Thread: Unimpressed.

Unimpressed.

Okay, so after like 2 days, well one full day finally got the VPS from FDCservers. My first experience is ****y.

First off you have to get a phone call from them to confirm it and after that they say oh it should be setup by such and such time which is ridicules in my opinion. Now I should of had 3 IPs in my account which I didn't so I make a ticket and ask

"where is my VPS located? why do i not have 3 ips like my account should be? and why is the nameservers not working in whm?"

there responds..

...you have to make a ticket in this link here for ips

So i go and ask again why? My account at signup should of had 3 IPs, and the nameservers in whm wont setup at all.

So they then say its free go to that link.

So after that I say what about my nameservers there are parts in my post that are not being addressed.

They reply

"***Note: These are only for reverse resolving. They are not for use with your
    personal domains. You will need to setup your own nameserver for that.

Please use the following DNS Reverse Resolvers:"

Now keep in mind ive never really used dns reverse resolvers i always used WHM>Nameservers Setup so im lost as hell there lol!

After he said that I go and say "Okay im sorry but i am really starting to get bitchy i kind of get upset when i
    ask some thing more then once and people ignore my questions im going to ask
    one last time after that im going to close this ticket and make a new one and
    hopfully i get a different person on the ticket.

where is this vps server located....."

He finally tells me my last question..

I am very unimpressed with FDCservers.... WOW After I made this post he replied he said you can search google for node.. REALLY? Lets see I want my money back
    Jason

Amazing

Good Luck getting your money back.

First off you have to get a phone call from them to confirm it and after that they say oh it should be setup by such and such time which is ridicules in my opinion. Now I should of had 3 IPs in my account which I didn't so I make a ticket and ask
    Companys ring you because they want to check to see if you are indeed the person who ordered their service, this is nothing bad as they do not want to get scammed. Most VPS companies I have been with also take up to 24 hours to setup so I see no problem here either.

and the nameservers in whm wont setup at all.
    I had to setup my nameservers with my domain registra(GoDaddy) which took 2 minutes, you just enter the IP's they may have given you for nameservers(this may be different than I think)

Oh ya I totally understand the whole fraud thing. It's more of being he told me to search google, and I had to keep asking and asking for the same thing. People in support should read THE ENTIRE post before answering. I mean is it to much to ask to answer the entire question insted of answering one thing..
    Jason

It is rather unfortunate when a host fails their customer, however, I think it'd better be at order time / provisioning that you realise what you might be in-for on the long haul rather then once you've setup and have clients on the server!

which datacenter you referring too?
    Chicago or Denver?
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

sorry to hear about ur bad experience whmanaged

jeff I don't think he knows it as well, The reply quoted by whmanaged,
    where is this vps server located....."

He finally tells me my last question..

I am very unimpressed with FDCservers.... WOW After I made this post he replied he said you can search google for node.. REALLY? Lets see I want my money back

Chicago they finally told me.

I think it's really silly that I also had to request IPs when in there little signup it says "3 IPs" come with.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by whmanaged View Post
    Chicago they finally told me.

I think it's really silly that I also had to request IPs when in there little signup it says "3 IPs" come with.
    Yes, I agree that it's silly, but it seems this is the way most hosts work. They're willing to give you X for free, if you contact them after the initial setup (even when it says that you get X IPs on the package page).

Hmm, FDC is unmanaged VPS and Servers, I called to ask a few question and it sounded like he was ready to get off the phone, I think its just one man running it now a team or company.

I think it's more then one, I called one guy picked up said call a different number so there may be more then one, maybe 5.

daz07 - if you signup for some thing that says 3 with the account you shouldn't have to fill more information to get the rest of that stuff you should of had in the first place at signup.
    Jason

Oh my god.... They did the IP thing WHM won't allow me to add them, replied to the IP ticket, they reply saying you need to make a ticket to add them.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? COME ON
    Jason

Ekkk, don't say this! I'm about to send some servers over for colo in Denver!

I'm sure there colo is a lot better then there VPS service.
    Jason

Well update....

..I put in a request for money back they did give me my money back so that was the good thing about FDC! Im sure they are wonderful on there colo and servers but the VPS service was just .....ya!
    Jason

Well, its nice to hear you got your money back, at least you got one tiny little reason to cheer about.lol Since there are some that doesn't like giving refunds. Your post was very helpful and a good example for others to be more careful on choosing what vps to sign up for.

I was surprised because I was told by a few people that they don't do refunds. But I am glad they did so I take back a little bit about what I think of them! But not there support haha that was really silly a support tech should read the entire post before replying and reply to each question not just one.
    Jason