Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133

    * Colo4Jax/Aeori Beware

    I had a server with Ray from colo4jax for several months. The response time were extremely slow (Up to several weeks in some cases). I just want everyone to steer clear of this guy.

    I worked for a very reputable company, JWMedia running bored.com and many other websites. We had one server and a backup server with Ray. I also had my personal server which just hosted a few of my websites and development projects.

    I parted ways with JWMedia last month, Deciding to do my own thing running my websites. I received an email from Ray stating that JWMedia had a back due balance of $1,000. I directed Ray to the owner, and told him I was no longer working with JWMedia. After a week or so, I noticed my websites were offline on my personal server. Taking my live websites down, and leaving my development projects stranded. I had lost thousands of dollars worth of time.

    Ray took my server offline, and notified me that unless I paid the $1,000 back due balance for my employer my server would be wiped clean.

    Ofcourse, Not wanting to lose my clients work, My websites and email I paid the bill. I was blackmailed into paying someone elses bill. I'm guessing this is illegal, I'm going to be taking this to small claims now that I have attained all my data off the server.

    I just wanted to post this to people who are either with Ray (Be careful, Don't keep live sites here!, Or potential clients)

    I noticed he had changed his company name from Colo4Jax to Aeori, I'm guessing there has been some issues in the past, Dealing with Ray is very shady and his business ethics are very disturbing.

    Since this epidemic I have moved to TailorMadeServers, Who have been nothing short of excelent. It has been around a month with them and they have very fast response times. They are very very helpful and come highly recommended from me.

    Thank you,
    -Nicholas Dean
    -NLDMedia CEO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    977
    That's a fabulous story.. but the facts simply don't agree with you.

    1) At no point did we have any evidence that the responsibility for the services in question would be borne by anyone but you. We were instructed by the previous owner of those services that there was no desire to continue using them and that they should be cancelled. You contacted me to have the services put back online, and said that you would take care of billing for the service in February 2009. When I contacted you at the beginning of August to inform you that we had no billing entry for your service on our side, and that we'd be shutting down the service in question for nonpayment, you asked me to keep it on while you figure out what's what. I know nothing about "JWMedia".

    2) Since these services were yours by all accounts, I did in fact inform you that we were discontinuing service. You neglected to make any payment or follow-up statements for more than a month! You left me no choice.

    What you're reporting to WHT here and now.. is that you committed fraud, by initially agreeing to pay your bill, with the intention of charging back the payment once you had everything you needed from your other server. Do us all a favor.. stop crying to WHT and stop emailing me. You're simply not worthy of any further communication.

    p.s. In your attempt to deceive the WHT populace, you stated above "I worked for a very reputable company, JWMedia". If the debt is in fact not yours , and JW Media is so reputable, then tell them to pay their bill.

    Now selling BigVPS's!
    Jacksonville Colocation and dedicated servers by colo4jax
    We are *not* a reseller. We own our servers, switches, routers and racks.

  3. #3
    Both of you seem to have valid points, and my experience with Ray over several years of hosting has never been shady at all (he has always been very helpful and I never had any billing problems), but one question I have is why a week and a half after Nick paid the past due bill (for whatever reasons) was the JW Media server and Nick's server not turned back on? Nick may not have been right in being angry about the billing situation, but I don't see how colo4jax not turning the 2 servers back on once the bill was paid can be justified, unless there is some other reason not posted here. So, I would be interested to know the reason for that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133
    The facts are that it wasn't my bill to pay, The domains aren't in my name. Just wanted to let everyone else know so they could atleast think twice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    L.A., CA
    Posts
    3,706

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDev View Post
    The facts are that it wasn't my bill to pay, The domains aren't in my name. Just wanted to let everyone else know so they could atleast think twice.
    Apparently that's not entirely true according to Ray. So, I would not be inclined to listen to everything you say regarding this.

    I don't know the OP, but I do know Ray and have done business with him for a number of years. The only mishap that happened was that issue with the move to Miami which C4J owned up to and everything has been solid since then again. I also believe that Ray is not a liar, he has always been very forthcoming with us regarding anything, including any billing issues.

    The reason for the change name of his company is due to him moving from Jacksonville to Miami, therefore Colo4Jax won't really fit the bill anymore. There's nothing 'shady' about that.

    Either way, I hope this gets resolved the correct way, but I would not take the OP's words as the 100% truth here.
    AYKsolutions.com - High Bandwidth Specialists - 100TB/1Gbps/10Gbps Unmetered/CDN/DDOS Protected
    Over 20 Global Locations - Asia, Mexico, Brazil, India, Australia, US, CA, EU - Bare Metal and Virtual Cloud. All Managed.
    View our current Specials.
    We are Professional. Painless. Polite.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    977
    Eric,

    Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't aware that you had intimate knowledge of the situation; it sounds like Nick has been running his mouth about this to you in private, in addition to WHT. And with a rather biased tone too, it seems. None the less, I'll address your question:

    Quote Originally Posted by impulsecorp View Post
    one question I have is why a week and a half after Nick paid the past due bill (for whatever reasons) was the JW Media server and Nick's server not turned back on?
    The server that you're referring to as "Nick's server" was in fact turned back on. That was done _immediately_ after receiving a PayPal payment from Nick to clear all past due balances. However, because Nick had allowed well over a month to elapse since I informed him of the balance he had due on his other server (which you guys both keep referring to as the "JW Media server"), I stipulated that this payment was to be made via wire transfer. I did that to avoid precisely the problem I have now, which is that Nick charged back that $1000 PayPal payment. Quite simply, I was trying to avoid a chargeback. So instead of doing what I told Nick to do (after letting this brew for yet another month), he in effect threw money at me via PayPal. At that time I reactivated his service and told him I wanted his payment replaced with a wire transfer. That never happened - an entire week went by - no wire. When he asked me a couple of days ago for access to the other server you're referring to, I asked him where my wire was. He kept bantering on, trying to get me to refund his payment so he could send the wire with the refunded monies (which I wasn't supposed to have in the first place - I was supposed to leave all services switched off until I got a $1000 wire - remember?). The joke's on me, right?

    For what it's worth, you should also know that Nick made the following statement to me in email today: "You are going to be losing business from myself, Eric and anyone else who we would recommend". Given your positive remarks, I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but wanted to mention it none the less.

    Thanks as always for your business!

    Now selling BigVPS's!
    Jacksonville Colocation and dedicated servers by colo4jax
    We are *not* a reseller. We own our servers, switches, routers and racks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    It's always interesting how some customers will expect you to know who they are and what they're allegedly authorized to do despite being a friend, consultant, etc. of an actual customer.

  9. #9
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=625686

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDev View Post
    can anyone beat me?
    Joined: sept 2002 (i was only 14 heh
    Total Posts: 118 (0.07 posts per day)

    .07 posts a day!
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,277
    NickDev, take it from someone that's been involved in disputes. From what you've posted here you might as well be representing colo4jax if you opt to take this further.

    Would be interesting to see how it would play out though
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

  11. #11
    Ray had written in his email one and a half weeks ago to Nick "We'll require
    payment in full of Invoice #3072 via wire transfer in order to reactivate
    service. " yet Nick sent a the money by Paypal instead, so that is part of the problem.

    Yes, all of this may be unfair to Nick, since it is not even his bill to pay, but stuff like that happens in life. It is not Ray's fault either that he has not been paid.

  12. #12
    Part of the confusion is that Nick had an arrangement when he was working for JW Media where Nick was supposed to pay for some of their expenses (like server hosting) out of the money he was getting from JW Media, so Nick was the billing contact with Ray for the JW Media server in question here. For whatever reason the bill was not paid by Nick or JW Media, but from Ray's point of view Nick was responsible since he was the billing contact and was acting as the webmaster for the sites on the server. Yes, Nick did not own the server or the sites on it, but from Ray's point of view that did not matter, Ray just wanted to get paid.

    Ray was made aware from the start that JW Media was the owner of the servers and that they should be the one billed for them, but JW Media never responded to any of the emails about it so Nick took over handling it so the servers would not get shut down. It may not legally be Nick's responsibility, but he should not have got in a situation where the server was 8 months behind in billing when he was the one in charge of it.

    - Eric

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133
    The billing for the servers was not in my name, And this wasn't one of the servers I was supposed to be billed for, Or any servers from Ray. I was simply an employee the fact is that it wasn't my responsibility to pay my employers bill. I was blackmailed into paying this server by having my personal server disabled.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133
    Yeah I don't post a lot, I don't see how that's relevant. I posted because this is a hosting forum, And i don't think anyone should hafto be treated in such a manner. I have been blackmailed, called a liar, and generally treated with much disrespect. Even the owner of the company I was working for verified it was not my bill. However he isn't running the company and just generally doesn't care.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133
    I did not come here to get bashed by various other webhost, I will get my money either way by PayPal dispute or charge back. I just wanted to share my *personal* situation with Ray in hopes of spreading my experiences for consideration. I understand under circumstances people may be mislead into doing ignorant and disrespecful things, which is obviously the case here. Ray was unwilling to hear anything I had to say, and simply disregarded the truth. Money can do these sort of things to people, morals are easily overthrown when $1,000 is in the mix.

    Regarding bringing eric into the conversation Ray, I did not talk bad about you in private other than sharing my story. I CC'd Eric so you would have another honest respectable person telling you the truth. Eric told you multiple times that this was not my site, or my bill to pay. He knows because he personally sold the websites to the company I worked for. I do appreciate you coming to this thread i'm glad you care about your companies image enough to do so, I just wish you would answer emails so I wouldn't hafto bring this to the public. However in this world things aren't always that easy until and i'm sure I wouldn't of ever heard from you again hadn't I brought your reputation into the picture.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133
    Also Eric I was never held responsible for paying any servers from Ray, I was the billing contact but all payments came from JWMedias PayPal account. The only reason I was the billing contact was because as you stated JWMedia's owner was not responsive, And I had access to the PayPal account.

    Quote Originally Posted by impulsecorp View Post
    Part of the confusion is that Nick had an arrangement when he was working for JW Media where Nick was supposed to pay for some of their expenses (like server hosting) out of the money he was getting from JW Media, so Nick was the billing contact with Ray for the JW Media server in question here. For whatever reason the bill was not paid by Nick or JW Media, but from Ray's point of view Nick was responsible since he was the billing contact and was acting as the webmaster for the sites on the server. Yes, Nick did not own the server or the sites on it, but from Ray's point of view that did not matter, Ray just wanted to get paid.

    Ray was made aware from the start that JW Media was the owner of the servers and that they should be the one billed for them, but JW Media never responded to any of the emails about it so Nick took over handling it so the servers would not get shut down. It may not legally be Nick's responsibility, but he should not have got in a situation where the server was 8 months behind in billing when he was the one in charge of it.

    - Eric

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133
    This is also not true, Both servers are offline.
    Also in addition to the $1,000. I paid Ray $260 to upgrade my machine prior, This was also never done and this money was also kept because of the backdue balance. So I also paid an extra $260. Can you justify this Ray?

    Quote Originally Posted by tical View Post
    Eric,

    Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't aware that you had intimate knowledge of the situation; it sounds like Nick has been running his mouth about this to you in private, in addition to WHT. And with a rather biased tone too, it seems. None the less, I'll address your question:



    The server that you're referring to as "Nick's server" was in fact turned back on. That was done _immediately_ after receiving a PayPal payment from Nick to clear all past due balances. However, because Nick had allowed well over a month to elapse since I informed him of the balance he had due on his other server (which you guys both keep referring to as the "JW Media server"), I stipulated that this payment was to be made via wire transfer. I did that to avoid precisely the problem I have now, which is that Nick charged back that $1000 PayPal payment. Quite simply, I was trying to avoid a chargeback. So instead of doing what I told Nick to do (after letting this brew for yet another month), he in effect threw money at me via PayPal. At that time I reactivated his service and told him I wanted his payment replaced with a wire transfer. That never happened - an entire week went by - no wire. When he asked me a couple of days ago for access to the other server you're referring to, I asked him where my wire was. He kept bantering on, trying to get me to refund his payment so he could send the wire with the refunded monies (which I wasn't supposed to have in the first place - I was supposed to leave all services switched off until I got a $1000 wire - remember?). The joke's on me, right?

    For what it's worth, you should also know that Nick made the following statement to me in email today: "You are going to be losing business from myself, Eric and anyone else who we would recommend". Given your positive remarks, I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but wanted to mention it none the less.

    Thanks as always for your business!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    6,456
    I'm going to side with Ray here - he is a very good business man from my past dealings with him.

    Also, was it /really/ necessary to reply like ten times? Couldn't you just make one big post?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133
    Sorry obviously I am lying Ray is right I should be held responsible for my employers bills and should also pay his child support. Sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. *** colo4jax *** Don't bother looking...
    By tical in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 04:13 AM
  2. [Review] Colo4Jax
    By authorized in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
  3. *** colo4jax *** Nothing to see here...
    By tical in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 01:27 PM
  4. ***colo4jax*** THE BEST VALUE ON WHT! UNMETERED FROM $49/mo!
    By tical in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 06:29 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •