Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LayeredTech down?

My server 72.232.214.x and ltstatus.com are not responding. Anyone knows what's up?

Yep, same here for our LT server.

Seems the 72.232* range is affected.

Is Servstra server hosted at Layertech? It seems Servstra is down as well. I have server ip starting at 72.232. so I assume it is on layertech as well?

Quote Originally Posted by superman50 View Post
    Is Servstra server hosted at Layertech? It seems Servstra is down as well. I have server ip starting at 72.232. so I assume it is on layertech as well?
    Yes.

<10chars>

Unhappy Databank (Layeredtech) down, anyone has clue what happened?

All my servers at Databank are currently down (it's been about 30 minutes already). Anyone knows what's going on? ltstatus.com is down too...

Edit: it appears their forum is up and there is a possible explanation: layer0.layeredtech.com/showthread.php?t=13251
    Last edited by dcdan; 10-10-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Yes.

<10chars>
    So who should I contact now? I dont see anywhere Servstra have any phone to call to. Since the main site was down I dont think there is anyway for my mail to reach them.

I think im gonna move to rackspace pretty soon this is just pure disaster. With $500 daily spending at adwords, site go down several times since early of last month this is a total business loss.

My servers are down 72.232.* on layeredtech

Plus layered tech panel and also ltstatus.com is down!

Argh....second time recently....!

Quote Originally Posted by ocoth View Post
    My servers are down 72.232.* on layeredtech

Plus layered tech panel and also ltstatus.com is down!

Argh....second time recently....!
    When is the first time and long is the downtime when it happened during the first time?

It was one to two months ago, the downage was for over an hour, possibly two. They were doing an upgrade but things went wrong. Encompass and ltstatus also went down.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoth View Post
    It was one to two months ago, the downage was for over an hour, possibly two. They were doing an upgrade but things went wrong. Encompass and ltstatus also went down.
    I wonder what went wrong this time.

Actually this is for 40 minutes now. Anyone has update from LT techs?

Quote Originally Posted by RACKSET View Post
    Actually this is for 40 minutes now. Anyone has update from LT techs?
    Ya, anyone have any news from LT? Please share....

I'm on 72.232.x.x as well and I'm down. I'm starting to get really fed up with this. This happens every 2-4 weeks (at least that I've seen, probably more) for about 1-4 hours. It's not enough time to make me go through the hassle of switching hosts, but it's just enough to tick me off.

Anyone know how long it's been down for? I'm assuming it's been about a couple hours now.

I was working on my site and it went down between 8:58PM and 9:20PM. I'm estimating 9:10PM. California (PST) time. It has now been 1 hour.

Figures, this happens right after I sent out my monthly e-mail to my 6,000 members, who are now probably confused and upset that they can't load my site.
    Last edited by gamefreak13; 10-10-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Sorry, I haven't noticed the network outage forum...

Down for 1 and half hour now. I think its going to down for another several hours. Prepare for the worst.

We are on multiple floors in Databank's facility but not seeing any power outages.. it seems to be network related. Our network is separate and Databank's page appears to be online but hosted off-site at mediatemple.

LT's ltstatus.com website does not resolve because the IP space pointing to the nameservers is not being announced to the internet (confirmed through our BGP tables and route-views.) www.layeredtech.com has a DNS round robin pointing to two IPs. One of the IPs is offline and also not being announced to the internet, and the other IP is online and located at SAVVIS.

I lost connectivity to my server at LT at exactly 11:00 CST. It came back up at 11:36 for 10 minutes and has been down since. It's very similar to the outage Aug 22 when their support portal was unreachable as well. This is very frustrating since there is no way to get a status update or reach their support dept at all.

I'll be contacting the sales department when the servers are back up requesting my next month to be free. These outages, for a DEDICATED SERVER, are unacceptable, even if only 5 minutes long. This has now almost been 2 hours. If they want to keep this customer (of 4 years) they'll need to compensate me for the downtime. This seems to be happening more and more frequently. And thats only the downtime I see when I'm online. I wonder how many other times it goes down without me knowing.

I urge everyone else here to do the same. Request a discount or your next month free or something.

Anyone remember what their TOS/service agreement says?

Thanks Ryan,

Good to know you're working on this. Also it is good to hear that there was no power outage. If you have any ETA on the resolution, please post an update.

Down for 1 hour 45 minutes.

Their status site ltstatus.com is down too.
    Their support site is unreachable too.

Only the main page is working. Forums are working too, but still no word from them. Really professional service.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak13 View Post
    I'll be contacting the sales department when the servers are back up requesting my next month to be free. These outages, for a DEDICATED SERVER, are unacceptable, even if only 5 minutes long. This has now almost been 2 hours. If they want to keep this customer (of 4 years) they'll need to compensate me for the downtime. This seems to be happening more and more frequently. And thats only the downtime I see when I'm online. I wonder how many other times it goes down without me knowing.

I urge everyone else here to do the same. Request a discount or your next month free or something.

Anyone remember what their TOS/service agreement says?
    Im with gamefreak. Ill be asking for a compensation.
    If not Ill just switch to other more reliable provider. Maybe rackspace.

Quote Originally Posted by dpdp View Post
    Thanks Ryan,

Good to know you're working on this. Also it is good to hear that there was no power outage. If you have any ETA on the resolution, please post an update.
    Sorry for any confusion. I am not a representative of Layeredtech but of Limestone Networks. We are also in the Databank facility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast