name.com 5.99 com and net reg offer

Hey

i just see the offer in name.com

register com and net tlds for 5.99$

https://www.name.com

There have been reports lately in this forum that name.com has considerable downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    There have been reports lately in this forum that name.com has considerable downtime.
    Downtime for domain registrations? What are you talking about?

One thread with one person not being able to reach a domain does NOT equal "considerable downtime".

excellent ...

Quote Originally Posted by tws View Post
    One thread with one person not being able to reach a domain does NOT equal "considerable downtime".
    Go through the thread. Note also that I said they had a good reputation as far as I've heard until now. I have nothing against a cheap registrar, on the contrary, but when they sell with a loss as appears to be the case that is a bit smelly. But maybe somebody has more information how they can be so cheap?

It wouldn't even matter if they were down or not once your domain is registered.

Personally, I think Name.com are an excellent recommended registrar. Any claims of "considerable downtime" are grossly exaggerated.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by grandhaze View Post
    Hey

i just see the offer in name.com

register com and net tlds for 5.99$

https://www.name.com

is this just for registration or does it also include renewals and transfers
    We work at keebu.com We built things like, 3DO!!, SNES!!, Zelda!!, GEX!!, [Gex says "where's the lizard emoji"]

For me name.com has the best UI that I have had ever used a refreshing change from Godaddy style.
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    Go through the thread. Note also that I said they had a good reputation as far as I've heard until now. I have nothing against a cheap registrar, on the contrary, but when they sell with a loss as appears to be the case that is a bit smelly. But maybe somebody has more information how they can be so cheap?
    I read that thread. The OP said that he couldn't connect for a few minutes.

Name.com typically sells dot coms at $8.99 - above their cost. The occasional sale at $5.99 (the one in this thread was Friday only) doesn't mean that they are losing money. My local retail & food stores often have below cost sales. It does not make them smelly.

I've used name.com/domainsite.com for over 5 years with no outages or problems. Do you have firsthand experience with them?
    Last edited by Techno; 10-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.