changing control panels

I am just a home user playing around with a linux server. I have learned how to install everything and get it going, and I am hosting 2 small sites.

Problem...As a home user, I was looking for a free hosting panel, I went with ispconfig. I want to change to a different one, not sure which one yet

Is there a way to do this without losing the sites I configured with ispconfig?

Is it possible to setup a second panel, then after everything is working, delete the first one?

Thanks for any help you can give.

I don't think there is an "easy" way of migrating from one server control panel to another - UNLESS the control panel you are migrating to has an "import" script for the panel you are migrating from!

Your best bet would be to contact the control panel provider to see if they might help you with the migration to their control panel, or if they provide a script / guidance on how to migrate accounts into their system.

I figured as much. Thanks for the reply. I am trying so hard to learn, but the ispconfig is...bad

well if you for example used cPanel and wanted to switch over to DirectAdmin there is a script on DA official forum which can conver cPanel backups to DA tarballs and makes it like 1 click you can consider checking out the developer`s site of the control panel you are willing to move to for such scripts...

try google...