Best host for customers in Vietnam

I am living in Vietnam at the moment and planning on opening an online clothing store for the market here. The next thing I need is a host!

I plan on having a few websites hosted with different domains but the main one will be an online shop with many pictures. My current online store is in Korea and takes up about 500mb. I expect the Vietnamese one to be the same. In the future I plan on making a few other websites (probably not as image heavy) for various businesses I am starting here.

Nothing fancy needed as no actual transactions will take place online (all cash on delivery). Just need something that will give decent speeds to Vietnam and no problems with bandwidth. I am a newbie as far as all of this goes but I need to start somewhere. I would really appreciate some advice or at least being pointed in the right direction.

Budget is preferably as cheap as possible that will sort out all my needs but definately under $15 per month (under $10 much better!!)

Maybe you need to check such regions as Singapoure for the web hosting service? I assume there your customers will have the best connection speed
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

That's exactly why I am posting here. I know nothing about hosting. My site in Korea is through one of the online shopping malls there and it's all very easy to handle and organise. If someone can point me towards a good SG host then that would be great. Alternatively, I would like some information on hosts with good connections to Asia. Will having a US (or UK) host affect the shopping experience?

I am in Vietnam too, and for me, server in SG is not always optimal likes US-based. Try someone having NTT, PCCW in mix, you will get good network performance. Do you want Linux or Windows hosting?

did you get your hosting?

I've done some recent traceroutes and it seems that mzima connections tend to have fewer hops and better overall ping (100-250ms) to most of Asia. Among the westcoast datacenters, those located in Los Angeles tend to be better connected to Asia.

Some parts of Asia are connected to Europe go through US, so I'd stick to US west coast hosts for a better overall speeds.

Of course you'll be getting a far better ping hosting from Singapore if you can find a decent provider there that fits your budget.

I think Linux hosting as I will be playing around mostly with wordpress with e-commerce and zencart. I haven't found my host yet as so far no one has actually given me specific recommendations yet?

This is my first time finding my own host and building my own website so I need more specific recommendations.

I have been speaking to a few developers here and it seems dreamhost.com is fairly popular here. I understand they are in LA? Do you think they would be a good bet? Thanks for the replies

Just seen dreamhost has an offer today for a year of hosting for $9.24 with a free domain. I can't see any real reason not to go for this?

Usually, DH is suitable with *not busy* sites. If you want a stable home for ecommerce site, you might not want to go with cheap hosts. About their promotion, it's not available for all regions. You will need to check if they accept order from Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozatron View Post
    Just seen dreamhost has an offer today for a year of hosting for $9.24 with a free domain. I can't see any real reason not to go for this?
    You get what you pay for. I assume before any action you need to read the reviews
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Ok then, can anyone give me some actual recommendations then? Dreamhost didn't let me sign up so still looking

Quote Originally Posted by Zsev View Post
    Of course you'll be getting a far better ping hosting from Singapore if you can find a decent provider there that fits your budget.
    Singapore is a good choice, 8 to Infinity offers shared hosting packages with around 500MB disk space.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

In any case you need to have the list of the companies you review and then according that make your own decision for the web hosting company

You might want to take a look at SGWHT to search for SG-based hosts.
    Roy Lee
    ConceptLane Pte Ltd
    Singapore Hosting, VPS, Colo, Dedi, Web Apps