Thread: Cpanel question

Cpanel question

Hello,
    Does anyone know how to log out when using webhost manager???

There seems to be no way to log out and once you login, you stay logged in till you restart your computer. There could be a security risk if you try to use webhost manager on someone else computer.

Thanks

I believe you just "X" out of the window. I asked this question on another forum recently and was told there was no "official" way to log out, though I don't know if that's correct or not. I agree though, seems like a security risk.

Thanks for the reply,

But because when you first login it saves a cookie in browser, even if you close that window and try loging in again, it does not ask you for login info...
    This is a big security risk, as someone using your computer can easily mess up the server.

Anybody else has any input on this matter???

If you hit the 'X' you don't always get logged out.

I sometimes use a public library computer every tuesday in my lunch break.. and everytime I log off these forums or any other forums, and my cpanel/whm for that matter, I'm not actually being logged out.

WHM is problem, because it doesn't log you out striaght away. I've had this problem.

I've actually tailored the logout screen of my cpanel skin to tell my clients that if they're using a public terminal or other unsecured computer, that they should completely shut down the browser after they've finished their control panel session. I made that modification after seeing notes in a few different forums about this very issue.