a web developer and I am new to webhosting area, I want lot of help from this community, I hope I will get the required details.

I have a website which contains only static pages, I need to find out a webhost who can provide me a cheap as well as good stable hosting.

My requirnmment is very simply, I hope you people can understand.

Thanks
    Abey

Hello, since you do not have any specific requirements you should consider a cpanel shared host. This will simplify managing your website.

I would recommend searching in the shared hosting offers section:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER

This is like posting a question on a car forum, "Which car should I buy?" and providing no further details. There are hundreds of different cars in thousands of different configurations at prices ranging from the Tata to a Rolls Royce.

1) What is your budget? Please specify currency and if it's monthly or yearly.

2) How much disk space and bandwidth do you need?

3) I'm assuming Linux web hosting? Or do you need Windows web hosting?

4) Do you need a control panel? If you do, do you have a preference between cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, H Sphere, etc.?

5) Does server location matter to you? If it does which city/country would you prefer?

6) Last but not least do you require phone support?

What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

There is so much competition and variety in this industry, which makes answering your question without being given further details very difficult.

Hello Abey
    I assume your friend which is web designer is interested in the reseller account?
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Ohh..So you are a developer.Great:-). I think any web hosting company can full fill your requirement, also if you are developing your website in asp.net it is better to go for a windows hosting. Also my suggestion is to try a new host(but make sure that they provide good techincal support), I can understand that you are having static page website and all will be able to provide that. Many new hosting companies are there and all are providing good hosting support(healthy competition), you can find it from here or from google.. Best if luck

@Grand Nagus

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    This is like posting a question on a car forum, "Which car should I buy?" and providing no further details. There are hundreds of different cars in thousands of different configurations at prices ranging from the Tata to a Rolls Royce.

1) What is your budget? Please specify currency and if it's monthly or yearly.

2) How much disk space and bandwidth do you need?

3) I'm assuming Linux web hosting? Or do you need Windows web hosting?

4) Do you need a control panel? If you do, do you have a preference between cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, H Sphere, etc.?

5) Does server location matter to you? If it does which city/country would you prefer?

6) Last but not least do you require phone support?

My Budget is around $2-$3 per month and I want disk space around 250 GB.. Currently i do not know how much bandwidth I required any way as my assumption I need Bandwidth around 3-4 GB. obviously I need windows based hosting service
    I preffer INDIA as my webhositng company location because I may try Phone support option with them .

@Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Joyce View Post
    Ohh..So you are a developer.Great:-). I think any web hosting company can full fill your requirement, also if you are developing your website in asp.net it is better to go for a windows hosting. Also my suggestion is to try a new host(but make sure that they provide good techincal support), I can understand that you are having static page website and all will be able to provide that. Many new hosting companies are there and all are providing good hosting support(healthy competition), you can find it from here or from google.. Best if luck
    Thanks you very much for your suggestion, I am developing website in asp.net and Php.

As you people suggested I am searching a hosting company in "shared hosting offers section" and I am searching in google also..

My Budget is around $2-$3 per month and I want disk space around 250 GB..
    Your budget is very small even for shared hosting, yet that kind of space requirement suggests a need for a dedicated server. If you meant 250mb though, your shared hosting options should be numerous enough.

All of the above can meet your needs.
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Your budget is very small even for shared hosting, yet that kind of space requirement suggests a need for a dedicated server. If you meant 250mb though, your shared hosting options should be numerous enough.
    I agree with Dan.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Thumbs up

Hello:

I found out an hosting company which satisfies my requirnments. I will tell my review about the company after a short time gap.

I guess it is a new company the reviews are not available in the forum.

Thanks
    Abey.

That is interesting. First off, how you found this new company? I webhostin talk covers most of the hosts. Anyways, since you already found one, I guess there is no further discussions required I guess. But I would have also suggested you to try some of those zillions of "free webhosts".
    Would you mind telling us which is the host you ultimately chose?

@Chris David

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDavid View Post
    That is interesting. First off, how you found this new company? I webhostin talk covers most of the hosts. Anyways, since you already found one, I guess there is no further discussions required I guess. But I would have also suggested you to try some of those zillions of "free webhosts".
    Would you mind telling us which is the host you ultimately chose?
    I was searching for a company which satisfies my needs in webhosting forums and in google and i got 24bar7 host.com as my hosting company.

Ya I found many free webhosts the disadvantage is most of them will not give support.

I will post my reviews with in a short span of time...

Thank you
    Abey

All that I can say that you need shared hosting package to host your website.