ASO has everything I need, with the exception of a unique IP address

So, any other hosts as rock solid as they are and able to offer small shared accounts with private nameservers? Thanks.

I am sure ASO will give you a dedicated IP if you need it (I don't know why they wouldn't)...

Beyond that, why do you need private nameservers - are you afraid your visitors are going to know who you host with? Even with private nameservers anybody who knows enough to find out, still can.

Why not just get a Dedicated IP from ASO and then use your own external DNS such as that which is offered by your registrar?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I am sure ASO will give you a dedicated IP if you need it (I don't know why they wouldn't)...

Beyond that, why do you need private nameservers - are you afraid your visitors are going to know who you host with? Even with private nameservers anybody who knows enough to find out, still can.

Why not just get a Dedicated IP from ASO and then use your own external DNS such as that which is offered by your registrar?

ASOs policy is dedicated IP for SSL only, even if you pay for it on sign-up you still won't get a dedicated address until you send in your cert.

Without getting into a debate about who needs what and why, I'd rather stick to the question at hand. What established hosts provide these services on shared accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by gruffy View Post
    So, any other hosts as rock solid as they are and able to offer small shared accounts with private nameservers? Thanks.
    Have you asked them for a dedicated IP and they refused (did they give a reason)? Or do they just not offer IP's?

If you haven't already, I would contact them to see if they can provide you with a dedicated IP as it is required for the likes of utilising an SSL certificate..
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

As Mike said I would like to know the reason why they are not giving you the IP. I don't think any host will do that with out a valid reason. If you need to install SSL you need a dedicated IP, then surely they will give you one.

Edit: A bit late to press the reply button . Now I got the point.

ASOs policy is dedicated IP for SSL only, even if you pay for it on sign-up you still won't get a dedicated address until you send in your cert.

Without getting into a debate about who needs what and why, I'd rather stick to the question at hand. What established hosts provide these services on shared accounts?
    IP addresses are low in availability and as such proper justification is required before a host assigns you an IP. It's not the first time I've seen this policy and wouldn't be surprised if more and more hosts follow this trend..
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    IP addresses are low in availability and as such proper justification is required before a host assigns you an IP. It's not the first time I've seen this policy and wouldn't be surprised if more and more hosts follow this trend..

There's a rather outstanding webhost that has spoiled customers like me with as many unique IPs as requested (ie, one IP per site for a small addition monthly cost per IP).

Except this one in particular I love will not do private name servers without a dedicated server. Thats overkill for my project.

I do love ASO, I'm sure if GoDaddy has another $7.99 cert sale I'll be back with my "proper" justification

if GoDaddy has another $7.99 cert sale I'll be back with my "proper" justification
    A self-signed certificate is a valid certificate just as well and is completely free. There would just be a warning presented to users if they use the SSL version of your site.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prohacker View Post
    A self-signed certificate is a valid certificate just as well and is completely free. There would just be a warning presented to users if they use the SSL version of your site.
    Definitely a valid point, just generate an SSL yourself and if they say it's self-signed tell them that your users are aware of the warnings and will accept the certificates.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

There's a rather outstanding webhost that has spoiled customers like me with as many unique IPs as requested (ie, one IP per site for a small addition monthly cost per IP).

Except this one in particular I love will not do private name servers without a dedicated server. Thats overkill for my project.

I do love ASO, I'm sure if GoDaddy has another $7.99 cert sale I'll be back with my "proper" justification
    Sounds fair, godaddy have rapidssl right?

Keep us updated.

So you need an IP for private name server, I always thought 2 are required.

If you just want to have your own ns1.yourdomain.com & ns2.yourdomain.com, create them with your registrar using the IP used by ASO NSs, then ask ASO to edit your zone file to reflect the same.

If you need dedicated IP for your domain for what ever purpose and that need justification and you don't actually need SSL then why spend money, get one for free from http://cert.startcom.org or http://www.cacert.org
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Maybe if you explain it to them why you need the dedicated IP's maybe they would reconsider. But have they already denied the IP's?