Collection Agency for Webhosting Company

Hi all,

I have been searching for a good collection agency who can deal with both commercial and non commercial delinquent accounts plus also deal with international debts. Most of the debt agencies I contacted only have interest on business accounts. Does anyone have suggestion? I wonder if there is a debt agency dedicated for webhosting industry.

I came across olddebts.com and usacreditrecovery.com from another thread on WHT on 2008's thread, and decided to contact them for quote requests but still have not got reply back. Does anyone have experience with them before?

Thanks for the advice!

Dunn and Bradstreet are good

Quote Originally Posted by smenkhare View Post
    The thing I've found with most collection agencies is that they won't handle the 1 claim here and there, they want to take on companies with lots of outstanding unpaid balances.

If you do find a good one that will take on a case here or there post it up Obviously there are legitimate times to use such courses of action and times that there aren't
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

We have used Dixon's. It was waste of money. Simply we had 4 or 5 cases that might require a collection. We contacted them. A lot of paperwork and back and forth emailing. Nothing has been collected at the end.

Very hard to collect money from your online sales. Better to improve your system and try to access the group of customers who wouldn't cause you such trouble.

Good Luck
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

That's why it is always best to have and enforce a zero credit policy. We have never had issues with AR or payment to collect from customers. If no reply from you after a first and second reminder of payment due, your account is turned off :-)
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

We started using a new collection agency a few months ago and are having great success. They handle personal and commercial accounts and very easy to deal with. They will handle any number of accounts, and are even collecting on a pre judgment debt. We had to do something different to stop customers that think their debt will go away because they stop paying or move away from our service with no notice.

Quote Originally Posted by ProAxxs-Don View Post
    We started using a new collection agency a few months ago and are having great success. They handle personal and commercial accounts and very easy to deal with. They will handle any number of accounts, and are even collecting on a pre judgment debt. We had to do something different to stop customers that think their debt will go away because they stop paying or move away from our service with no notice.

Would you share their name and how they work?

Were they able to collect any money and how much it cost?
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

Their fee is normally 30-40% of the debt owed. If they don't collect, you don't pay. So you would get 60-70% of the outstanding amount owed. PM me and I can probably arrange for you to pay a flat rate of 25 or 30%.

Their fee is normally 30-40% of the debt owed. If they don't collect, you don't pay. So you would get 60-70% of the outstanding amount owed. PM me and I can probably arrange for you to pay a flat rate of 25 or 30%.
    What is your company's name, are you registered? I would not just give you my client's information without a proper company presentation.

Hi all, first post here.

We've just employed the services of an agency known as Somerville & Co here in Australia.

Sadly, we encountered a client that decided it was somehow illegal for us to charge late fees on our invoices, and that because he didn't read the TOS, they did not apply to him (even though he agreed to them in the WHMCS order process).

It's disappointing to know there are people out there that want everything for nothing. It's not like we as providers get the resources for free.

It's honestly not worth the hassle for such small payments.

Quote Originally Posted by smenkhare View Post
    I do not believe d&b is in the debt collection business. They are a reporting agency that collects information regarding debts.

Theres a debt collection company I know that has been hired to come after us for a bogus debt. I could confirm they will handle small cases but some of the tactics they've used are illegal and have already gotten them and the company they are representing in more legal trouble then the 'debt' was worth.

I really don't think it's worth it to have debt collection in this business.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

We've been in business for quite a few years, never had any colleciton problems. They don't pay, we turn them off. That usually gets their attention pretty fast.

Same here. No issue with debt collection. Those who don't pay usually come back and pay when they are suspended. If they do not, we lose some money but not enough to justify a debt collector.

We do impose an immediate $200.00 USD charge on accounts caught spamming that we have yet to collect on but we never expected to collect that charge anyways. It is more of a message than an expectation.

We have had a positive experience with Pyramid Financial Solutions so far, especially compared to other agencies we have used in the past.

http://www.pyramidfinancialsolutions.com/default.aspx

Dan
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Ethan has done a fantastic job on collections at RPS
    Anyone interested can contact him at rpscollections at gmail.com

Having good clients is the beginning of it all. A client who wants to continue to do hosting business and has a good relationship with your company will find a way to sort it out and not let it slide. The key is handling it before it becomes an issue, unless you end up with a straight up Houdini disappearing act, even then it is surprising how some can return back out of nowhere.
    Hamar Hosting
    Managed Shared servers | Dedicated Servers | Application Hosting
    Cpanel, Solid Engineers, 24/7 support, 99.99% uptime guaranteed.
    "A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy"

Ethan has done a fantastic job on collections at RPS
    Anyone interested can contact him at rpscollections at gmail.com
    We have been using RPS for quite awhile. It has been almost 2 months but we have not received any invoice or check from them. Ethan never replies our email, he's always on meeting, whatever tht means. They always give us different answers when we inquire for information. They have a ridiculous long time of turn time from claims to active collection activity (1-2 weeks). Our online account cannot be accessed most of the time due to a script error. At this point, I am totally confused of their commitment.

The good thing about them is that they don't have a minimum amount of debt for a claim. Which usually most collection agency require $250 or $350 minimum per one claim. But after going through this pain with them, I might be considering other collections as well.