Citrix Xen Server

Is there a web control panel (client area) that will play nicely with Citrix Xen Server. I'm missing a few pages in this chapter of I don't know WTF...

No, as far as I know, there is still not any client GUI for Citrix XenServer.

In my knowledge also there is no client GUI for Citrix XenServer.

Do you mean to control the various Xen domUs? DTC (http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc.html) supports management of the domUs at a low level. It doesn't specifically need XenServer, just a Xen dom0 backend.
    GigaTux, Value Linux Hosting
    UK, US and Germany based Xen VPS. Reliability is key! Quick support response and 99.9% SLA.

Quote Originally Posted by cocodude View Post
    Do you mean to control the various Xen domUs? DTC (http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc.html) supports management of the domUs at a low level. It doesn't specifically need XenServer, just a Xen dom0 backend.
    The short version of what I'm thinking.

Citrix Xen has a very nice administrative back end interface.

Take http://vcpanel.net/ for example, it has an admin back end with a client front end. In short, I don't care about the admin back end. Just a place for users to manage their assigned VM's.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    Take http://vcpanel.net/ for example, it has an admin back end with a client front end. In short, I don't care about the admin back end. Just a place for users to manage their assigned VM's.
    I think DTC could work for you then. The basic idea behind it is:

dom0: Install a small DTC SOAP server to control the VMs.

A spare domU, or some other server: Install the main DTC control panel (which also can handle standard shared web hosting etc.). This client interface allows you to reboot, shut down, kill and see stats on VMs, as well as reinstall VM Operating Systems.

We use it at GigaTux and currently only handle VPS customers. It does the job nicely.
    UK, US and Germany based Xen VPS. Reliability is key! Quick support response and 99.9% SLA.

I will definitely dig deeper into this one. Also if I may be so bold as to ask. Are you running iSCSI with multiple nodes? Or standalone nodes?

Right now I have a SAS Expander that will link to a Dual Nehalem Xeon server.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    Are you running iSCSI with multiple nodes? Or standalone nodes?
    We're not running iSCSI at all! We did a cost-benefit analysis and it didn't work out as the best option for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cocodude View Post
    We're not running iSCSI at all! We did a cost-benefit analysis and it didn't work out as the best option for us.
    It's definitely not cheap for iSCSI, especially when looking at something like what Dell offers. But it sure is sexy