HELP! How To Customize Your Own Nameserver At Yahoo! For My Dedicated Server

I am trying to use my own customized nameservers i.e. - XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (XXX is my IP address) - XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

At my WebHost Manager/cPanel, I already added the IPs for these 2 nameservers through the Network Setup>Nameservers IPs.

But at my Yahoo registrar through Advanced DNS Settings, I am having problem changing my domain nameservers for as it doesn't allow me to change it to :

Here is the error message:

It appears that the following host(s) are not connected to the network:

This might result in registrar errors while processing this change. Click [Submit] to continue and attempt the change or [Cancel] to cancel the operation.
    And if I clicked submit button, I will receive this message:

Sorry! We've encountered a problem.

We seem to have hit a snag. Our system may have become temporarily unavailable, or there was a problem with your request. Please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue to see this message, please visit our system status page to learn about known issues affecting our system, or contact customer care.

Return to the Business Control Panel

My hosting company asked me to contact Yahoo! Tech support to ask them to change the IP for me as they told me I can't do it from their control panel. I have contacted Yahoo! Tech support but they are very very slow to response and I am getting impatient as it costs me money as this is a dedicated server and I can't run my websites.

Anyone encountered similar problem? What is the solution? Can you do this on your own at other registrars like Godaddy or do you have to contact their Tech support to do it for you?

Thanks for your help.

Santa Monica, CA
    Hi there.

You are missing a step. You have to register your name servers at the registrar for your domain. After they are registered, then you can change current name server to new one. Since your domain name is registered with Yahoo, you would register name server there.

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues....

I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.