Domain reseller question

Hi all,
    I am posting this question after spending 5 days searching the web for any information on credible domain reseller that I can sign up with for my upcoming reseller hosting.
    I have WHMCS setup, website being built, got recommendation to go with domain reseller with enom's API system. My hosting reseller has domain reseller service but they charge more than $9.xx for a domain and I thought this a bit high. I am looking for domain under $9. But the question who provides domains reselling under 9 dollars with a good customer services. I am not interested in turn-key service, where reseller collects my sells and send me difference. I want to collect the money my self.
    Besides domain names what other costs associated with selling domains that may surprise me?
    I am also interested in signing up for ssl reseller preferably from the same reseller.

If you are a domain reseller, please don't sell me. I need to hear from the folks who are using domain reseller service and know first hand experience. Please recommend me a good domain and ssl reseller with reasonable price range
    thanks
    Moaa
    -

i have listed few reseller centric registrars in following wiki article:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/D...ller_Registrar

I actually saw that list before and I'm still confused about. Are they similar to enom? Or they are reseller under registrar? would you recommend one?
    Thanks

all are the Registrars. i would recommend you to go with any White Labeled Registrar.

Option is ConnectReseller, ResellerClub.

ConnectReseller prvovides you account at $99 initial deposit where as resellerclub provides you at $199 and in ResellerClub you will get base price for .Com as $9.49 where as ConnectReseller you will get that at $7.29.

when I check the Resellerclub - they have $199 base deposit then $499, 1499, 2999. Why the deposit increase? I am only looking for API connection to sell as many domain names my client may need when signing up.
    I'm sorry to bother you but I really need to this thing before I sing up and regret after word (if I made terrible mistake). I am starting small hosting services (reseller). I noticed the base domain doesn't give country names like .ca why is it?

Resellerclib: they have slab system and through which you get discounted prices as much as business you do with them.

ConnectReseller dont have any API module for WHMCS, if you are looking for intergration then Reselrclub is best option.

Thank you so much. I was chatting with Connetreseller, the customer support left the chat a few times without answering any of my questions. It is horrible. She doesn't see me to understand English at all.

Thanks again for your help.
    Moaa

One thing you will find is cheap isnt always best! eNom are good and solid and one of the oldest reseller based registrars.

WHMCS supports the eNom API very well. Anyone of the LogicBoxes platform can be used with WHMCS, RC/NEO/Resell.Biz to name a few.

Chris
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, https://reseller.netearthone.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

I go with NEO
    Great pricing, awesome support
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.

Hi Chris,
    I believe you are the owner of Netearthone. I like your prices. But I don't know your service quality but the good sign is that your are very active in this forum cause I read a few of your postings. I used to be a corporate IT Project lead for many years and finally decided to venture out on my own. The challenges I have with hosting business setup is that many of services used in hosting industry is new to me. For example:
    - I signed up for hosting reseller who provided me with free WHMCS system to manage my hosting plans. Now I needed to integrate domain purchasing to my hosting but I ran into huge challenges because there are so many of them out there and was not sure which one to sign up with. Some people suggested I sign up with subreseller from eNOM to avoid upfront cost. The more I researched I found it is possible to sign up with registrar like ResellerClub or Netearthone without breaking my wallet. My major concern, however, is that i sign up with a company that might rip me off with hidden cost, which eventually leads to problems and frustration.

Hostgator is my hosting reseller and I really like their customers service so far. I am looking for domain reseller who has:
    - Good customer support
    - does ethical business ( no hidden costs)
    - Care about their customers
    - Honest and credible
    - provides integration with WHMCS (api)

Your comment on NetearthOne is appreciated
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moaa View Post
    domain reseller service but they charge more than $9.xx for a domain and I thought this a bit high. I am looking for domain under $9.
    The price you can expect to pay for domains you resell depend on a number of factors
    * the amount you're willing to pre-fund the account with - the more you "invest" the better pricing you'll get
    * the base price of the domain
    * the API and integration options (if even available)
    * support - you've already experience the level of help you'll get from a very cheap provider - so imagine when there really is a problem

Domains are *important* so picking a reputable, reliable, supported and financial viable registrar is essential to stop you losing control or use of the domains you register
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I totally agree and I am closer to deciding who I should sing up with. The People at WHT and other forums are really helpful. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ashok854 View Post
    Option is ConnectReseller
    What is your connection to this company, please? First on your list, you mention it rather often on the forum, and even recommend it here where it doesn't connect to WHMCS as the OP had directly mentioned he was looking for.
    Please explain.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Dear Bear,
    If your commends is for me. I have no connection with any company or any person. I am just a newbie who is starting Web hosting business but need help desperately that is all. May be I said somethings inadvertently that made other think I am promoting or hidden motive to write comments but I am not. In fact I'm new to this forum as well. I hope this clarifies your concerns.
    cheers
    Moaa

Quote Originally Posted by moaa View Post
    If your commends is for me.
    It was for the person I'd quoted.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Bear,

I don't have any direct connections/interest in connectreseller, i like their offerings and i have reseller account with them.

Frankly speaking i missed MOAA's requirement in my first post here about WHMCS. i addressed his better price requirement, as ConnectReseller has better price then ResellerClub so i recommended connectreseller. even in my second post i recommended ResellerClub as i missed his WHMCS requirement.

I hope its clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ashok854 View Post
    Bear,

I don't have any direct connections/interest in connectreseller, i like their offerings and i have reseller account with them.

Frankly speaking i missed MOAA's requirement in my first post here about WHMCS. i addressed his better price requirement, as ConnectReseller has better price then ResellerClub so i recommended connectreseller. even in my second post i recommended ResellerClub as i missed his WHMCS requirement.

I hope its clear.
    Above cited (explanation)definitely sounds fishy to me, but nice observation by Bear
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.