* ZipServers or Futurehosting

I'm looking for pretty decent Linux Cpanel VPS with managed support. So both ZipServers and Futurehosting are identical for me.

Guy's please help me to choose one among them

What are you needs as far as server resources go? In addition, what sort of budget are you looking at?

I've been with a ton of providers over the past few years. When I jumped to Futurehost I never looked back. I've been with them for 11 months and have to say the uptime and stability is simply amazing. My pick would be futurehost but I am partial to them as my website has only been off-line for brief upgrades (15-30 min) and myself taking it down. My previous host were always doing this or that to "their" server and I lost many customers over those situations.

FutureHosting is great, you won't regret signing up with them. Which provider you go with will all depend on what resources you need and what your budget is though.
    Rock Solid Shared, Reseller and VPS Solutions
    Cpanel/WHM, Fantastico de Luxe, Installatron, RVSkin, RVSiteBuilder, 24/7 Support
    FFMPEG, ImageMagick, PHP5, Ruby On Rails, Subversion, Trac, PDO, Zend
    DashingHost - Fast (dashing) Web Hosting

Sounds Good... Thanks for review....

Might help to know what criteria you used to get it down to those two providers. Never used ZS but I did use FH for quite a while. I would recommend them under certain circumstances.

Talking Future Hosting

Future Hosting is much more experting in VPS market, a market where ZipServeres has entered recently...
    The-REV, OS/2 Guru
    http://macarloshark.com/
    Trusted Since 1997
    Blog: http://my.opera.com/The-REV/blog/

sharepoint-hosting,

Just curious, what did you find appealing about ZipServers and FutureHosting?

Have you decided which control panel you'd like? cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, H Sphere, Webmin, etc.?

Where is your web hosting audience/clientele located? Any preference of data center location?

Last but not least what is your budget?
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Im not sure about zipservers but i would stay away from futurehosting. They are trying to do good but everything seem to go wrong for them. My vps got ddosed, etc. But the worst thing about future hosting is the not so knowledgeable staff. Talking to their staff is like talking to a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehostingnl View Post
    Im not sure about zipservers but i would stay away from futurehosting. They are trying to do good but everything seem to go wrong for them. My vps got ddosed, etc. But the worst thing about future hosting is the not so knowledgeable staff. Talking to their staff is like talking to a brick wall.
    Who are you exactly? PM me your ticket ID or account information. If you are getting DDOSed, you need specialized DDOS protection which we do not claim to offer advanced DDOS protection.
    http://www.futurehosting.com
    Managed, Unmanaged VPS, Dedicated Servers, CDN
    Available locations: Australia, Amsterdam, Detroit, London, Santa Clara, Miami

hmm. not really. they've been great to me. my server has been always online. I consume lots and lots of bandwidth because I ran 3 shoutcast stations. server speeds are fast and quite okay but It's just the server load that's bothering me but everything seems to run okay.

Support staff does what you ask them to do. although it might take a while (unlike wiredtree who gives solutions in under 10 minutes.) for them to answer your ticket but they are indeed a decent provider.

But the worst thing about future hosting is the not so knowledgeable staff. Talking to their staff is like talking to a brick wall.
    Strange, I've only used their unmanaged services but on those, over almost 3 years, I've had the exact opposite experience with them. The guys are clearly experts, they communicate and run their machines very well, and on the rare occasions when things have gone wrong they didn't give me any BS stock answers telling me it's a problem within my VPS. But, as always, YMMV.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Total Posts: 9

Seems strange with above. Never think this to be a valid one.

Im an ex customer. But no for instance script which i used of other servers worked great but with futurehosting everything dint work.

It would be better, if you could report your server IP earlier to WHT moderators or may to futurehosting itself so that they can investigate further.

Because, an user joined one day back with 9 posts shouldn't be that much valid.

Oh my opinion isnt crediable because i have 9 posts? ok in a few weeks when my post count is higher than yours i will come back to this post and post the same thing.

Im an ex customer. But no for instance script which i used of other servers worked great but with futurehosting everything dint work.
    Please contact us at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/ to tell us a domain you had hosted with futurehosting.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Oh my opinion isnt crediable because i have 9 posts? ok in a few weeks when my post count is higher than yours i will come back to this post and post the same thing.
    Post count doesn't matter & always matter how long you are here.

WHT is a place where everyone believes things to be true. So, if you are making either a good or bad review on any company it should be valid one.

Report your site to moderators and lets see,

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Strange, I've only used their unmanaged services but on those, over almost 3 years, I've had the exact opposite experience with them. The guys are clearly experts, they communicate and run their machines very well, and on the rare occasions when things have gone wrong they didn't give me any BS stock answers telling me it's a problem within my VPS. But, as always, YMMV.
    I can also vouch for FH's competent support. I had a DirectAdmin VPS with FH for a few months. During my time there I submitted just under 20 support tickets. IIRC they were all resolved to my satisfaction in a timely manner.

In fact I'm surprised FH isn't more popular on WHT especially considering their generous VPS hosting offers, IMHO they're clearly the best value for a fully managed VPS provider. Where else can you find a VPS offering 20GB disk, 768MB RAM, 700GB bandwidth, cPanel for under $30/mo that is fully managed?
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

I got lot of comments here. I'm happy with both zipservers and FH. But only issue that I'm having is, I need to get VPS with white labled IP. I have contact both sales and asked about it. FH simply rejected it. But Zipservers promised to do it. Also zipservers data center is Softlayer. It is one plus point I'm having with them. Still I'm thinking... zip or FH...

IPs will always have our name on them as they are allocated directly by ARIN. We can SWIP the IPs, so they will list your name as well as ours.
    http://www.futurehosting.com
    Managed, Unmanaged VPS, Dedicated Servers, CDN
    Available locations: Australia, Amsterdam, Detroit, London, Santa Clara, Miami

Quote Originally Posted by futurehosting View Post
    IPs will always have our name on them as they are allocated directly by ARIN. We can SWIP the IPs, so they will list your name as well as ours.
    what do you mean by SWIP? can I request for this on my IPs? I would love to see my name on the whois lookups of my IP.

(noob with these things.)

I'm going to vouch for FutureHosting here - I've been with them since March and they are brilliant. Their techs resolve problems quickly and efficiently, and even though some of their standard offerings may be expensive, they are really worth the money. 11/10, they're that good!
    Theo Robertson | vividWire | Solid IT solutions for business
    vividWire VPS - Low-latency London, UK VPS based in Telehouse North, SSD RAID10 storage & KVM virtualisation
    vividWire Shared Hosting - Performance UK hosting with cPanel, CloudLinux, CloudFlare, 99.99% SLA