Seeking High End Hosting Company

Hello, I am currently seeking recommendations for a great hosting company

My requirements are as follows:

– I need 2 dedicated windows servers – one with at least 4GB RAM and the other with at least 6 GB RAM
    (the 6 GB Ram server will need MS SQL on it)

– Both require 2×250 GB Hard drives – Both will require 2 CPUs – Will require approx. 2500 GB of bandwidth between the 2 servers – we will be running credit card transactions on both servers – need to be able to support at least 100 concurrent users – need EXCELLENT 24/7 LIVE tech support
    Please reply with any hosting companies that you know could handle these requirements.

Thanks kindly in advance.

When you say "EXCELLENT 24/7 LIVE tech support" are you looking for live chat or phone?

Most hosts will not want to handle high priority emergency issues over live chat. It just isn't efficient or helpful to getting the issue resolved the quickest.
    Using the ticketing system of 24/7 staffed host will get you the attention of all available technicians as well as provide an accurate and up to date history throughout the ticket. This means there is accountability and points of reference later on.

Most any hosting company will be able to meet your requirements jharris387. You should make sure you specify whether you need to have a private server to server connection (private network for example) in addition to the normal access to the Internet.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Tickets are better seeing as most decent companies have ticket alerts go to their phones or another high availability contact method.

A phone number is always good too.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

One really good company is either PacificRack or SuperbServers

I know SuperbServers just put out a 4,000GB Bandwidth on there minimum package list and they have buy one get one free. The one bad thing about them is that for support you have to buy support tickets if its unmanaged, I never was charged for anything.

PacificRack has really good prices and good deals I'd also check them out, there speeds and support ticket replies are really fast.

Those are the real only two I could recommend to you.
    Jason

Check Handy Networks for Windows server.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    When you say "EXCELLENT 24/7 LIVE tech support" are you looking for live chat or phone?
    we need phone support. thanks

hostmysite.com

I would suggest looking for a provider that works with SLA's. This way you are 100% sure that you have a response within the guaranteed response time. The price might be much higher than the server without SLA, but I don't think that's going to be an issue if you want to get helped during and after business hours

Good luck with your search for a good host, I hope you will find a good one that's reliable.

Ps: Have a look at the advertising section here on the forums, there might be a good host there that has the "all in one" package.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

I used hostmysite.com I was not impressed at all with them, I sent a few people there before I used them and they were upset.
    Jason

http://www.netelligent.ca

Not mentioned much here . Based in Montreal. They have great service, hardware products and also very affordable. Not disappointed a moment since 2008 February.
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

go for rackspace if budget is high

What is your budget for this project and any specific location?
    As to -EXCELLENT 24/7 LIVE tech support - I believe you need to buy managed services, with them it shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by CaroNetTanya; 10-07-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: :)

Steadfast, http://www.steadfast.net, can definitely help you out. They have their personnel on site 24/7. PM the owner Karl, he is usually on the forums. Their site definitely has the servers you require and they have managed or unmanaged services.
    Peaktera - Infrastructure as a Service
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation
    Peaktera - www.Peaktera.com

Hello,

Plenty of provider here on WHT can offer what your looking for.

Beware of users posting recommendations (most of them arent even client)

Do you have a preference on where your server should be located? east or west coast?

Are going to manage your own server or need an managed solution?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Beware of users posting recommendations (most of them arent even client)
    Even if they may not be clients, a lot of people frequent these boards. They see which hosts get bashed on a lot and those that are praised a lot. Therefore, they can recommend the proper host based on other posts about that company. Yes, there are people out there that recommend just anyone but some do actually take note of which hosts are praised and which ones get bashed. Can't throw us all in one category.
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by redrocksdatacenter View Post
    Even if they may not be clients, a lot of people frequent these boards. They see which hosts get bashed on a lot and those that are praised a lot. Therefore, they can recommend the proper host based on other posts about that company. Yes, there are people out there that recommend just anyone but some do actually take note of which hosts are praised and which ones get bashed. Can't throw us all in one category.

Actually, you need to have first hand experience with a host before you can recommend them. Making a recommendation based on only forum posts and thigs you have heard is not allowed at WHT as per the forum rules.

Good thing I have used steadfast in the past then =D

There are a lot of hosts here on WHT that will be able to help you out. What are you looking for cost wise? If you gave a ballpark maybe that would help narrow your search down so someone could give you a quote. TheServerExperts had a lot of good questions that will help you find what you're looking for
    Whitney Godard - Account Manager
    SingleHop Inc. - www.singlehop.com Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 107

Quote Originally Posted by redrocksdatacenter View Post
    Forgot to add that fact, WHT doesn't allow recommendations without first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Forgot to add that fact, WHT doesn't allow recommendations without first hand experience.
    I am aware but some people will do it anyway. Just speaking in generalities.