Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the information i though our servers are down.

We are also affected from the same range. Not good second time within a month.

This is seriously getting old.

72.233.x.x is also down

I think entire LT is down

Please, LT, make an announcement, i've got phone calls from customers and need to give them information

http://www.ltstatus.com/ is down, https://pentagon.layeredtech.com/ is down, and my host's website http://www.servstra.com/ is down. Layered Tech support goes to an answering machine. I'm going to try to get through to "Enterprise Sales" or something and maybe talk to a human being.

Toll Free: 1-866-584-6784
    Phone: (972) 398-7000

All my servers at DB are up now. According to uptime stats there was no power loss, only network outage...

Back up for me... 2 hours and no way to contact LT support. Awful.

its up now. Thanks LT

I'm back online.

http://www.ltstatus.com/ is back up, but with no details regarding this outage. And even if it did, it doesn't do any good if..

A.) I don't check the website every few hours every single day to see if there is an outage coming.
    B.) I can't check it during an outage.

They need to send an e-mail to all customers notifying them of planned outages. And unplanned outages should be so few and far between that they go un-noticed. And the ones that are neccessary should be a few minutes long at most.
    Last edited by gamefreak13; 10-10-2009 at 02:10 AM.

My gosh it is up just in time.

One of my clients is a restaurant delivery service, open at 5pm every evening (Australia). Connectivity was restored at about 4:59pm!

VERY close call. They hadn't even noticed. Just like last time, but they noticed then!

Yes it is indeed a network outage.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak13 View Post
    I'm back online.

http://www.ltstatus.com/ is back up, but with no details regarding this outage. And even if it did, it doesn't do any good if..

A.) I don't check the website every few hours every single day to see if there is an outage coming.
    B.) I can't check it during an outage.

They need to send an e-mail to all customers notifying them of planned outages. And unplanned outages should be so few and far between that they go un-noticed. And the ones that are neccessary should be a few minutes long at most.
    A. That's why many people use third party monitoring services.

B. That's why a few hosts use failover dns and keep a second presence outside of their own facilities.

Official response to support ticket

Data Bank (Dallas) network services were impacted as a result of scheduled maintenance of our inter-dc connectivity (http ://ltstatus.com/index.php/2009/10/05/abovenet-network-services-maintenance-databank-%e2%80%93-savvis/). Customers in the impacted network segments may have experienced service interruptions between 11pm and 1am. Most issues were resolved within the first 30 minutes of the maintenance window, but some issues did persist. Our network services group is continuing to monitor the impact to ensure all services are fully restored. At this time we would ask that you verify if the issue reported in your support request persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience this maintenance has caused, and sincerely appreciate your patience, and your business.

We appreciate your business.

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    A. That's why many people use third party monitoring services.

B. That's why a few hosts use failover dns and keep a second presence outside of their own facilities.
    If I set the secondary DNS to another server, will regular accesses sometimes go to the secondary server even if the main one is up? Like if I just have some simple html page saying that the server is down, I don't want that to be displayed if the server is actually up.

Quote Originally Posted by multiwebinc View Post
    If I set the secondary DNS to another server, will regular accesses sometimes go to the secondary server even if the main one is up? Like if I just have some simple html page saying that the server is down, I don't want that to be displayed if the server is actually up.
    I'll pm you the info as it has nothing to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    I'll pm you the info as it has nothing to do with this thread.
    Thanks... but I actually do think it's pretty relevant and other people may be interested in knowing how to set something like that up in the case of network downtime.

I'm interested in knowing how to set this up too. If even just routed to an old laptop running a web server at my home. It'd be slow, but probably be able to output a simple "unavailable" message. My concern with doing that is the method by how it works. If it says something like "well the primary name server hasn't responded in 2 seconds, lets try the secondary" and my server is just really busy, I don't want people going to the second server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12