hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Softlayer Two Month Review

Forum Jump

Softlayer Two Month Review

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Softlayer Two Month Review

Alright, Ive been with them for a little over two months and I have been with them before. Their support is excellent, their servers' are excellent, their network is excellent, their portal is excellent, and not having to deal with Cogent directly is a joy.

I first singed on with them 11/9/08 till 12/29/08 everything went well I closed my account simply because I didn't need the server again.

My current server with them as of this post is $199.00/mth and I get the following

Code:
CPU : Xenon X3230 Quad Core @ 2.66 Ghz
Ram : 4GB
1000 mbps 2 TB of bandwidth
Washington, DC Data Center
2x 250GB SATA II
Having a server with them has been nothing short of amazing zero downtime caused by them and most anything a managed host will do they will do for you free. I was having issues with routes and simply asked them and within ten minutes they had changed it according to what I would prefer. I have had a DoS attack before that was pushing 800 mbps of traffic and they sent me an email and I opened a ticket and they blocked the attackers' addresses at my switch. Very quickly and not much damage was done. Overall I'm very pleased and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sponsored Links
Old
Empowering you like no other.

Softlayer is a prime example of a dataceter that cares about their customers. This is why they are growing leaps and bounds in such a short period of time. I highly recommend them.

█ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
Softlayer is a prime example of a dataceter that cares about their customers. This is why they are growing leaps and bounds in such a short period of time. I highly recommend them.
Thanks for the reply, another satisfied customer.

Lets dominate the interwebs

Last edited by hotpass105; 10-09-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old

Softlayer is great, but their prices for upgrades are slightly extreme, for example $50 a month for 2GB of ram. Their prices have fixed like this for far too long and its time they reflect on the market change of technology IMO.

Old
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazit View Post
Softlayer is great, but their prices for upgrades are slightly extreme, for example $50 a month for 2GB of ram. Their prices have fixed like this for far too long and its time they reflect on the market change of technology IMO.
I agree the prices are quite high compared to others; but still i would not switch from datacenter, the portal and the ability of providing servers so fast and professional (you can monitor the whole process) and another major plus is that they deliver at 3 top locations in the US with the same interface and infrastructure. I just wished they also where located in Europe, a quality DC like softlayer would be a welcome change and hopefully make the other datacenters here think about improvements.

Old
Web Hosting Master

They always give discounts on upgrades, just talk to sales and they'll take care of you.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Thanks for sharing your good experience with SL. Keep us updated us again in future.