free Ways of advertising hosting company?

Do you guys have any tips for me on how I can advertise my hosting company either very cheap or for free? If theres any forums where I can advertise my hosting company (other than this site) please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by arbershosting View Post
    Do you guys have any tips for me on how I can advertise my hosting company either very cheap or for free? If theres any forums where I can advertise my hosting company (other than this site) please let me know.
    Picking up your local phone book and start calling you'll get a much better quality customer and a better paying one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr View Post
    Picking up your local phone book and start calling you'll get a much better quality customer and a better paying one too.
    I dont really want to be a burdent to most people + last time I remembered it would be illegal if I called them according to canadian law

Hello,
    Posting in the offers in fourms is the best *free* way to do it. Just dont spam or it will give you the wrong image.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Hello,
    Posting in the offers in fourms is the best *free* way to do it. Just dont spam or it will give you the wrong image.
    You only can post every 7 days so I need other methods also

You only can post every 7 days so I need other methods also
    Hello,
    Here is the thing, WHT is known as a PR7 page. This means that Google Indexes this site several times a day. If you properly word your weekly WHT Posting, it can dominate on google.

In this case it is QUALITY over QUANTITY
    Keith I Myers

Hello,
    Here is the thing, WHT is known as a PR7 page. This means that Google Indexes this site several times a day. If you properly word your weekly WHT Posting, it can dominate on google.

In this case it is QUALITY over QUANTITY
    True though if I post on several pr3+ site + wht Pr7 site it can be even more better.

Find forums you can advertise on, cold call/email various websites and offer them deals, run a lot of promotions

True though if I post on several pr3+ site + wht Pr7 site it can be even more better.
    Bingo,
    One other tip is to make some changes to your signature a bit (trust me, if done right, it works wonders). See this example

John Smith
    NameOfHost - TagLine
    Why A Customer Should Buy From You
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-07-2009 at 01:23 AM.
    Keith I Myers

I dont really want to be a burdent to most people + last time I remembered it would be illegal if I called them according to canadian law
    So go knock on their little business door? I don't know canadian law but that would be oh so nice if I didn't get so many cold calls

Call around, ask people for their website, call back a few days later and if they didn't have one, offer your services.

Businesses that can afford websites (aka stable businesses / new businesses) will not remember your phone number.

Some people might say this is unsolicited marketing, although in my opinion, a sale is a sale and business is well, business.
    Not sure what to put here :-P

I seen some company advertise in ebay. i dont know it works or not.

Search here I do remember some guys got a list of forums that would meet your needs to post ads.And signature would be another way to make your company well-known.Join the discussion helps better than just posting ads.
    Good luck!
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Twitters, facebook and social network are the great place to advertise ask your friends to help.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Quote Originally Posted by matthall28 View Post
    Find forums you can advertise on, cold call/email various websites and offer them deals, run a lot of promotions
    I tried to find forums but alot of them didnt have any web hosting offers section
    Bingo,
    One other tip is to make some changes to your signature a bit (trust me, if done right, it works wonders). See this example

John Smith
    NameOfHost - TagLine
    Why A Customer Should Buy From You
    Thanks for that. I edited my signature right now.
    So go knock on their little business door? I don't know canadian law but that would be oh so nice if I didn't get so many cold calls
    I might as well do that
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseweb View Post
    Call around, ask people for their website, call back a few days later and if they didn't have one, offer your services.

Businesses that can afford websites (aka stable businesses / new businesses) will not remember your phone number.

Some people might say this is unsolicited marketing, although in my opinion, a sale is a sale and business is well, business.
    Hmm interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kind3net View Post
    I seen some company advertise in ebay. i dont know it works or not.
    I tried it once but failed
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_pu View Post
    Search here I do remember some guys got a list of forums that would meet your needs to post ads.And signature would be another way to make your company well-known.Join the discussion helps better than just posting ads.
    Good luck!
    thanks, I actually found a good list
    Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    Twitters, facebook and social network are the great place to advertise ask your friends to help.
    I am not a big fan of social networking.

I think you stick to forums like WHT for that.
    Hey Mikey likes it!

Twitter is free!

you could always put mini posters up on public notice boards.

Go to conventions, particularly web and computer ones. Network.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

You might want to try doing trade agreements. Offer to do the hosting if you can put some ads on their sites.

Do you guys think buy & sell sections, craigslist and such are good ways?

Not Rocket Science....

If you are looking for the one magic marketing idea, You will not find it.
    With 6 billion people in the world from many countries and many interests, you can do the math and figure out you can and should use every method possible to market your product or service.
    You can never lose site of your goals.... Just do not place "time limits"on them.
    Give out business cards, flyers, forums, word of mouth, a sign on your car....etc.
    Even if you do not get an order directly from one form of marketing, at least your company name has been seen.
    Remember, a business is WORK, so expect this to take a while and it will sometimes feel like WORK!
    Nexxterra.com Web Hosting and Domain Registration
    MassiveServers.com Dedicated servers - Miami, Florida, USA
    BuyAWebName.com Domain name registration

Quote Originally Posted by nexxterra View Post
    With 6 billion people in the world from many countries and many interests, you can do the math and figure out you can and should use every method possible to market your product or service.
    You can never lose site of your goals.... Just do not place "time limits"on them.
    Give out business cards, flyers, forums, word of mouth, a sign on your car....etc.
    Even if you do not get an order directly from one form of marketing, at least your company name has been seen.
    Remember, a business is WORK, so expect this to take a while and it will sometimes feel like WORK!
    Correct,
    Just remember that Web Hosting is not a "Get Rich Quick" business. It takes time, and effort to get customers. Of course posting on targeted web forums is a possible way to get hits, there are several others. One free option is to have an "Affiliate" program to offer your current customers a better reason to pass you around.

@nexxterra - Business Cards and Flyers can be nice, but I found them to be more costly and ineffective. Also - Miami is my territory
    Keith I Myers

Nothing is unusual in advertizing hosting company, use the following ways:

- Web link directory submission;
    - Article directory submission;
    - Social bookmarking;
    - Press release submission;
    - Search engine submission;
    - Forum posting;
    - Blog commenting;
    - Link exchange with topic related sites

You can also create your own hosting forum, blog, hosting directory or host reviews and discount websites. Fill them with good and interesting content and promote in web properly. Acting in such an effective way you will advertize a hosting company .

Quote Originally Posted by nexxterra View Post
    I was thinking about going to popular malls in my area ex. Vaughan mills & York Dale mall and putting flyers on cars but I need to know if its legal or not and do I need anything from the owner of the mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    Nothing is unusual in advertizing hosting company, use the following ways:

- Web link directory submission;
    - Article directory submission;
    - Social bookmarking;
    - Press release submission;
    - Search engine submission;
    - Forum posting;
    - Blog commenting;
    - Link exchange with topic related sites

You can also create your own hosting forum, blog, hosting directory or host reviews and discount websites. Fill them with good and interesting content and promote in web properly. Acting in such an effective way you will advertize a hosting company .
    Yeah but I dont have much time for that so I need to find people who will do it in exchange for money.

Here is a good complete list of boards:

http://big-boards.com
    VirtualSRV.com
    |Affordable Prices|Premium Hardware
    |Instant Set Up|OpenVZ Virtualization
    Visit Us! www.virtualsrv.com

Forum signatures is probably your best bet for free advertising.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

Quote Originally Posted by Bannaz View Post
    Forum signatures is probably your best bet for free advertising.
    True,
    However that requires that you
    a) Are active in forums (and who at WHT is not anyways)
    b) Are targeted to the potential customer - You will get more hits in a "hosting forum" rather then a "coffee fourm"
    c) Add value to the thread - Dont post for the sole value of having your signature being displayed. (Sig Spamming)
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by ArbersHosting View Post
    I was thinking about going to popular malls in my area ex. Vaughan mills & York Dale mall and putting flyers on cars but I need to know if its legal or not and do I need anything from the owner of the mall.

Yeah but I dont have much time for that so I need to find people who will do it in exchange for money.
    Hmmm, I am not sure that putting flyers on cars would be great for a hosting business.

My tip would be walking around your local mall and giving your flyers to the business owner or manger themselves. Say - 'I don't want to take up much of your time but here is my flyer - we are are having a special this month, oh and my business is just around the corner...' and give them the flyer and leave, (unless they have any questions) Don't try to sell it to hard, just nice and casual.

Get you hair cut and put on a suit and if you are cheerfull and confident, you may get some clients - only of course if what you are offering is value.

One tip, I think your webpage is a little hard to read - all that grey text, and you need to rewrite it in a way to suit the people you are marketing to - you local businesses. Why not just hav one plan? Then you can skip all the chart, noone who has no idea about hosting except they need it to run thier business website would know what you are talking about and which plan the REALLY need. Also you almost seem to discourage people to sign up in the text at the start of the chart. I had to read it twice...

Good luck mate

Matt

What Im going to try to do in a couple of days is, Gather as many emails I can from domains whois and site admins emails and just email thm about my site and how it can help them.

Lightbulb

That isn't a good idea. You will get many irritated residents feeling negative of your company. It does more harm than good.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectedHosting View Post
    What Im going to try to do in a couple of days is, Gather as many emails I can from domains whois and site admins emails and just email thm about my site and how it can help them.
    Right there is the reason private who-is, is so popular.
    GetCloudHosting.com - Looking for HOT deals on cloud hosting services? We post 5 of the hottest deals every day! -> Click Here <-

Quote Originally Posted by B r a n d o n View Post
    Right there is the reason private who-is, is so popular.
    Even if you have private whois, the email there is generally forwarded to the domain owners real email address. Personally in my experience, only scammers or eccentric people use private whois.

Quote Originally Posted by mike123106 View Post
    Even if you have private whois, the email there is generally forwarded to the domain owners real email address. Personally in my experience, only scammers or eccentric people use private whois.
    I'm afraid your blunt statement may cause some unnecessary disputes. The purpose for private WHOIS is for privacy protection against spammers from spamming their contact and prevent their information to be told to the whole world, which isn't desired by the majority. Unless you are doing a business website, your theory doesn't make sense.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

first list your company at webhostingstuff.com its free

Quote Originally Posted by ArbersHosting View Post
    Yes, nothing is done for free today

It seems it's not working now, but you could get $100 for free to spend of Facebook ads here.
    DuplikaHosting en Argentina made with love
    Trusted by more than 4000 customers since 2005.

That Facebook link works.

I just got my coupon. Thanks for the tip!

forums

Use forums to advertise your company..its free