Thumbs up Hawk Host - one'ish month review.

I have used Hawkhost in the past for a forum (pre-Litespeed change over) I was running and was very pleased. My boss needed a host for her site and HH was one of the first that came to mind. After a quick browse here, it seemed like a no brainer.

I'm happy to say that Hawkhost is still a great host for me and in some aspects, even better than before.

The thing that has really impressed me is the server and network speed. Both of the sites I have with them are purely static content and are noticeably faster than any other host I have used. Proof, to me anyway, that Litespeed really does make a difference. Uptime has been great as well - I'm sitting at 100% since August 26th.

Support is helpful, I have only needed them once for help with a weird directory issue. I submitted the ticket as medium priority at 10:30 am, first response was at 11:14 and the issue was resolved at 12:08. Not as fast as some other hosts but still adequate by my standards. I wish they would have told me what the issue was, I have never run in to the problem before in 9 years of paid web hosting, but whatever. It got fixed and I guess that is all that matters.

I am signed up with HH for a year (for something like 22 dollars) so I will continue to update this thread as time goes by.

For verification purposes, the domains hosted with them are here and here.

Dave

Thanks for the review mate. Really glad to see a happy customer. Keep us updated as you said.

Good to hear you're so satisfied with Hawk Host! And I agree, they are great!

Not as fast as some other hosts but still adequate by my standards.
    I feel that many are getting a bit absurd these days. Sure, we don't have to wait 3 days for the letter to arrive in the mail box anymore, but that doesn't mean all issues must be handled within the space of 5 minutes.

Good to hear you're satisfied with your choice!

Nice review, glad to hear HawkHost is working great for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I feel that many are getting a bit absurd these days. Sure, we don't have to wait 3 days for the letter to arrive in the mail box anymore, but that doesn't mean all issues must be handled within the space of 5 minutes.

Good to hear you're satisfied with your choice!
    Annoys me even more when someone paying $0-$10/mo expects to have 24/7, 5 minute response support.

It's great to hear things overall have been good. I would expect nothing less though

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    Support is helpful, I have only needed them once for help with a weird directory issue. I submitted the ticket as medium priority at 10:30 am, first response was at 11:14 and the issue was resolved at 12:08. Not as fast as some other hosts but still adequate by my standards. I wish they would have told me what the issue was, I have never run in to the problem before in 9 years of paid web hosting, but whatever. It got fixed and I guess that is all that matters.

As far as this it is in fact an issue. We're aware of it and we're already working on it. We've seen such growth that we have not been able to keep up with staffing. Lots of account restores for new accounts have bogged things down a bit along with just having a lot more customers. So should be fixed this week with more staff on board

Most would say that ticket is pretty fast still but it's defiantly not as fast as replies were even just a month ago.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

I am signed up with HH for a year (for something like 22 dollars) so I will continue to update this thread as time goes by.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. That's an amazing deal at such a good price, hope your experience continues to remain the same. Keep WHT updated

Another great review for Hawk Host Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review in regards. Remember to keep us on WHT updated as your relationship with the company continues. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Great to find that they are working well for you..

I almost have not found a single post giving a nice review about any host since morning.

There was an outage last night, but I don't think it was HH's fault. They promptly notified everyone on the forums and everything worked out fine.

My blog is hosted with them.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Most would say that ticket is pretty fast still but it's defiantly not as fast as replies were even just a month ago.
    Oh, fully. I wasn't taking slight at you guys at all. The response time was more than efficient, if it seemed like I felt it was slow or unacceptable, that's my bad.

Keep on keeping on.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    Oh, fully. I wasn't taking slight at you guys at all. The response time was more than efficient, if it seemed like I felt it was slow or unacceptable, that's my bad.

Keep on keeping on.

Dave
    What I meant it was not up to our usual standard. Ticket response times should be normal quick responses again now. So I just wanted to address that as it was a temporary issue with us growing quicker than we could add staff to deal with it. Resolved that that early last week.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

$22 for a year? That's amazing, I'm surprised you can get quality at such a price.
    GlumboUploads - File hosting without wait-times or CAPTCHAs
    RichPeopleThings - Blog about rich people and luxury items

Quote Originally Posted by daz07 View Post
    Annoys me even more when someone paying $0-$10/mo expects to have 24/7, 5 minute response support.
    hehe.. that's the very reason why support is very important. Since some people are very impatient and tend to worry too much and then after worrying gets mad.. which is totally understandable of course. But I agree, some people do expect too much on a free or very low cost service.

Quote Originally Posted by daz07 View Post
    A lot of web hosting companies in that range offer 5 minute response so people are starting to expect it.
    GlumboUploads - File hosting without wait-times or CAPTCHAs
    RichPeopleThings - Blog about rich people and luxury items

I love Hawk Host
    The Best Host i have used.

Quote Originally Posted by sanp View Post
    I love Hawk Host
    The Best Host i have used.
    sanp, please share a domain that you're hosting with them.

OK
    this
    domainage.us