BigSiteOfHosting downtime??

What is with the downtime with this server? I've been a client for a month and a half or so, and so far, the server has been down for about three weeks of that... is everyone else having this kind of problem with their respective servers, or what? Its starting to make me pretty mad....

Did you try contacting support and asking this question?

do you think I would have posted a question here if I didn't?

all I got from them was that alot of servers were dropped for overusage a few weeks ago, and that it took them three weeks to find a new one..... which sounds like bull to me.. following this, they were up for about a week, in which time, I managed to re-upload my three sites, and guess what, now today, they are back offline... however, they were quite prompt in collecting their fees this months, amazingly enough.. despite their 99.9% uptime guarantee. basically, this month, they have been online less than 25%
    www.gymchat.com

The ULTIMATE Fitness Resource

Once again the Cheapest Route is not always the best! Sometimes you need to find a host thats been around and will be around as well as has a nice price for what you want! A lot of these 99.9 % Uptime Guarantees are no better than the paper they are written on.
    Mike

do you think I would have posted a question here if I didn't?
    Well, to be honest, alot of people think WHT is the best place for support

I would suggest finding a new host then and cancelling with your services with BSOF and get a refund (if you can).

Though it doesn't relate, maybe they are having some monetary problems (or errrrrr... something???) http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=89589
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Well how long can one tred water giving away cheap hosting

They come - they go.

this is bs. i don't like this one bit.

Originally posted by secured
    this is bs. i don't like this one bit.
    mind elaborating? what exactally don't you like?
    www.gymchat.com

Originally posted by Shankerr

mind elaborating? what exactally don't you like?
    oh, PS, its not BS either, its the way it is
    www.gymchat.com

i don't like it when i just signup and can only use my account 1/10th of the time. thats the last straw, so unprofessional.

I was with these guys a few months ago... same story, fall for the pretty cheap places. Guarentees were there sure, but as usual, within one week I had 99.9% downtime. This and that was said back and forth and on top of that the server load was constantly 30-130 (no joke). I only put up with it for about 3 weeks and left. I didn't even bother asking for the remanding amount of my money back even though it was about $65.

I've learned from a few bad run inswhat to avoid when shopping for providers.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

just cancelled with them. they are still down i believe.

That's probably your best bet .... things haven't seemed to changed since I was last there.

Good luck finding a new provider and remember, you get what you pay for so if it's cheaper then a movie think about how long it will probably last. ;-)
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.