* Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Hello ,

We installed kloxo in a vps machine and get error in our php script :

Code:
    Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Here is my phpinfo :
    http://204.124.181.182/info.php

Please advise us why does apache configure with below options !! :
    Code:
    '--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--di

Your php doesn't include mysql module.

try install it using yum

Code:
    yum install php-mysql

Quote Originally Posted by root24x7 View Post
    Your php doesn't include mysql module.

try install it using yum

Code:
    yum install php-mysql

Thank you for your response

Here is result :
    Code:
    Package php-mysql-5.2.6-5.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Have you installed a software package that has installed a 2nd copy of php in additional to the one installed by the yum system?

Try:

find / -name php -xtype f

We only install kloxo .

Here is result of your command :
    find / -name php -xtype f
    /usr/local/bin/php
    /usr/local/lxlabs/ext/php/bin/php
    /usr/local/lxlabs/ext/php/php
    /usr/bin/php

Quote Originally Posted by nashenas View Post
    Hello ,

We installed kloxo in a vps machine and get error in our php script :

Code:
    Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Here is my phpinfo :
    http://204.124.181.182/info.php

Please advise us why does apache configure with below options !! :
    Code:
    '--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--di
    I think that means your PHP code has been built with the 'without-mysql' option.

Why that would be, I do not know.

If I'm right, you need to use a copy of PHP that has been built with the mysql option; something like:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

make
    make install

cp php.ini-dist /usr/local/lib/php.ini :

I think that means your PHP code has been built with the 'without-mysql' option. == > yes !

If I'm right, you need to use a copy of PHP that has been built with the mysql option = > how ? Where can I find copy of PHP that has been built with the mysql option ?

Quote Originally Posted by nashenas View Post
    I think that means your PHP code has been built with the 'without-mysql' option. == > yes !

If I'm right, you need to use a copy of PHP that has been built with the mysql option = > how ? Where can I find copy of PHP that has been built with the mysql option ?
    Well, if you don't know how to deal with the "simple" Linux maintenance environments - which I personally find amazingly confusing, maybe because there are a range of methods, none of which I have ever learned properly - the simplest way is to build it yourself from the source ...

There are instructions here:

http://lamphowto.com/

But I expect someone here can give you other advice, which you may prefer.

It does indeed look like you have multiple installations of php. The one in /usr/bin/php is the one that is being updated with mysql support. I suspect your product is built by lxlabs and they are using the one in their own bin folder.

You can run "php -i" from the command line to check the info for each of these to see which one(s) have mysql support and which don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RBBOT View Post
    It does indeed look like you have multiple installations of php. The one in /usr/bin/php is the one that is being updated with mysql support. I suspect your product is built by lxlabs and they are using the one in their own bin folder.

You can run "php -i" from the command line to check the info for each of these to see which one(s) have mysql support and which don't.
    Yes . You right !

how can I remove the php which doesn't mysql support ?

php -i
    phpinfo()
    PHP Version => 5.2.6

System => Linux s02.parsigoo.ir 2.6.18-128.2.1.el5xen #1 SMP Tue Jul 14 07:07:49 EDT 2009 x86_64
    Build Date => May 26 2009 22:30:38
    Configure Command => './configure' '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--
    target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin
    ' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/u
    sr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/sha
    re/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-config-fil
    e-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--w
    ithout-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-d
    ir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-t1lib=/usr' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettex
    t' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-expat-dir=/usr'
    '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-
    quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '
    --enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixOD
    BC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio'
    '--without-mime-magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--e
    nable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring=shared
    ' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-bcmath
    =shared' '--enable-dba=shared' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-ldap-s
    asl' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-mysqli=shared,/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--enable-dom=shared' '--with-
    dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--enable-soap=share
    d' '--with-xsl=shared,/usr' '--enable-xmlreader=shared' '--enable-xmlwriter=shared' '--enable-fastcgi' '--e
    nable-pdo=shared' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-pgsql=s
    hared,/usr' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--enable-json=shared' '--enable-zip=shared' '--with-readline'

Quote Originally Posted by root24x7 View Post
    It resolved by this solution :
    after installing Kloxo in Centos64 you must modify extension_dir = /usr/lib/php/modules to extension_dir = /usr/lib64/php/modules in /etc/php.ini

Thank you for your help .